Some questions about hard/super hard

Ayepeck

I beat the game on a quick easy run through, and later I want to get the achievements for hard/super hard, so that leads me to a few questions:

- Do weapons and upgrades carry over like database logs do? (to different difficulties)

- If I beat all the hacking games on super hard will I get the achievement? Or do I have to play on hard AND super hard now?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the hacking achievement says Hard, not Super Hard, so the question is whether there's an implied "on at least Hard." This is a question I'm waiting on an answer to, too. At this point, I haven't heard from anybody who's beat the game on Super Hard.

to be honest man i dont think you ever will, unless you can read japanese or something :p

to be honest man i dont think you ever will, unless you can read japanese or something :p

Oh, it'll happen. If I have the patience to get A's and S's on every stage of Gitaroo Man on Master Play, I'm convinced I have the patience for anything. I'm a sucker for an impossible challenge.

Weapons and upgrades do NOT carry over. This is why Super Hard is so absurdly hard, because all you have on the first level is a revolver and all the enemies take 10 shots to kill, and you take two hits to die. Not to mention they fire instantly when they see you, can fire in diagonal directions, frequently use grenades and jump down platforms to get to you.

I can get to the first boss so far, but the boss shoots 15 bullets every time he fires his gun instead of 6, and still fires it 3 times in a row, has a new smash attack where he comes down on top of you, doesn't allow you time to grab the barrels without you getting hit, and you can only do 1/6 of his heath bar every time you down him (hit him with the barrel) before he flies back up and flips over.

Edited by MachineAres

Oh, it'll happen. If I have the patience to get A's and S's on every stage of Gitaroo Man on Master Play, I'm convinced I have the patience for anything. I'm a sucker for an impossible challenge.
well i wish you the best of luck and i mean that.

as much as i love this game and the original (still got my copy in its tattered old box) the super hard mode is more frustrating than the challenges and there is only so much i can take of that kind of mental torture

Just like in the first game, the bazooka makes bosses SO much easier that it's worth collecting first. Area 5 isn't that tough, and neither is the boss (you can make him suicide!). Once you have the bazooka, head back to Area 1 as normal. Super Hard reminds me of Extreme on Lost Planet, though I still think Lost Planet is the tougher of the two by far!

The Bazooka does help a lot, but it instantly kills you if you accidentally shoot an enemy when they're too close to you and stuff like that, so it can be a blessing if you use it right, and does help on some bosses. It doesn't do you much good on the level 2 boss since 3/4 of the fight is dodging his stupid arm/needle things. And bazooka doesn't work on the bomb expert guys, you have to hit them in the back. And also, if you fire the bazooka while standing up then immediately crouch to start deflecting some enemy bullets with the claw, you'll hit the rocket in mid-air with your claw and kill yourself :) I'm already an expert at that.

I've beaten level 1 and 5, but the rest of these levels are just plain pissing me off. And I still don't understand how to kill the boss of level 4, on the easier modes I just shot him and some of the shots randomly hit, but now the enemies are all firing from below me and there's really no way to escape a rain of gunfire no matter where you are in the stage, and none of my shots seem to be connecting to him.

I know what you mean...that Area 4 boss seems impossible right now. I beat him the first time with a single grenade, and I noticed you can lob grenades while swinging, so I'm thinking you could do that and be quick enough to evade any gunfire. For now though I'm skipping him...the Plasma Rifle is not reward enough to get through Area 4.

Man, I'm not sure I could beat the boss of Area 2 without the bazooka. You can half his life each time you get to shoot him with it!

Has anyone beat level 6 boss? Its the same as level 1 boss except it has rockets now, and I don't see how you can get enough time to grab the barrel and walk all the way back over to hit him in time, he shoots them too frequently. There's some kind of trick I'm missing, I guess.

I managed to hit him one time with a grenade and one other time with a rocket without even using the barrel, but then after about 50 or more attempts afterwards, I never got one more hit. I don't know if it only lets you get one hit without barrels before it stops giving them, if this was a glitch, or there's just some part of this tactic I'm not aware of.

Edited by MachineAres

That's the boss I'm on now too. I think you just have to be ready to pick up a barrel the moment you're safe from the missiles.

Hang below the highest platform and wait for the missiles to just about hit the wall to your right, then quickly drop (or climb up depending on which part of the boss is exposed), grab a barrel, and rush him. I've got him down to just a sliver of life doing this...so close...

Edited by mikehasabat

Got him. It's also worth noting that when you go low, you have to walk all the way under him to connect with a barrel. On the other hand, when you go high you can hold up and throw the barrel, and the stupid boss will move to the left and meet it. It's much harder though to get down there and damage him when you have to hit him high.

Well, I thought I had Super Hard beat. I skipped areas 4, 8, and 10. But after finishing 11, I don't have access to 12. So now I'm having to go back to them. I'm starting with 10. Anyone got pointers on how to beat these bosses? Area 4 is 1st Platoon, Area 8 is 2nd Platoon, and Area 10 is Power Pod v2.

What do you actually need to gain access to level 12, though? I don't remember from playing the other difficulties, and I don't know how the two platoon bosses are even possible on super hard, so I was thinking maybe those two levels are just optional and you really only need all the other levels completed to gain access to 12. That's just wishful thinking, though. I'm still working out the details of getting past the 2nd tank tread boss, like the guy above me said, I need to find out the sure way to avoid his 2nd, 3rd and 4th rushes without getting hit. I'm thinking two perfectly timed diagonal claws with swinging would do the trick, but haven't got to try that out just yet.

EDIT: Yep, that did it. He was easy as hell.

Edited by MachineAres

OK, I've answered my own question on the Platoon bosses. It turns out you can swing over the general guys or whatever and kick them to death with the iron boots. That just leaves taking care of everyone else once he's out of the picture. Now for that friggin power pod v2 boss...

OK, I've answered my own question on the Platoon bosses. It turns out you can swing over the general guys or whatever and kick them to death with the iron boots. That just leaves taking care of everyone else once he's out of the picture. Now for that friggin power pod v2 boss...

I actually just figured that out myself. Does that work well on the 2nd version as well? I haven't tried it on the 2nd one yet.

Yep, that's actually the one I figured it out on. I still haven't finished area 4 and hopefully won't need to.

I don't know how you got it to work on the 2nd version, I can't even hit him more than once without his guys killing me, but on the first one i could fully kill him and easily get away without dying. Is there any certain tactic you used?

I didn't finish the power pod version 2 yet (the stage before it is such a pain in the ass..) but I did really well on it by just hanging right under it as we're dropping and constantly shooting to the left and right with the plasma cannon, and not one of the little things ever hit me. And I had a little extra time to get up and back on top of it to finish it off since he doesn't immediately fire his lasers after you get really far down. The vector gun also works well in certain situations, you'll just have to work out which those are.

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I got pretty lucky with the area 8 guy. I got in there with full health, and both the helmet and armor, so I could take quite a beating while I kicked that dude to death. As soon as he died the level ended...I didn't have to kill anyone else.

I hadn't even considered the plasma rifle for the power pod boss....I think I'll have to go back and get that. Non of the other weapons work well for all those friggin floating mines.

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I got pretty lucky with the area 8 guy. I got in there with full health, and both the helmet and armor, so I could take quite a beating while I kicked that dude to death. As soon as he died the level ended...I didn't have to kill anyone else.

I hadn't even considered the plasma rifle for the power pod boss....I think I'll have to go back and get that. Non of the other weapons work well for all those friggin floating mines.

Yeah, it works wonders, especially if you go and get the upgrade for it, the plasma absolutely destroys those little mines. After you have to let go of the pod to get on top, it might work a little better to switch to vector since they're mostly coming from above you down at you, and since that shoots up...yeah. Its still really hard, but I can see it as do-able.

I'm having tons of trouble with 11's boss now, though. It runs through the pattern of which needles its going to shoot out WAY too fast and its not that I can't watch them all fast enough, but they aren't visible enough. They're like a green color against an already green background, so its hard to tell which ones are even lighting up. Please share any more tips if you find them, and I'll continue to do the same.