Boss / Weapon Match-Ups

UCB Disco

I didn't see a thread with this, so I decided to give out the information in case some people were wondering what weapons are most effective on the bosses (Hope this helps for people having a hard time.):

Splash Woman

- Hornet Chaser (Alt. Mega Buster)

Concrete Man

- Laser Trident

Galaxy Man

- Concrete Shot (Alt. Mega Buster)

Jewel Man

- Black Hole Bomb

Plug Man

- Jewel Satellite

Tornado Man

- Plug Balls

Magma Man

- Tornado Blow

Hornet Man

- Magma Bazooka

LAST LEVEL (SPOILERS)

Wiley Boss #1 (Four Statues)

- Mega Buster (I don't think other weapons even work)

Wiley Boss #2 (War Ship)

- Part 1: Laser Trident, Part 2: Hornet Chaser, Part 3: Black Hole Bomb and Laser Trident (Used in combination)

Wiley Boss #3 (Blob Devil)

- Black Hole Bomb

Wiley (Final Boss)

- Part 1: Mega Buster, Part 2: Concrete Shot, Part 3: Plug Balls

Wiley Boss #2 (War Ship)

- Part 1: Laser Trident, Part 2: Hornet Chaser, Part 3: Black Hole Bomb and Laser Trident (Used in combination)

For part one, with the homing missiles that come after you... the Mega Buster is very effective against it. I'd recommend saving your Laser Trident for the third part against the shark's mouth, lest you use it all up on the first part.

For part one, with the homing missiles that come after you... the Mega Buster is very effective against it. I'd recommend saving your Laser Trident for the third part against the shark's mouth, lest you use it all up on the first part.

Oh, yeah. Thanks. I meant to put Alt. - Mega Buster for that part, but the Laser Trident is still most effective.

As far as the shark sub goes, I always used the homing hornets on the first part, magma on the second, as the hornets block it's homing missiles pretty well and the magma bazooka not only seems to do the most damage, but also protects you from the cars it shoots out during the second part.

Also, plug balls seem to push the spiked balls faster against the first boss in wily's castle.

I've actually found the magma shot to be more useful fighting the last form of wily. It can hit him at most any place he appears, and if he appears close and you hit him with all three shots it does a lot of damage to him. I can kill him rather quick that way, two hits every time he appears in range whittles him fast.

For the shark boss on Wily Stage #2, even though the Black Hole Bomb may work well, you shouldn't use because you will need it for the boss on Wily Stage #3.

I find the Magma Shot almost useless on the final phase of Wily. I thought a charged shot would do a lot of damage, but it's not his weakness and doesn't do that much. Often times I'll waste the charged shot when I think Wily stopped teleporting, but hasn't yet. Plug Ball, though you'll have to get close to him to hit him with it, is the best bet and will knock him out in a few hits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...