Official Cheat Discussion Board

Khaos

This thread is to be used for all discussions relating to the uses and consequences of the GTA cheats.

While x360a does not encourage cheating, because the phone numbers are something that the developers wrote into the game, we have no problem with it. So discuss to your heart's content.

This thread is meant to provide order to all the random threads. Any cheat related discussion should be taken place in this thread. Any other threads will be locked.

Happy Discussing :)

Edited by Khaos2639

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using cheats does not permanently disable achievements or 100%. Even if you use a cheat and save, the achievement is only blocked during the session you use the cheat in. If you save and load that saved game the achievement is no longer blocked. On same note cheating does not prevent 100% completion. There is a screen shot in another thread as proof or you can look up my GT(same as my name here).

I suppose I'll post my Anti-Cheat Achievement Mini Guide here.

Akron's Mini Guide for the Anti-Cheat Achievements:

I'd like to present you my mini-guide on getting the achievements first and then being able to cheat. Please do them in this order. If not things will mess up and you might not be able to obtain them all.

First things first is the "One Man Army" Achievement. This one is very simple and there are plenty of tutorials already. Make sure you do this before any of the others.

Next is the "Walk Free" Achievement. This is actually a lot easier to do than you might think, and you can use a couple cheats to make things easier. First you're going to want to enter in the "Raise Niko's Wanted Level" cheat(2675550150). Just once, so you can have it stored in the cheats menu on your phone. Then either run from the cops or get arrested to reset your wanted level. Then you're gonna want to spawn the boat(9385550100) so that's in your phone as well. Next spawn a car. A comet(2275550175) or turismo(2275550147) seems to work well. Then you're going to want a game plan. The basic premise for this is to get 4 stars and then drive to the water, spawn a boat, and floor it. You might want to put a waypoint near the water so when you enter the cheat 4 times to get 4 stars, you know where you're headed. This method actually works very well and I did it before I had the second island unlocked. I spawned the boat in the river and accidentally ended up with 6 stars by going too close to Algonquin. I was actually able to get away from six stars. Just keep your foot to the floor and AS SOON as you're out of their search area, stop, and you should be good.

Next is going to be the "Finish Him" Achievement. A lot of people are finding this more tricky than it actually is. Since we've already gotten the two wanted level achievements, we can now enter the cheat to remove Niko's wanted level(2675550100). You can do this when you have no stars. That way it's in his phone. Basically all you really need to do is walk up to pedestrians in fisticuffs and press B when close. Most of them will fight back. You should be able to get two counters in for most people. The way I countered was just by staying locked on and tapping A while moving my left joystick around. Then once I dodged their attack I hit B to counter. You will end up missing on a lot of blocks and therefore your health will go down but you should still be alright. If the cops come just pull out your phone and enter the cheat through the cheat menu to get rid of them. As others have said, it's alright if you die. I got 8 counters before dying and after respawning I yanked a guy out of his car and got my last two counters. Boom. Easy Achievement.

The last of the four is also not too difficult. I'm talking about the "Cleaned the Mean Streets" Achievement. Bring out your cell dial 911 to get a cop car to you. Hijack their ride and drive a safe distance while using your cheat to get them off of your tail. Now you should have a clean cop car at your usage. When stopped press LB to access the computer. The easiest way to rack up the kills is to go into "View Current Crimes" and select "Criminal on Foot." You're probably going to want a gun for this so if you haven't unlocked that option do more missions until you get one. The other available options are "Vehicle Stolen" and "Gang Activity." I avoided gang activity completely, and "Vehicle Stolen" can get sort of hairy as you're chasing a vehicle with multiple enemies shooting at you and if you're not the best at shooting and driving it can become difficult. Some people have had problems with the police computer not letting them search. Basically you're going to have to get a bit further into the story before accessing that ability. I'm not sure when you actually unlock it but I bet it's after you do Brucie's first mission. Anyway, just keep killing criminals until you reach 20. If your cop car gets destroyed repeat the above process of calling 911 and getting a new cruiser. You can check how many you've killed under "Stats" in the Pause menu. Scroll down to "Score" and then use your right stick to scroll your stats all the way to the bottom. You should see the words "Vigilante Levels Done." This is how many criminals you've killed with the police computer. Once you reach 20 your achievement should automatically unlock.

And that's it. Once you've gotten these four achievements you can be the cheater you've always wanted to be! Hope this guide helps. If you have any questions feel free to PM or IM me.

-Akron

I suppose I'll post my Anti-Cheat Achievement Mini Guide here.

Akron's Mini Guide for the Anti-Cheat Achievements:

I'd like to present you my mini-guide on getting the achievements first and then being able to cheat. Please do them in this order. If not things will mess up and you might not be able to obtain them all.

First things first is the "One Man Army" Achievement. This one is very simple and there are plenty of tutorials already. Make sure you do this before any of the others.

Next is the "Walk Free" Achievement. This is actually a lot easier to do than you might think, and you can use a couple cheats to make things easier. First you're going to want to enter in the "Raise Niko's Wanted Level" cheat(2675550150). Just once, so you can have it stored in the cheats menu on your phone. Then either run from the cops or get arrested to reset your wanted level. Then you're gonna want to spawn the boat(9385550100) so that's in your phone as well. Next spawn a car. A comet(2275550175) or turismo(2275550147) seems to work well. Then you're going to want a game plan. The basic premise for this is to get 4 stars and then drive to the water, spawn a boat, and floor it. You might want to put a waypoint near the water so when you enter the cheat 4 times to get 4 stars, you know where you're headed. This method actually works very well and I did it before I had the second island unlocked. I spawned the boat in the river and accidentally ended up with 6 stars by going too close to Algonquin. I was actually able to get away from six stars. Just keep your foot to the floor and AS SOON as you're out of their search area, stop, and you should be good.

Next is going to be the "Finish Him" Achievement. A lot of people are finding this more tricky than it actually is. Since we've already gotten the two wanted level achievements, we can now enter the cheat to remove Niko's wanted level(2675550100). You can do this when you have no stars. That way it's in his phone. Basically all you really need to do is walk up to pedestrians in fisticuffs and press B when close. Most of them will fight back. You should be able to get two counters in for most people. The way I countered was just by staying locked on and tapping A while moving my left joystick around. Then once I dodged their attack I hit B to counter. You will end up missing on a lot of blocks and therefore your health will go down but you should still be alright. If the cops come just pull out your phone and enter the cheat through the cheat menu to get rid of them. As others have said, it's alright if you die. I got 8 counters before dying and after respawning I yanked a guy out of his car and got my last two counters. Boom. Easy Achievement.

The last of the four is also not too difficult. I'm talking about the "Cleaned the Mean Streets" Achievement. Bring out your cell dial 911 to get a cop car to you. Hijack their ride and drive a safe distance while using your cheat to get them off of your tail. Now you should have a clean cop car at your usage. When stopped press LB to access the computer. The easiest way to rack up the kills is to go into "View Current Crimes" and select "Criminal on Foot." You're probably going to want a gun for this so if you haven't unlocked that option do more missions until you get one. The other available options are "Vehicle Stolen" and "Gang Activity." I avoided gang activity completely, and "Vehicle Stolen" can get sort of hairy as you're chasing a vehicle with multiple enemies shooting at you and if you're not the best at shooting and driving it can become difficult. Some people have had problems with the police computer not letting them search. Basically you're going to have to get a bit further into the story before accessing that ability. I'm not sure when you actually unlock it but I bet it's after you do Brucie's first mission. Anyway, just keep killing criminals until you reach 20. If your cop car gets destroyed repeat the above process of calling 911 and getting a new cruiser. You can check how many you've killed under "Stats" in the Pause menu. Scroll down to "Score" and then use your right stick to scroll your stats all the way to the bottom. You should see the words "Vigilante Levels Done." This is how many criminals you've killed with the police computer. Once you reach 20 your achievement should automatically unlock.

And that's it. Once you've gotten these four achievements you can be the cheater you've always wanted to be! Hope this guide helps. If you have any questions feel free to PM or IM me.

-Akron

Mabey i can explain it a little better. Cheats only disable 4 achievements... the ones he listed above. You can use any and every cheat up untill you want to get the achievement. When your ready to get any of the 4 achievements just go to your Safehouse and save your game. Then go to your menu and load the game you just saved. After you load the game the achievements are no longer blocked. So for clarification the achievements are only blocked during the "session" you cheat in. Loading a saved game even if you've cheated prevously is a new session and there for the achievements are no longer blocked. 100% is in no way effected by cheats.

Since this IS a sticky it's easier for me to follow up on the following question. Is there a way to DELETE the cheat? As in, remove it/them from my phone?

I'm beginning to think there's an issue with the Rolled Over achievement considering hours before-hand, I used a cheat on a "difficult for me" mission.

It was the Full health, armor, and ammunition cheat and theSpawn SuperGT cheat. Since then, I have saved the game...loaded it...and still. With numerous barrel rolls, following YouTube video's I haven't been able to nail the achievement. I'd like to try doing it with NO cheats what so ever.

Side question: If I load a game from 2 days ago, will this hurt my progress? In other words, if I load a gamesave from 2 days ago (previous to my knowing about cheats), get the achievement, then load 'todays' game, will this hurt the progress?

The Doc 555 0100 cheat which gives you health, armor and weapons disables the "finish him" achievement too.

Also rolled over and chain reaction are also achievements that I am looking into because no matter how I do it in my cheated file I can never get the achievement. I have followed every vid here and tried every method and even blown up to 16 cars in one chain reaction but that did not work either :(. I think I will just get those two on a new file.

The Doc 555 0100 cheat which gives you health, armor and weapons disables the "finish him" achievement too.

Also rolled over and chain reaction are also achievements that I am looking into because no matter how I do it in my cheated file I can never get the achievement. I have followed every vid here and tried every method and even blown up to 16 cars in one chain reaction but that did not work either :(. I think I will just get those two on a new file.

I got those 2 achievements after enabling cheats, they are just very awkward to pull off.

I hit a plane in mid-air while I got the Rolled Over achievement. To get chain reaction I just went to a random car park in a shitty area (where there are no car alarms) and lined up ten cars so they are touching, shot them up some so they are really damaged, then took a shotgun to the first car and watched them all blow up in seconds.

Don't rely on youtube, those guys got lucky.

I got Chain Reaction in the file I'd done plenty of cheating in. Can't remember if I'd cheated during that session, but I cheat a lot so I probably had.

I suspect problems with achievements seemingly being blocked by cheats that don't say they block them is a combination of the achievements being glitchy or inaccurately described, and cheating resetting progress already made on the achievement (eg health boost in the middle of Finish Him might restart the counter or timer, but cheating in the same session is probably OK).

People seem to say a lot of contradictory things about cheats so it's hard to be certain. After I cheated, didn't save and loaded my game from before ever cheating, I did NOT get Walk Free even though I lost my 4* wanted by driving away. I repeated the same thing after restarting the console (even loading the same save game) and got it. Other people say they didn't need to restart. Not even the achievements the cheats say they block are permanently blocked though.

I just got Finish Him. I'd cheated earlier in the session and hadn't saved or loaded. I didn't use any cheats between when I died and when I got the achievement though (I died DURING the 4 minutes a couple of times too, that doesn't matter).

okay first you say you cant get the 4 above achievements using cheats, yet in the strategy, you use cheats. Please be clear on exactly what you need to do in order to use cheats and still get any and all achievements.

How was my strategy unclear? If you read and follow my directions exactly you will not disable ANY achievements before you get them. You have to do them in that specific order. Please read it in it's entirety before posting next time.

The Rolled Over achievement is glitched. It has nothing to do with cheating or not cheating. Just get a fast car to the airport and hit the yellow mini ramps at full speed and you should get it eventually.

Since this IS a sticky it's easier for me to follow up on the following question. Is there a way to DELETE the cheat? As in, remove it/them from my phone?

I'm beginning to think there's an issue with the Rolled Over achievement considering hours before-hand, I used a cheat on a "difficult for me" mission.

It was the Full health, armor, and ammunition cheat and theSpawn SuperGT cheat. Since then, I have saved the game...loaded it...and still. With numerous barrel rolls, following YouTube video's I haven't been able to nail the achievement. I'd like to try doing it with NO cheats what so ever.

Side question: If I load a game from 2 days ago, will this hurt my progress? In other words, if I load a gamesave from 2 days ago (previous to my knowing about cheats), get the achievement, then load 'todays' game, will this hurt the progress?

Why don't you guys try on a different Gamertag. Make a new XBL silver account, it's free ( If you don't already have one ) It will prove your theorie.

How was my strategy unclear? If you read and follow my directions exactly you will not disable ANY achievements before you get them. You have to do them in that specific order. Please read it in it's entirety before posting next time.

The Rolled Over achievement is glitched. It has nothing to do with cheating or not cheating. Just get a fast car to the airport and hit the yellow mini ramps at full speed and you should get it eventually.

I did read it all. Im not stupid. It wasnt clear.

Step by step methods work best when trying to explain stuff.

:uzi::Bounce::drunk