The official Mercenaries 2 glitch thread

olge

Since this game is glitched as F*CK, I thought it would be a good idea to list the most common ones here. I guess it would save a lot of trouble and people wouldn't have to post new threads about every possible glitch and how to fix it(if possible).

I'll start. About 12 achievements unlocked for me after completing the mission where you defend the PMC. This really sucks because I was looking forward to hunting the achievements in this game.

Feel free to report any glitches so we can keep 'em all under one roof, saving some trouble!

-Mood glitch: achievments for max mood won't unlock.

How to fix: clear your 360's memory cache..

Go to the system blade and then select memory. Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices? And click yes or whatever it is to accept the clearing of your cache.

now start your game but DO NOT accept the update for your game and load your game and the achievement should unlock right away if your mood is maxed for whatever area is glitched for you...if its not maxed then just max out the mood and the achievement should unlock

...or disconnect from Live

As someone esle stated to simply unplug your 360 ethernet cable, and follow these steps.

1. unplug ethernet cable on your xbox 360

2. sign in with your gamer profile as usual

3. as your game starts loading the achivement(s) will simply unlock

Disconnecting from Live worked for me, so you might want to try that out first

-Oil And Gasoline: some people just are not getting this. It's the achievment you get for recruiting Eva.

How to fix: Dunno, if someone figures it out, please post here.

-Tattooed Millionaire and Billion Dollar Babies: Another troublemaker.

-How to fix: I believe you have to be connected to Xbox Live for this ach. to unlock. Also try making a new save game.

I ran into problems with the Billion Dollar Babies achievement last night. I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but if anyone else is having problems with this. Solution: I was able to gain this achievement by simply making a new game save. I did not have to load the game save either.

-...And Justice For All: This one is rather frustrating, seeing that it's no walk in the park taking down all the HVT's. I'm almost positive that killing the HVT's is enough. Verify isn't the same thing as capturing. There's also an ach. for taking 'em all alive, so why would it work like that? Then again, you never know with a game this glitched.

-How to fix: Try verifying the last HTV while disconnected from Xbox Live.

I ended up playing the last stage offline to get it (the savegame where I capture all HVTs so technically both achievements should have unlocked if all HVTs are captured). Props to Matt Jo.

-Character glitch: This one is rather odd.

-How to fix: I have no idea.

Kk when my game first started up I picked Chris as my character and I played for like 30 mins then come back on to find me playing as Mathias and now I dunno how to play as Chris again. Any help would be swell guys

-Holy Smoke: This is the grenade achievement. Some people just are not unlocking this.

-How to fix: Not a clue, will update if it gets figured out. Although some dudes got this from a grenade that wasn't even theirs... odd.

I got the Holy Smoke ach last night and here is how. I was workin on getting an outpost and there was 2 guys on a roof. I hear one of them yell Grenade so I look up at them just in time to see both of them blow up. And then it unlocked. I was playing offline and had C4 equipped so it wasn't one of my grenades. What I was doing before that was using grenades to blow up the patio furniture by the PMV since they seem to be rather useless in the heat of battle.

-Be Quick Or Be Dead: You should get this after killing 50 vehicle drivers with the sniper rifle... you should.

-How to fix: Sorry, but no dice. Will update if fix is found.

-Damage Inc.: You're supposed to get this after 20 co-op airstrikes

-How to fix: Don't ask me :/

-"God mode":

well gonna try to make this short but not sure if it happends in single player but in co op when you have low health it some times does not regen for a long time and you are invisible and cannot die..you can pick up health to make it 100 but it still will blink red and you will still be invisibl

I'll edit new ones to the OP.

Edited by olge

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into problems with the Billion Dollar Babies achievement last night. I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but if anyone else is having problems with this. Solution: I was able to gain this achievement by simply making a new game save. I did not have to load the game save either.

Prior to doing the above that got me the achievement, I tried the usual reloading, even got rid of some cash and gained it back with no luck.

I still have yet to unlock ...And Justice For All achievement which I know many people have posted about this. Among saying you "need" to capture each one, not kill. I know people have the achievement, I know people got the achievement by capturing them. But honestly, I'm not going to go back at the moment and capture each one of them with autosave off and reload if the guy dies by some random act.

But personally, I honestly don't think it was made for the person to "capture" each one/not kill them. If you take a look, it just says "verify" them. You verify them by either capturing or taking a photo (that clearly says, verify) when they die. Also by looking at all their other achievement, I highly doubt they intended this achievement to have to capture all 55 HVT's without them dieing, too. Because for how this game is, I don't know how many times I came to an HVT that was killed by their own men by accident because of random stuff.

Havent had any achievement glitches but after i beat the game with chris i started a new game over with jen and i went and blew up the oil rigs and now they wont respawn so i am playing through the story until the meeting with blanco and hopefully the will come back.

I beat the game and all HVT's, Targets, Missions, $1 Billion, and most SP achievements as Jennifer Mui.

I then started playing coop with my friend on his campaign with my Jennifer Mui character save. After 3 days of coop play with him, my character has become Mattias.

That's right, my character is just Mattias now. Whether I load up single player, or join his game with my latest save, I am Mattias. Everything else is the same, I have the same items, $1 Billion, game finished, everything.

It's not a big deal, but from a technical standpoint, it's really a marvel. When glitches happen, I can usually tell you why. There's always a reason. But this one evades me. I've never seen anything like it. The chances of your character just changing, without corrupting the save... It's just completely amazing.

Solution: No bloody idea.

So I played the game, beat it. Didn't get the Hero and the Madman achievement... Didn't get all the shop items so I thought that might effect it. Went back got all the shop items. Finished the game, no achievement for Hero and the Madman.

Why is this not working for me? This is the third time I have finished the game and no achievement?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2 confirmed glitches for me so far:

Be Quick or Be Dead (50 vehicle driver sniper kills)-the biggest pain in the a$$ to begin with. ive tried starting a new save file, killed at least 300 vz and hostile enemies. i think im screwed until an update/patch is released.

Damage, Inc. (20 airstrikes in co-op)- just found out this is glitched recently. got the other two online achievements tonight and couldnt get this one even after dropping 30+ airstrikes. they were airstrikes (with the jet) and not artillery or anything.

i have tried booting up my save file while disconnected from live for both of them and no luck. lets just foward this entire thread to EA and tell them to fix this broken-a$$ game.

Damage, Inc. (20 airstrikes in co-op)- just found out this is glitched recently. got the other two online achievements tonight and couldnt get this one even after dropping 30+ airstrikes. they were airstrikes (with the jet) and not artillery or anything.

This one unlocked for me after close to 200 airstrikes. Probably about 190.

Ok so one achievement "The hero and the madman" unlocked like it should once I beat the game. HOWEVER, for some reason it also unlocked the following: "Be quick or be Dead" (which I didn't snipe enough for), "Tattooed Millionare" (which should have had a lot time ago), "Billion Dollar Babies" (which I only have $125 mill), "Partners in crime" (never played co-op) and "Damage Inc". I was hoping to unlock all of these by myself, not by the game glitching. What the heck!?

Ok so one achievement "The hero and the madman" unlocked like it should once I beat the game. HOWEVER, for some reason it also unlocked the following: "Be quick or be Dead" (which I didn't snipe enough for), "Tattooed Millionare" (which should have had a lot time ago), "Billion Dollar Babies" (which I only have $125 mill), "Partners in crime" (never played co-op) and "Damage Inc". I was hoping to unlock all of these by myself, not by the game glitching. What the heck!?

I had a similiar bug. Really sucks.

For some reason after i got past 10 Million The game gave me this achievement, and it has started to keep a record of how much i make. Every time i make money it tells me an shows it on screen. So maybe you need to get to 10 mill to get this. What an buggy:mad: game........

So I finished the game in one playthrough and get "Aces High", " The Hero and the Madman" & "Digital Man", but no " ...And Justice For All". So I'm thinking I need to kill a HVT, so I reload a save and smoke a HVT then replay the last stage. No achievement.

I ended up playing the last stage offline to get it (the savegame where I capture all HVTs so technically both achievements should have unlocked if all HVTs are captured). Props to Matt Jo.

I guess you got to go through the motions to unlock certain achievements offline. The mood achievements unlock right away when you load up the game cause maybe the mood is already maxed.

Edited by Wii187