Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lombard, Illinois
Against A Sentry-
- PYRO - Due to the fact that you're only weapon that is going to be useful against the pyro is your pistol, you're going to want to stay away from these guys. That is of course if you're unable to get behind them and stab them.
- DEMOMAN - The demoman isn't too difficult, but isn't too easy. Again, using common sense, stabbing him in the back is your best bet. His two main weapons shouldn't really cause to much of a problem though. They moves slow enough to be able to pack almost every pistol shot into them.
- The spy is the best against the sentry. All you have to do is disguise yourself, and set up a sapper on the sentry. They're dead. There's no real reason or situation in which you're going to need to run into the view point of a sentry without a disguise.
- This is the toughest, most powerful class there is. He may lumber slowly into battle, but he brings with him a hail of lead that few can escape. The gun takes a couple of seconds to get up to speed, but you can hold the secondary fire button to keep the barrel spun up, and then hit the primary fire button for an instant shower of bullets.
- The heavy's weapons include a chain gun, shotgun, and his bare fists.
- Try and find a dedicated medic to stay behind you at all times. This is the best way to enter battle.
- Make sure to always make use of your secondary fire. Keeping your barrel spinning is very useful.
- Offense isn't always the best way to go when dealing using a heavy. Yes, they're very powerful, but they move extremely slow.
- If you do indeed decide to go on offense, make sure you're not alone, it's always best to again, have someone healing you, or just someone to go in with.
Against Other Classes-
- This is a great class to keep on defense. When you are on defense, remember to make use of your secondary fire button, always keeping that barrel spinning. You will find yourself wasting too much time spinning it up if when in emergency.
Against A Sentry-
- SCOUT - When fighting a scout, your best bet is to use the shotgun if you're close to them. If you're within medium distance, and you've got enough time to warm up the barrel of your chain gun, that's definitely your best bet.
- SNIPER - From a distance, there's really nothing much you can do. They're going to just keep moving and shooting you with their sniper. Your best bet is to get within a medium/close distance and just use your respective weapon. Shotgun up close, chain gun at a medium range if you've got time to warm up the barrel.
- SPY - The spy is a pretty difficult class surprisingly. They only need to go invisible, get behind you and stab you. Make sure to watch your back, because once they start stabbing you, and it's not in the back, it's going to be hard to continuously turn to where they are. Again, your chain gun is your best bet.
- SOLDIER - Using the shotgun will want to be your last resort. Their explosives are not something you want to get close to as they will take you out head on. It's not hard to hit someone as big as the heavy. If you've got the time and ammo to use your chain gun, do it.
- HEAVY - These battles get very annoying. Using your chain gun is your best bet. It's usually about whoever gets their gun going first.
- ENGINEER - There's really no competition. The chain gun is your best bet. Only use the shotgun if you must.
- MEDIC - Using your chain gun is really all you need to do in any case, if you've got the ammo for it. You shouldn't need to use your shotgun if you've still got ammo in your chain gun.
- PYRO - Using the shotgun will want to be your last resort. Their flamethrower is a short range weapon, as is the shotgun. If you've got the time and ammo to use your chain gun, do it.
- DEMOMAN - Again there's really no competition. The chain gun is your best bet. Only use the shotgun if you must. Make sure though that if there is one in site, you try and get rid of them first. The heavy moves slow, and their weapons are just perfect against you if you're not using the heavy correctly against the demoman. If you spot one of these guys, it's always best to go in with at least one other person that isn't a heavy.
- The sentry is most likely going to take you out. If you've already got your barrel charging up and it's within distance to make every bullet hit, you may have a chance, otherwise don't mess with it. You move too slow, and are to powerful overall to risk getting shot.
- The soldier is a great class for long-range combat. He's great on offense for pushing through enemy lines and taking out sentry guns with his rocket launcher. When firing rockets at enemies, aim for their feet to hit them with splash damage.
- The soldier's weapons include a rocket launcher, shotgun, and a shovel.
- Try and predict which way your enemy is going to move when using your rocket launcher. It takes time for it to travel, so you'll want to him the head on.
- When there is a sentry on the floor above you, go under it and shoot up. The damage will travel through most any surfaces that the sentry is planted on.
- Only use the rocket when at a reasonable distance, you don't want to be taking damage from it yourself.
- The soldier isn't too bad on offense. He's definitely better on offense when compared to defense. Reason being, they're good at taking out a sentry, and have both a far range weapon and a close range weapon.
- It's always best to travel with someone. When traveling alone as a soldier, you'll find yourself pretty defenseless when they've got more than one person against you.
Against Other Classes-
- Defense isn't going to be what you're doing when using the soldier. The rockets, again, take time to travel to their destination, and if the enemy is just trying to capture intelligence, they'll most likely escape with it. They're much better at defending in control games, as you can just shoot where the enemy is capturing.
Against A Sentry-
- SCOUT - From a distance, you can use your rocket and it will be useful. If within a good enough range to use the shotgun, use that. You're not going to want to be hurting yourself in the process of taking one of these guys out.
- SNIPER - One of the easiest classes to take out. When they're sniping, just fire the rockets up there. When up close, use your shotgun. It's quite simple really.
- SPY - A very annoying class to fight against. You'll most likely find yourself using the shotgun, as you don't want to hurt yourself in the process of killing the spy, and you'll most likely be within close distance of the spy. Use your shotgun as the main weapon, and if they go invisible, just ditch the place.
- SOLDIER - Again, another annoying class to fight against when you're playing as the same one. Just unload your rockets into them as quickly as possible and let the shotgun be your last resort.
- HEAVY - Using your rocket launcher should be the only thing you use against this class. Unless you run out of ammo with the rocket launcher, stick with the rocket launcher. Remember to stay a good distance away from them, as you can easily take them out, but want to do it with taking the smallest amount of damage possible.
- ENGINEER - Taking them out with your shotgun is going to be easy, as they don't have much to use other than that. If it they're far away, obviously use the rocket, but using your shotgun is no mistake.
- MEDIC - Use your rocket launcher when necessary. Again, using the shotgun is no mistake. When they're healing, use the rocket launcher. This will allow for the person they're healing to take damage as well.
- PYRO - When fighting against the pyro, you'll definitely want to use the rocket launcher as your primary weapon. Reason being, your shotgun is close range as is his flamethrower. The pyro is large enough of a target to be able to hit with your rockets. Again, the shotgun should be your last resort.
- DEMOMAN - Both your explosives, and their explosives are meant to be used far range. Stay moving, but also just try and hit him as many times as possible with the rocket. Your shotgun is pretty useful too. If you're using the shotgun, make use to not move in a straight line, as he will just shoot down mines in front of you.
- The soldier is good at taking out a sentry. Again, if you're under one, just shoot where it is above you, and it will take it out. Even if you come in close contact with one, unload a few rockets on it and you should be fine, though you'll most likely need health.
PYRO General Information-
- The pyro is all about is flamethrower, making him a master of close-quarters combat. Engulfing your enemies in a powerful stream of fire not only causes them serious damage, it also catches them on fire for a short time which continues to chip away at their health - their only escape is to jump into water.
- The pryo's weapons include a flamethrower, shotgun, and a fire axe.
Last edited by Tussell; 05-07-2008 at 11:35 PM.