Battlestar Galactica Dated
Written Thursday, October 18, 2007 By Philip Maples
Sierra Online, a division of Vivendi Games, has set release dates for Battlestar Galactica™, an action-packed, space combat interactive game based on the popular television series produced by Universal Media Studios and airing on SCI FI Channel. Battlestar Galactica™ will be available for Windows PC via top online gaming portals and in retail stores Oct. 23, 2007 and will land on Xbox LIVE Arcade Oct. 24, 2007. The Battlestar Galactica™ interactive game is produced under license from Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group.
Leading up to the launch of the game, fans of the series can also watch Razor Flashbacks on www.scifi.com/battlestar that will whet their appetites for the upcoming SCI FI Channel special two-hour Battlestar Galactica episode: Razor. Razor, which will serve as a backdrop for the events of season four of Battlestar Galactica, tells the story of Lee Adama's first mission as the commander of the battlestar Pegasus — and the harrowing tale of that ship's desperate fight for survival in the immediate aftermath of the Cylon's genocidal siege of the Twelve Colonies.
Features of the upcoming game include:
- Single-Player Campaign – Pilot various ships and complete 10 memorable missions from the TV series.
- Multiplayer Game Mode – Play online in this relentless space-based action shooter in Domination, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch modes. (8 players on Xbox LIVE Arcade and 16 players on Windows PC)
- Legendary Spaceships – Fly 4 Human and 4 Cylon ships from the Viper II to the Cylon Raider, each with unique weapon capabilities.
- Special Weapons – Coordinate attacks with an arsenal of destructive weapons including the missiles, guns and more.
- Defensive Maneuvers – Avoid annihilation with the barrel roll, flip turn and other aerial moves.
Battlestar Galactica is rated E 10+ and will be available for Windows PC at retail outlets nationwide as well as top online gaming portals for $19.99. An Xbox LIVE Arcade version of the game will be available for 800 Microsoft points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. For more information on the Battlestar Galactica interactive game visit www.bsgarcade.com.
Thanks goes to TeamXbox.