my mini guide to SS achievements

Martin Biron

I am in the process of making this so bear with me.

Here is my mini guide to SS achievements and what positions to use

Pointers and tips

1) Before you start simming, go to depth charts and make sure you are a starter. 2nd string will get you very limited game time. and 3rd string your basically a bench warmer(meaning you will NEVER see game time unless by some freak change both the starter and 2nd string get injured)

2) Also, when choosing your position, try to get a position with your father as a hall of fame position, you'll always have a overall rating of 85+

3) if your having trouble with a certain SS achievement ( i was having trouble with FF and interceptions) it would be ALOT easier to sim a game and if your happy with the results then save if your not happy with the results, just reload the save and re-sim that game. keep doing this. I can confirm this method is ALOT easier. I spend 4 damn days sim seasons at once trying to get the interception SS achievements, did the above method and it only took 1 hour and a half to get the season interception achievement.

4) For season SS achievements you can check your SEASON stats by choosing the individual stats (its right under the career stats)

best positions for achievements

rushing

half back

passing

QB

tackles

RE or ROLB, play a game, with off sides turned off, make your way right next to the QB b4 he snaps the ball, you'll get EASY sacks + tackles this way, if anyone would like to see what i am talking about i will gladly make a video, post it youtube and embed it here

receiving

WR

interceptions

CB

sacks

LB, ROLB, LOLB, LE(Left End) RE(Right End)

Edited by Martin Biron

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, thanks

I've been using the RE trying to get the sacks, and after about 5 seasons, he just stops doing well. I'll get the DT a try.

Also, the only one I'm missing other than that is FF in a season. What position do you recommend?

I FINALLY CAN JOIN THE 1000 CLUB ON THIS GAME!! LOL

For the sacks AND forced fumbles, use a RE or ROLB and CONTROL him (play the game) make sure off sides is turned off, i got about 20-30 sacks a game and about 1-2 FF's a game, within about 3-4 games you should get the achievements, if there is any others you need help on let me know, looks like i am the only one willing to share my knowledge and help for these achievements.

Edited by Martin Biron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was just drafted, but I can't find my SS in the depth chart on my team. How am I suppose to put him in as first string on the Houston Texans.

EDIT: I found the answer.

I was going back to the Roster>Depth Chart on the main game, when I needed to stay in the SS Career and go to Team Info>Depth Chart.

Edited by Apple

• 2 weeks later...
I FINALLY CAN JOIN THE 1000 CLUB ON THIS GAME!! LOL

For the sacks AND forced fumbles, use a RE or ROLB and CONTROL him (play the game) make sure off sides is turned off, i got about 20-30 sacks a game and about 1-2 FF's a game, within about 3-4 games you should get the achievements, if there is any others you need help on let me know, looks like i am the only one willing to share my knowledge and help for these achievements.

IM NOT SURE ANYONE PAYS ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD ANYMORE, BUT I NEED TO KNOW....HOW DO YOU TURN OFFSIDES OFF. i HAVE FOUND HOW TO MAKE IT SO THE NON-USER CONTROLLED PLAYERS DONT GO OFFSIDES, BUT I CANT FIND AN OPTION TO JUST TURN IT OFF COMPLETELY. CAN ANYONE HELP. SORRY FOR CAPS LOCK. ITS BROKEN.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having problems getting a HOF CB for a father. I opted to go with a HOF SS and my stats after 2 years are barely 85 overall, and I've got no INT. So thus far Ive had trouble getting the INT achievements. I also need the rushing ones as well but I'm trying to do the defense ones first.

(Edit). Got them yesterday. Took a few seasons... had to get "good enough" and typically it doesnt happen until your 3rd or 4th season. Im in the middle of my HB seasons now and my HB is now up to 88 overall which is good but not really good enough. And after playing another season, my HB regressed to 86 points and worse.

Edited by mig0

• 3 months later...

Heya, guys.

First of all, thanks for the guide. This SuperStar mode is really giving me headaches.

I have one question, though. Is it possible to change your player's position in order to get the other achievements? If so, how?

I'm playing with a QB, but I know that I will need other positions. Will I have to start this bloody mode all over again?

Oh, and btw, I have only unlocked the SS Season - 30 Pass TDs achievement so far, but I'm happy with it nonetheless :drunk

Edit: Never mind, I'm getting the hang of things now. There's still a lot of simming to do though :(

Edited by daglutton
Update

• 3 weeks later...
I am in the process of making this so bear with me.

Here is my mini guide to SS achievements and what positions to use

Pointers and tips

1) Before you start simming, go to depth charts and make sure you are a starter. 2nd string will get you very limited game time. and 3rd string your basically a bench warmer(meaning you will NEVER see game time unless by some freak change both the starter and 2nd string get injured)

2) Also, when choosing your position, try to get a position with your father as a hall of fame position, you'll always have a overall rating of 85+

3) if your having trouble with a certain SS achievement ( i was having trouble with FF and interceptions) it would be ALOT easier to sim a game and if your happy with the results then save if your not happy with the results, just reload the save and re-sim that game. keep doing this. I can confirm this method is ALOT easier. I spend 4 damn days sim seasons at once trying to get the interception SS achievements, did the above method and it only took 1 hour and a half to get the season interception achievement.

4) For season SS achievements you can check your SEASON stats by choosing the individual stats (its right under the career stats)

best positions for achievements

rushing

half back

passing

QB

tackles

RE or ROLB, play a game, with off sides turned off, make your way right next to the QB b4 he snaps the ball, you'll get EASY sacks + tackles this way, if anyone would like to see what i am talking about i will gladly make a video, post it youtube and embed it here

receiving

WR

interceptions

CB

sacks

LB, ROLB, LOLB, LE(Left End) RE(Right End)

pretty please :)