Weapon Achievement Faq

madcap1

I know this has been bought up before but im getting allot of people asking me about this so I hope this makes it easier for people, also to make it easier on my mailbox to:)

1. After beating the game you have two choices one choice is to continue with your all cleared save, this will keep everything as before all of your weapons will be at level 3 or 4 with the TDS and BOTF. **Choosing this will not allow you to U/L score to the leaderboards** If you choose to start a new game you will still have all weapons but reduced to level 1. Both ways you can get the achievemts **you will be able to U/L your score to the leaderboard**You can only do this only the difficulty you beat it on***

2. This is the most important thing the game will swap your weapon on you tree times here is where, After beating Volf it will switch to Scythe, When you get The true dragon sword and last is when you beat Genshin again it will switch to the Blade Of The Archfiend ***Make sure you switch back after these times to the weapon you are working on****

3. The Blade of the archfiend Does count as Dual Katana.

3b.The True Dragon Sword Counts forthe DS achievement.

4. When doing the Flail run You can switch the weapon to hit the pressure switch In chapter 10 just remember to switch back to your weapon.

5. You can Use your Sub weapons and Ninpo this will not effect the weapon achiievemt.

6. Good Luck:)

**This Part Is For the No Melee Weapon run****

1.Genshin= used IS when he was attacking (thanks to ManxomeFoe for that tip)

2.Wormbot=Arrows charged shots to the head

3.Alexei=Can be beat using sub thanks to ManxomeFoe for his tip You can defeat Alexei with ninpo. I hit him 2 times with the fire ninpo so assuming you have enough ninpo restoring items you should be able to beat him with "projectiles" (ninpo).**when he is spinning to start his attack that blocks ninpo, you can throw an IS at him, it should blow up and hurt him. And wow, he is really a douche with the blocking ninpo thing

4.Water Dragon=Gatling Spear gun (takes a long time)**also try For the water dragon it might be easier to just shoot UT arrows at him and use art of the void. However, if you do this make sure you get more arrows at the start of the next chapter.(<--for the upcoming miniboss) (thanks to Manxomefoe)

5.Bone guy=The miniboss you can shoot with charged arrows and ninpo. Also, IS hurt him, but I couldn't consistently get them to hit the bone monster where they would actually do dmg. (thanks to ManxomeFoe)

6.Volf=Art of the Void does good damage to him and all it took were a couple of these and he died (thanks to ManxomeFoe)

7.Genshin= beat him using with the IS (see above for how to) also later fights with him you can use Void ninpo but he has to be real close to you with less chance for him to dodge it.

8.Big Fiery Armadillo=cake just use IS to the head

9.Zedonious= is very easy actually (I thought he'd be hard). Art of the piercing void. Be patient as his red shield protects him a lot but you don't need to hit him much to kill him Thanks to DanTheManGum

10.Giant Worm in Green Tunnels=cake just used charged arrows and stayed in the side cave.

11.Double Dragon Fiends=Arrows charged

12.ELizabeth=started with Void again but this just didn't seem to be working. I switched over to my fireball ninpo and it does fairly decent but it didn't seem to be killing her fast enough (not to mention her amazing dodge rate). Here's some tips for taking her down with the ninpo, IS, and bow. Use the fireball and when you begin casting it, try to lead her. If she's flying left you want to be farther left than her (keep her about your elbow). If shes going right try to achieve the same distance. I used it 17 times and she dodged enough to where I didn't kill her =/. But she was pretty low. Keep dodging until she lands and begins walking around. At this time shoot a lvl 2 charged arrow at her. It will do a little damage. Repeat until dead. I only got IS to work on her when they were fully charged and she was near a wall (when she shrugs them off they explode right beside her). This does the same amount as an IS but it's very hard to get this to keep hitting her consistently. Thanks again to DanTheManGum

13.Arch Fiend=charged arrows to head then to blue orb

and the rest are just the same bosses

***Some other advice for some bosses on a no melee weapon tun*****

This is from Adifel so thanks to him for these tips

If anybody has problems with Alexei, I found a very easy way to beat him. I noticed that he WOULD NOT BLOCK NIMPO when he's hovering in the air outside the "platform". Anyway, to have him there you need to let him grab (and punch you in the face), when he releases you, he'll fly out there, cast your nimpo right away and he will just stay and take it. Both Fire and Void connects very easily. I've beat him in about 2 minutes with 8 Void nimpos and 1 Grain.

Same "suicide" strategy for Zedonius (first). Get point blank to him and when he raises his right hand to hit you, cast your Void nimpo (he might hit you still). He will not block it. I've beat him in about 2 minutes (after 30 minutes and 10 deaths watching his patterns) using just 1 Talisman (I needed 10 Nimpos but I only had 6+3).

Edited by madcap1

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone has seen or posted this method so I figured I would put it here. This comes from Crazen16 over at gamefaqs.com:

This may sound hard but it really isn't just on a second play through on easy with plenty of essence left over beat the entire game to chapter 13 only using ninpo and projectiles than have a save to start from at chapter 13 before the egg things {u can only break them with a weapons} than beat it from their with all the weapons.

Basically, use only ninpo's and projectiles until you get to the save point in Chapter 13 right after you fight the centaur enemies. Create a seperate MANUAL save file for this. Then chose your weapon of choice and finish the game. Just make sure that each time you save after the save point in chapter 13 you chose a seperate save file so you don't overwrite your current one. I've have gone through and have gotten a couple of weapon achievements by doing this. Didn't know if this was old news but hope it helps.

If anybody needs any tips on how to beat bosses I will try and help best I can.

Thanks. My mailbox just needed a rest. I just hope this helps people out some:)

Figure I'd do my part to help this guide. I started my projectiles playthrough 2 days ago and made it to chapter 11 last night using only projectiles and ninpo. Zedonius is very easy actually (I thought he'd be hard). Art of the piercing void. Be patient as his red shield protects him a lot but you don't need to hit him much to kill him. Next up (after the usual scum bosses) was Elizabet.

I started with Void again but this just didn't seem to be working. I switched over to my fireball ninpo and it does fairly decent but it didn't seem to be killing her fast enough (not to mention her amazing dodge rate). Here's some tips for taking her down with the ninpo, IS, and bow. Use the fireball and when you begin casting it, try to lead her. If she's flying left you want to be farther left than her (keep her about your elbow). If shes going right try to achieve the same distance. I used it 17 times and she dodged enough to where I didn't kill her =/. But she was pretty low. Keep dodging until she lands and begins walking around. At this time shoot a lvl 2 charged arrow at her. It will do a little damage. Repeat until dead. I only got IS to work on her when they were fully charged and she was near a wall (when she shrugs them off they explode right beside her). This does the same amount as an IS but it's very hard to get this to keep hitting her consistently.

Since all the greater fiends can be defeated using projectiles and ninpo, the only other boss I can think of that hasn't been faced already using projectiles is Dagra Dai and if it's possible to make it to him using only projectiles (which it seems to be) all my weapon masters will be falling soon.

3. The Blade of the archfiend Does count as Dual Katana

How does that work? I mean, here is the achievement:

Dual Katana Master - 5g

Complete the game using only the Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang.

I just don't see how Blade of the Archfiend (& True Dragon Sword) = Dragon's Claw & Tiger's Fang...

How does that work? I mean, here is the achievement:

Dual Katana Master - 5g

Complete the game using only the Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang.

I just don't see how Blade of the Archfiend (& True Dragon Sword) = Dragon's Claw & Tiger's Fang...

I can confirm it works I have the achievement for the blade of the arch fiend(these are the Dual Katana) and the Dragon Sword Achievemnts.

3. The Blade of the archfiend Does count as Dual Katana also true for The True Dragon Sword for the DS achievement. This Is CONFIRMED

Edited by madcap1

1. After beating the game you have two choices one choice is to continue with your all cleared save, this will keep everything as before all of your weapons will be at level 3 or 4 with the TDS and BOTF. **Choosing this will not allow you to U/L score to the leaderboards** If you choose to start a new game you will still have all weapons but reduced to level 1. Both ways you can get the achievemts **you will be able to U/L your score to the leaderboard

i've just completed the game on the easiest setting, however when I go to start a new game, I only still have the Dragon sword and no other level 1 weapons.

Any pointers? Cheers.

i've just completed the game on the easiest setting, however when I go to start a new game, I only still have the Dragon sword and no other level 1 weapons.

Any pointers? Cheers.

If you choose to start a new game then yes all weapons ninpo will all be reduced to level1 even the level 4 true dragon sword. Did you find all the weapons on your playthrough??

Figure I'd do my part to help this guide. I started my projectiles playthrough 2 days ago and made it to chapter 11 last night using only projectiles and ninpo. Zedonius is very easy actually (I thought he'd be hard). Art of the piercing void. Be patient as his red shield protects him a lot but you don't need to hit him much to kill him. Next up (after the usual scum bosses) was Elizabet.
When did you use the Void? I don't seem to be timing it right. Also, does anyone know if you can hurt him with IS? If so, when do you throw them? I'll keep messing around to try to figure it out, but this is getting annoying.

I wish I wasn't so lazy...I could be done with this, but I never seem to do more than one chapter a day...Stupid Euro 2008.

Edit: Nevermind, just get in close and then use the ninpo. He seems to use his shield a whole let less this way.

Edited by ManxomeFoe

When did you use the Void? I don't seem to be timing it right. Also, does anyone know if you can hurt him with IS? If so, when do you throw them? I'll keep messing around to try to figure it out, but this is getting annoying.

I wish I wasn't so lazy...I could be done with this, but I never seem to do more than one chapter a day...Stupid Euro 2008.

Edit: Nevermind, just get in close and then use the ninpo. He seems to use his shield a whole let less this way.

I usually waited for him to start his slam attack. I wasn't very good at dodging it in the first place and it usually always works at this point.

EDIT: Update - I'm on chapter 14 now using only projectiles. Alexei becomes VERY hard. He starts out quite simple where you can void and IS him but when he gets to about 1/5th of his health he goes all crazy doing quick dashes and combos. He very rarely spins at this point. I got lucky and voided at the right time to kill him after a spin.

Edited by DanTheManGum
Update

I'm currently fighting Fiend Genshin and I don't think he's able to be beaten using projectiles. Even in combos he seems to block IS (including his spin). I'll try a little more but so far it seems Genshin is going to be the breaking point.

EDIT: I had one connect due to the wall being right beside him but other than that I haven't got one to connect. I tried each ninpo but I cannot get any of them to connect either. For me this is where my projectile run ends but with only 5 bosses on a single level I think that makesfor a pretty good run.

Edited by DanTheManGum

I'm currently fighting Fiend Genshin and I don't think he's able to be beaten using projectiles. Even in combos he seems to block IS (including his spin). I'll try a little more but so far it seems Genshin is going to be the breaking point.

EDIT: I had one connect due to the wall being right beside him but other than that I haven't got one to connect. I tried each ninpo but I cannot get any of them to connect either. For me this is where my projectile run ends but with only 5 bosses on a single level I think that makesfor a pretty good run.

Good stuff! I've just now gotten to the stairs on chapter 10, so if I keep playing I'll probably get there sometime tonight. What did you do on the stairs? I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my ninpo back for the fight against Elizabet. Can you tell me if there's a store or a chest that drops red orbs before the boss fight?

Good stuff! I've just now gotten to the stairs on chapter 10, so if I keep playing I'll probably get there sometime tonight. What did you do on the stairs? I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my ninpo back for the fight against Elizabet. Can you tell me if there's a store or a chest that drops red orbs before the boss fight?

For the stairs I used to maxxed out wind blade ninpos and then jumped on ninja heads and threw my wind shuriken. It hits so many they die really fast. There is a store right before the hallway before Elizabet (its the hallway with the faces in it that descends).

WP down so far:

Scythe (Done before I tried projectiles)

Dragon Sword (Done first playthrough)

Down with projectile playthrough:

Kasuri gama

Dual Katanas

Flail

Lunar Staff

Time for me to go to work where I'll finish these off :).

Edited by DanTheManGum

Yes!!! I finally killed that cheating whore, Elizabet! I'm thinking about just starting my weapon achievements here. Four chapters to go isn't very much, so I think I'll at least do a couple, and then I'll come back and do projectiles some more.

Yes!!! I finally killed that cheating whore, Elizabet! I'm thinking about just starting my weapon achievements here. Four chapters to go isn't very much, so I think I'll at least do a couple, and then I'll come back and do projectiles some more.

LOL grats man good work thats to funny Cheating whore I like it:) But great job thus far:woop:

I really suggest you keep going until at least Alexei. He was a pain for me every time I faced him. GL with your weaponmasters :). I'm working on my flail atm.