Tecmo Koei has announced that Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 will now be coming to Europe on February 8th, 2013, with a storyline that follows the entirety of the original manga anime, and a whole array of features.
Ken's Rage 2 will boast a number of features and modes, including:
- Legend Mode - starts with a re-imagined version of ‘Raoh’ and covers ‘Celestial Emperor’ and ‘Land of Shura’. This way the game can be enjoyed by both existing fans of the manga and newcomers to Kenshiro’s post-apocalyptic world. Different characters will be controlled for each episode while ‘boss’ encounters will feature entire famous scenes from the manga.
"Additionally, ‘Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2’ also features an episode dedicated to Ken’s faithful companions, Bat and Rin. This chapter, although part of the original manga, has never before been visualised and provides a brand new, original experience for players," reads the latest press release.
- Over 20 playable characters - including Juda, Rei, Shew, Shin, Thouzer, Jagi, Raoh, Toki, Fudo, Juza, Mamiya, Ryuga, Ein, Falco, Hyou, Kaioh, Shachi, and more.
- Dynamic new moves - The destructive power of the techniques of Hokuto Shinken and Nanto Seiken meet the intense action of the Warriors series to produce a thrilling experience. In addition to the signature moves of the first title, new actions such as ‘sprint’ and ‘dodge’ have been added to the move sets.
- Dream Mode - introduces new, original storylines to the Fist of the North Star Universe while bridging the gaps between parts of the main story, often focusing on some of the series’ minor characters.
- Online Co-Op and Versus Play - Four to eight players can use Dream Mode to enjoy online co-op or versus play.
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 is out on February 5th in North America and February 8th in Europe.