VERY EASY DISARM achievement

pinmonkae

I also put this in the disarm poll thread but wanted to put it here as well in case anyone misses it! Apologies for the double-post I swear this is not spam... :p

For anyone having trouble with DISARM:

Very easy method I discovered for this! Stick around Barnett college and go to the corridor with the four doors ("buy characters", "buy parcels", "watch videos" and "puzzle room").

The room with the puzzle in it is the one with the thuggee, breakable glass, various chests etc. This is the room you need! All your purchased characters walk in randomly (to allow you to solve the puzzle) and you can break them as you please without them fighting back AT ALL!

If you have purchased the guy with sword and/or the guy with the spear then they will randomly wander in (if not then complete a level and the characters should change). I suppose you could even remove the "luck" element altogether and take one of them in as the 2nd player then switch so they are now a NPC (you can't break player 2). You of course need to be an incarnation of Indy!

Using the whip on the NPC sword/spear guy will disarm them VERY easily, once you have their sword or spear chuck it at them or break them and the SAME character will re-spawn and walk in again. You can then disarm them and break them - repeat as many times as needed until your achievement unlocks. It shouldn't take too long to be honest and best of all they NEVER try to block or fight back! :woop:

I sincerely hope this helps everyone out.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah got 1000/1000 today, worked perfect took about 10 mins or a bit more :)

thx

You're more than welcome!

I'm glad it worked out for you, much easier than doing a level/boss (even with invincibility and other cheats on) as it was always roughly 50/50 whether you'd whip grab their weapon or them!

Well done on the 1000G - I got the final 2 artifacts I was missing yesterday and finished it completely too. :)

I can't wait for Lego Batman now!

STAN - Yes the other achievements will work here and count towards your total (the scream, thuggee and archeology ones) BUT only ONCE after each level. The objects don't regenerate unless you've actually been to a level (and back) to the best of my knowledge...

I still recommend a visit here 'between levels' as you get an extra one every time for free basically. My SCREAM and THUGGEE achievements both unlocked in this room whilst I was visiting between levels!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, for people having problems with it... I figured out why.

You can do it to people who have guns or melee weapons (right now I'm alternating between a Thuggee with a broadsword and a nazi with an uzi).

Instead of standing still, trying to line up your whip, and pressing B, kind of run at them from behind, or from the side. As long as you're moving, it should disarm them, not pull them or kill them.

I don t know why so much trouble.there s a level,motorbike escape i belive,(story mode) and both you and yor partner nedd to push a lever so that opens a small green house,which from there will exit 3 lets say soldiers and his comander.the objective its to steal his hat but you won^t!!!simple,turn invencibility cheat on,keep opening the door,and plus,you have extra armed reinforcement every 20 seconds more or less,so,just star to disarm them all,run in their direction when they have their weapon drawn and press B.then kill those already unarmed. (hope this is not somewhere in the forum :D)

Edited by paxxxeku

• 4 weeks later...