Seraphic Gate (spoilers)

rokkyrok

thanks to darklingphoenix, iamtehwin, sheik and myself:

The Seraphic gate is unlocked after you beat the game on normal or higher, its located in kolton in the palace, a teleporter off to the side takes you there.

Floor1 - Graad Prison

Boss:Vembert

Drops the Maestro's Baton for Rico

Port1: Sends you to Oradian Dunes

Floor2 - Oradian Dunes

No bosses, just 2 teleporters

Port1: Shadow Sigmund fight, defeat him and he joins your party, 2 chests and you can use his equipment (he has a 2k dmg sword!). This also unlocks "Big Daddy's Back" for 49 GS.

Port2: Sends you to Luce Plains

Floor3 - Luce Plains

Boss: Wyvern

Drops a Weapon for Edward, Hrotti (?)

Port1: Sends you to Bahir Mines

Chest at the side has a helmet

Chest on rock (i forgot)

Floor4 - Bahir Mines

Port1: Sends you to Port Zala

Port2: Sends you to Cobasna Timberlands

Chest: Where you go up stiars and theres a left and right, if you go right theres a dead end rickety bridge over fire, a secret chest is there which contains Sarnga, A sweet ass bow for aya

Side-Floor1 - Port Zala

No bosses here, just a port to the beach

Chest: If you run to the end of the dock there is a secret chest here as well, just flute it and you will get this item Avifir Garb, great armor for eugene or someone who you use

Side-Floor - Port Zala Beach

Boss: Leviathan

Drops a weapon (Moonsword), for Vic

Thats it for this path, head back to Bahir to take the other port

Floor5 - Cobasna Timberlands

Boss: Peluda, a big lion/snake looking thing

Drops a weapon (Sabris Claws), for Gustav

Port1: Sends you to Nolaan

Floor6 - Nolaan

No bosses here, just some enemies

Port1: Sends you to Vesplume Tower

Floor7 - Vesplume Tower

Boss: Gabriele Celeste

Drops a weapon (Genesis), for Michelle

2 chests with Charming Perfume and Nighthawk, for Komachi

Port1: Sends you to Kolton safe area

Safe Area!

No boss in here, just 4 chests (Feet of Saruleus, Pius Wood, Atlantis Metal and Amarlista), a save point and genma (Finally a save point)

Notable thing about this area, there is a teleporter that will send you to kolton, note that this is a one way portal, if you leave you have to run all the way back down again.

Two ways to go, upstairs to floor9 or ahead to floor8.

Floor8 - some dungeon

Boss1: one of those eyes

Drops: nothing

Boss: Wrath

Drops a weapon (Discipline Staff), for Eugene

Port: none, you will need to backtrack

Floor9 - Graad Woods

No bosses here, just some enemies.

Locked chest with Sabris garb

Invisible chest with magic amplio

Port to Dragonbone Shrine

Floor10 - Dragonbone Shrine

Boss: Seaspawn

Drops armor (Karathos Suit), for Capell

Port to castle/prison

Floor11 - Castle/prison

Locked chest with atlantis metal

Locked chest with symphony notations

Port to Halgitia

Floor12 - Halgitia

Boss: Grymon

Drops an executioner, axe for Balbagan

invisible chest with divinity

Port to the moon

Floor13 - the moon

Boss - Leonid

Drops a celestial sword

Boss - Ethereal Queen

Drops a tri-emblem

Edited by rokkyrok

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been talking about this place over at GameFAQs, and a few of us have gotten fairly far into it. So far I myself have been able to get all the way to the Ethereal Queen, but i'm no match for her. Here's what I can remember offhand. Some of the drops I cant remember because I did them a few days ago and didnt write them down.

Floor1 - Graad Prison

Boss:Vembert

Drops the Maestro's Baton for Rico

Port1: Sends you to Oradian Dunes

Floor2 - Oradian Dunes

Port1: Shadow sigmund fight, defeat him and he joins your party

Port2: Sends you to Luce Plains

Floor3 - Luce Plains

Boss: Wyvern

Drops a Weapon for Edward, cant remember the name though

Port1: Sends you to Bahir Mines

Floor4 - Bahir Mines

Port1: Sends you to Port Zala

Port2: Sends you to Cobasna Timberlands

Side-Floor1 - Port Zala

No bosses here, just a port to the beach

Side-Floor - Port Zala Beach

Boss: Leviathan

Drops a weapon, but I cant remember for who at the moment

Thats it for this path, head back to Bahir to take the other port

Boss: The big lion/snake looking thing

Again, drops a weapon but I cant remember for who

Port1: Sends you to Nolaan

Floor6 - Nolaan

No bosses here, just some enemies

Port1: Sends you to Vesplume Tower

Floor7 - Vesplume Tower

Drops something, still no idea

Safe Area!

No boss in here, just a few chests, a save point and genma(Finally a save point)

Notable thing about this area, there is a teleporter that will send you to kolton, note that this is a one way portal, if you leave you have to run all the way back down again.

Theres still alot after this that I have done, but this is a big enough wall-o-text for now.

Edited by Darklingphoenix
Forgot one of the areas

Beating Sigmund in the Seraphic Gates Guide

First of all sigmund is hard don't go into the fight thinking he isn't, but if your about lvl 55+ you should be ok using this.

Set Up : Capell is the only one you use in this fight so first thing you need to do is set reignleif to the A or B button ( doesn't really matter they dont do that much differnt damage and you are just gonna be running anyway )

Make sure before you enter the seraphic gates you buy 99 of every item especially healing for this fight.

Fight Start : Start by running around the middle like a pussy with your sword put away, and then when far enough away pull it out and reignleif him.

He Should : Now he is going to try and doing an attack to you, If it lands you need to get up as fast as you can and start running, if he doesn't hit you then you need to start running!

While Running : Once you get far enough away this time, Heal with a medicine real quick.

What's that you say? : He only hit me and took off 1000 hit points? It doesn't matter, heal anyway, no reason to act a fool!

EDIT: A tip for doing the seraphic gates, if you defeat a boss and you think "wow theres no save, hope i find one soon" DONT FORGET!!! you can run all the way back up and save, but you will have to fight all the enemies on the way down. Just think, do i want to fight the enemies or do i want to just redo it ALL if i die? personally i f'ing hate dying half way to the next save!! Just a tip good luck to all!

Just keep doing this and he will die in about 10 minutes, easy as hell.

Edited by iamtehwin

As another person on gameFAQs posted, he used the Prudentiae song to block gabriele's spells, but I didnt use it myself, so I can't fully comment on how to use that effectively. As for myself I just fought him like any other boss, ran away from the big attacks and spammed Grinn Valesti when I had the chance.

For anyone who gets to a point like beating a boss and than dies and becomes more and more frustrated, heres a tip.

I went all the way to third level and then went back, got sigmund and went back to the top to town and saved, not only do the bosses stay dead you keep sigmund, your levels, items, gold, and anything else.

Also the enemies respawn both up and down, so you get more exp than you can imagine.

Also, once you get sigmund, just take his stuff and put it on capell, hes low level anyway. Im 80 hes 12 so hes stuff beefs my stats up to outragous amounts

Stats for Capell

ATK : 3127

DEF : 1137

HIT : 445

AGL : 232

INT : 346

ATK and DEF is ridiculous i dont get hurt and everything dies fast

Also there is an item in the mines,

Where you go up stiars and theres a left and right, if you go right theres a dead end rickety bridge over fire, a secret chest is there which contains

Sarnga, A sweet ass bow for aya

Another thing, In Port Zala,

If you run to the end of the dock there is a secret chest here as well, just flute it and you will get this item

Avifir Garb, great armor for eugene or someone who you use

Edited by iamtehwin

Boss: Peluda

Drops a weapon (Sabris Claws), for Gustav

Floor7 - Vesplume Tower

Drops a weapon (Genesis), for Michelle

2 chests with Charming Perfume and Nighthawk, for Komachi

Safe Area has 4 chests. This is what you get from them: Feet of Saruleus, Pius Wood, Atlantis Metal and Amarlista

Floor8 - some dungeon

Boss: Wrath

Drops a weapon (Discipline Staff), for Eugene

Floor9 - Graad Woods

Portal to Dragonbone Shrine

Floor10 - Dragonbone Shrine

Boss: Seaspawn

Drops armor (Karathos Suit), for Capell

Edited by Sheik

I feel I'm gonna do a big mistake. I just fight all the bosses in one run from Wyvern to Peluda, I met Gabriel and he killed my whole team in one shot, except Michelle who survived with one hp. Thank god she had time to revive me and I just ran like hell to the portal. But now I really don't want to make all the way back to Kolton, especially because of the Cobasna Timberlands that are soooo boring.

Question: Do you think I can beat Gab? I'm level 100 with Capell, 75 for Sigmund and 95 for Aya and Michelle. Everyone has the best equipment I can have so far. Maybe I can enchant them with Def + 20%. I'm so scared to go back to him, if I die I'm gonna break my controller. I'm waiting for the answer of someone who beat him. What level should I be please?

Edit: I just found that on gamefaqs:

Regarding Gabriel Celeste, I found him very easy to beat when using the Prudentae song. Just keep it active the whole fight and let Aya and whoever else you have in the group deal the damage to him. You don't have to worry about the spheres that he spawns nor his magic attacks while it's active, you just have to make sure you get out of the way while he executes his noble play melee attack. This is also an excellent time to use mana items as the Prudentae song will suck up your MP.

One other thing to note, make sure not to trap Gabriel in the field of Prudentae if you plan on using casters, as I believe this will negate their offensive attacks. I'll have to do a bit more testing on that, as i'm not positive it's actually negating friendly fire, however this also seems to provoke his Noble Play attack as well.

I'm gonna try it, while placing some Grin Valesti when i can. I make some prayers before, I'm so scared to lose and so lazy to go back.

edit: Yeah, I beat him, the prudentiae song works like a charm.

Edited by Grahf