iamchris4life in advertisements now

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is why I hate him... getting all kinds of publicity for playing a game...

So how exactly does it offend you that he gets attention for excelling at a hobby? Because you play games and no one cares about what you do?

Good for him if he gets attention for doing something that he enjoys. People only get publicity for stuff that other people care about, so apparently his successes are important to some people.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

He's getting publicity for playing a video game. So he can play a plastic guitar-shaped controller and FC TTFAF. Big ****ing deal. There are more important things out there like... oh hell I dunno... starving third world countries or our (U.S.) economy. No, what's important to us is Guitar Hero.

And what kind of defense is "because you play a game and no one cares what you do"? I don't play video games for sport. I play the way they were intended to be played. For fun. I don't want people to know me for playing a game. I want to be known for doing something to change the world. And if people are more impressed at this kid playing Guitar Hero then they are concerned that the U.S.'s era as a superpower is almost over, then people have messed up priorities.

EDIT: Corrected mistake I saw in the quote below.

Edited by Deleted2014-12-02

He's getting publicity for playing a video game. So he can play a plastic guitar-shaped controller and FC TTFAF. Big ****ing deal. There are more important things out there like... oh hell I dunno... starving third world countries or our (U.S.) economy. No, what's important to us is Guitar Hero.

And what kind of defense is "because you play a game and no one cares what you do"? I don't play video games for sport. I play the way they were intended to be played. For fun. I don't want people to know me for playign a game. I want to be known for doing something to change the world. And if people are more impressed at this kid playing Guitar Hero then they are concerned that the U.S.'s era as a superpower is almost over, then people have messed up priorities.

I agree i think playing a video game is pretty lame to become famous for. IT'S A GAME! fine he 100% a really hard song on a game. So im not being funny anyone could they just have to play it constantly. But by doing that you lose the point of games, they are there for an entertainment value not for a way into stardom. Virtual rock stardom maybe but this no.

But it's not exactly a big ad anyway, probally for a gbl he is in and well since he's done that they voted him best player :p

And what kind of defense is "because you play a game and no one cares what you do"? I don't play video games for sport. I play the way they were intended to be played. For fun. I don't want people to know me for playign a game. I want to be known for doing something to change the world. And if people are more impressed at this kid playing Guitar Hero then they are concerned that the U.S.'s era as a superpower is almost over, then people have messed up priorities.

Your saying all this whilst showing off the fact you have the Big O Pile of Wins achievement..... My money is you'll take the offer to publicise your achievements on the game and skills if given the chance so don't give all that bullshit man.

Congrats to the dude I say, it is the lazy man sport but it's better than lieing down watching TV all day. GH does make you sweat though! lol.

Edited by JJBDude
Made quote bold slightly

It's pretty obvious you are so incredibly jealous of this guy, big freakin' deal he is doing advertising on a Guitar hero website for a what I assume is a company that is associated with the gaming industry, it isn't like he is doing mainstream advertising.

So if someone told you that you could spend the rest of your days playing games for a good living you wouldn't jump at the chance?

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

Well damn. Sorry for wanting to show off my achievements on a... well look at that... and achievement website. This guy is showing off his Guitar Hero skills to the world. Those two things are on pretty different scales. And how dare you accuse me of being jealous at this person. Do you honestly think that, given my arguments, that I would aspire to be a kid who play furious amounts of Guitar Hero, just so I can have 15 minutes of fame?

Yeah, right. I can't wait for him to fall off of his high pedestal and slam his face on the concrete walkway that is reality. The only people that care about his achievements are those who play the game enough to truly care about wanting to be "first" at doing something with the game. Ask anyone who truly means something to the world if they care, and they'll say they won't give two shits about it. It's a simple marketing technique to find out what the community worships and care about and then slap a logo on it and try to push their product. That is a disgusting way to advertise because it creates people like you who think they know everything about the people who still have a grip on reality and resist these marketing techniques. So don't give me your bullshit about thinking you know what kind of person I am. You truly have no idea who I am and what I stand for, because we are all just little peasants in this alternate-reality of video games.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02
So if someone told you that you could spend the rest of your days playing games for a good living you wouldn't jump at the chance?

Umm, no. I don't really want to die at a young age because all I do is play video games for a living. And besides, people who play video games for a living don't make a hell of at lot. (Unsupported opinion, though. If you can find something that proves me wrong, then I'll accept it.) I'll make the games for a living, or I'll play it to fix bugs and errors in the betas, but I would never just straight play video games for a living. I'm fat enough as it is, and I really need to get back into shape.

Umm, no. I don't really want to die at a young age because all I do is play video games for a living. And besides, people who play video games for a living don't make a hell of at lot. (Unsupported opinion, though. If you can find something that proves me wrong, then I'll accept it.) I'll make the games for a living, or I'll play it to fix bugs and errors in the betas, but I would never just straight play video games for a living. I'm fat enough as it is, and I really need to get back into shape.

I meant as a profession, unless you simply work 24-7 and then cannot exercise or do anything else.

Well here is one guy who does and makes a decent amount.

JOHNATHAN WENDEL is now earning a six figure salary for playing computer games professionally.

According to happynews.com the 24-year-old, known by his nickname 'Fatal1ty', is earning bucket loads of cash playing computer games.

Not surprisingly he thinks that it is fun to play games for a living and getting up on Monday morning is very easy for him.

Wendel earns that much cash playing a circuit of games conventions. For example if he won the Cyberathlete Professional League World Tour Grand Finals that began yesterday he would get $150,000.

He made only $110,000 in 2000, his first pro year, and has been consistently earning a respectable salary built on play he considers work. This year, Wendel expects to make about $200,000 between winnings and flogging his own brand of products.

However, he only pays himself $15,000 a year and invests all his cash. He says that he does not have time to spend the cash because he is too dedicated and determined to be the best he doesnt have time indulge.

From HERE

what website do you go to, to get those rock band and guitar hero badges for the songs of the week?

you're on it right now...we used to have sotw comps in this forum, but participation was lagging and it was put to a stop a few months ago...i thought we were gonna continue it with the release of gh:a, but i guess most people just rented it. it will probably start up again for gh:wt.

on topic: while i do feel like chris is very cocky...i dont have a problem with him taking advantage of sponsors like the ant commandos...you can't tell me that if any of us were in his shoes, we wouldn't do the same...and besides, maybe he'll end up designing a sweet guitar or two (but ill be just fine with the new gh:wt one!).

I don't mean to stir the pot guys, but Itsabrown has a very decisive point. The only people who care about this are the people who play Guitar Hero. If you went up to George Bush or Barack Obama and asked if they care, they wouldn't even know what you are talking about. I think it's pretty stupid putting him in advertisements because he's good at the game. Good being a massive understatement. But if this is what is going to earn him money, then good for him. I wish him all the best.

I think people should give him a little more respect for what he did with the song. That was an amazing feat of mental focus. Hitting that many notes spaced like they are,...and over that amount of time...6-7 minutes...FLAWLESSLY...is amazing. Unfortunately people have already gotten used to it,...it's like it's old news now. Has anyone else even gotten CLOSE? People are great at different things. Who's to say what he did hasn't impacted the world? He has certainly impacted the GH world. Did any of you REALLY think that song could be FC'd...seriously,...be honest? He did it and it changed the mindset,...the ideas of what we all thought possible. He probably has changed his own world financially...opened doors for himself and his family that weren't available until he did what he did. I think to belittle his accomplishment because it's not on par with discovering the cure for cancer is not fair. How old is he? Is he too old for college now? His story hasn't been written...it's only just begun I'm sure because he will be sought after. Congrats Chris...I'm glad to see you succeed and I wish you nothing but the best. People that think he doesn't derserve any attention or "fame"...well,..maybe he'll go rob and bank or shoot up a school and you'll allow his fame on CNN then.

Yea some people here need to chill out and realize that this is a great opportunity for someone to change their lives a little bit. Being amazing at GH doesn't take priority over world issues, but it should still be rewarded in some way. Personally, I think the ad is a little lame, but thats only because in a way I'm super jealous.

I'm happy for this guy, he seems to be a good role model for younger kids. Despite what ill advised people say, he does actually have a life.

Anyway who would complain about this when crappy footballers, baseballers, american footballers etc get paid absurd amounts for playing with a ball. Now that is what people should be complaining about.

Where's all the money for the real heroes? (doctors, firefighters, care people etc)

And this is why I hate him... getting all kinds of publicity for playing a game...

There are people getting publicity for playing cards, putting a ball in a hoop, swimming, riding a bike, losing weight, this is nothing new.

Congrats to him...ride it for all its worth.

And since there are bigger problems out there like starving 3rd world countries and the US ecomony...don't you feel a little guilty wasting time playing video games if its such a big concern to you?