Ideas to help people organize boosting parties.

Zenquen

SHORT VERSION : FEEL FREE TO SKIP WALL OF TEXT

1) Use the front page to help boosting groups find members - this is the only idea i really care about, feel free to ignore the others.

2) Give incentives to people who help boost despite having finished their own achievements.

3) Reorganize or Add tools to the forums to make formation of boosting groups easier. - these tools already exist

4) Add feedback system to keep track of who is a good boosting partner and who should be avoided like the plague - already been suggested already but gave it another go

As someone who bought an x-box late in the game and also has a taste for games which really don't seem to sell well I have noticed it can be hard to get a boosting party together for games people really have no interest in playing anymore or have already gained the achievements and moved on. So I was trying to think of different ways to help along the process.

My first idea is perhaps being able to take out a little "announcement" space on the front page, members could pay x360a to host an announcement for their boosting party on the front page to garner attention for a specific game people are trying to boost or a specific person who was willing to pony up the cash could finally finish that game they could never find people for. I mean just looking at the way x360a was able to get 1000 people for basketball together it shouldn't be hard to help smaller groups in a similar fashion.

Then for people who already had the achievements for these games there could be an incentive program dusting off that old disk and helping out some poor newbies get their achievements, perhaps a forum award, a special thanks somewhere or if they went above and beyond the call of duty maybe there could be contests for the biggest "helpers" to get savings on subscriptions or maybe some other kind of prize. Of course there would have to be different rules and guidelines set up if there were going to be prizes or awards but it could be done, but still any kind of incentive would be nice.

Then helping boosters organize on the forums themselves, some ideas were maybe archiving inactive "looking for boosting party" if say nobody posts for 3-6 months and creating a new one so that people could see just how active the thread is or people recently looking for the game.

Possibly creating sub forums for each game so each individual boosting party can have their own topic to help better organize themselves, or better yet installing a sign up application to the forums which they kind of act like a modified version of the member groups function except choosing one that is more user friendly allowing to people to view and sign up for achievement boosting groups and check their status easily also making it easier for the people organizing these things to send out messages and keep track of what people in the boosting group are doing.

Then my last idea which im sure has been suggested before, some little thing for forum users to give other users thumbs up or thumbs down to report how they acted in a boosting session, I have begun avoiding this site more and more since each boosting session i have been involved in has had one or two people who either sabotaged the attempt we had made after weeks of organization or simply just acted poorly in general.

Also to get the inevitable out of the way sorry if this has been posted before, i used the search function.

And yes I know some people probably think it is way too much work or too complicated.

People could pay to have their boosting announcement put up for a specified amount of time along with any other relevant info needed to get the boosting party started, it could work in a first come first serve basis, once someone's time had run out depending if they paid for a day, week or potentially a month the next person who subscribed would take their place and would simply work down the line.

It would not even necessarily have to appear on the main page, just some place or even simply a forum topic/area dedicated to bringing attention towards a specific game now and then to give people a chance to boost.

It is surprisingly hard to organize a group of people for boosting and it would make sense since a site that claims to have such a strong community to try and do something to band together and help their community. The pain of x-box live is that games only last for so long on "live" and then often your chances of being able to find players or boosters begins decreasing dramatically.

I mean I have gone out of my way to buy people the games so that they can help me get the achievements I wanted, so i am sure there would be people willing to pay the site to help them get people to boost games with.

I also realize the NBA thing was no small feat, but saying something is a lot of work without first considering all the positives and negatives just seems lazy to me.

just some place or even simply a forum topic/area dedicated to bringing attention towards a specific game now and then to give people a chance to boost.

We already have that in each forum. Its down to people to check out the games they want to boost in.

If in the future we decide to do community events then of course they will get published on the site then. Making the site a Craigs List doesnt seem like a good move to me.

I didnt say no becuase it's a lot of work, I said it becuase at the moment I don't think its a good move for the site.

So many people finish a game and then leave it never looking back at the people who are still trying to get the achievements, the people who could not afford to buy the games right away and by a certain point it becomes extremely difficult to organize a sufficient group or even effort with the current system in place. Even a game of the week type program where a random game is chosen so people try to come together and help boost those achievements, or maybe a list of users willing to take time out of their own schedules to replay old games to help people get the achievements they are missing.

threads which are hard to navigate, disorganized and a poor choice for the task they represent.
Hardly. If you want to boost a game, you visit the appropriate achievement trading thread and message users who have recently posted there. If nobody has, you post your gamertag and state what achievements you wish to boost and wait for replys. Hardly a faulty system, and one which has helped out thousands of gamers.

Possibly creating sub forums for each game so each individual boosting party can have their own topic to help better organize themselves, or better yet installing a sign up application to the forums which they kind of act like a modified version of the member groups function except choosing one that is more user friendly allowing to people to view and sign up for achievement boosting groups and check their status easily also making it easier for the people organizing these things to send out messages and keep track of what people in the boosting group are doing.

If the mods created a subforum and people made a new topic for each boosting party, people would just ignore all the others and make their own so there would be 50 threads with no replies for each. People already do that in some Achievement Trading Threads.