Is Worst nightmare missable?

happyg01

the challenge is broken at the moment

The challenge isn't broken, I got it last night.

Without wanting to spoil the game for anyone, there is a predator section in Blackgate Prison towards the end of the game with 7 thugs to dispatch, this is by far an easier section of the game to attempt this challenge. I did it on Hard and the thugs in this section didn't even have a signal jammer and the gargoyles weren't booby trapped.

You'll need to perform a takedown from inside a vent, NOT a floor grate.

Explode a weak wall in to a henchman, I found walls with a "fist" symbol that you'd normally pull a henchman through will not count towards this challenge, it must be a wall with an explosion or star like pattern on it.

Hanging ledge takedowns are performed by sitting on a ledge, I find over a door way is best, and performing a takedown as a thug passes below you, this takedown is not the takedown were you pull a thug off a ledge despite it having a more accurately descriptive name.

Corner takedowns are self explanatory really, however for those who don't know, crouch near a corner and you'll be given the option to "snap to cover" by pressing "A", do this then when a thug approaches press "Y".

This worked for me, I hope this helps those who may be struggling.

Without wanting to spoil the game for anyone, there is a predator section in Blackgate Prison towards the end of the game with 7 thugs to dispatch, this is by far an easier section of the game to attempt this challenge. I did it on Hard and the thugs in this section didn't even have a signal jammer and the gargoyles weren't booby trapped.

Explode a weak wall in to a henchman, I found walls with a "fist" symbol that you'd normally pull a henchman through will not count towards this challenge, it must be a wall with an explosion or star like pattern on it.

Hanging ledge takedowns are performed by sitting on a ledge, I find over a door way is best, and performing a takedown as a thug passes below you, this takedown is not the takedown were you pull a thug off a ledge despite it having a more accurately descriptive name.

Corner takedowns are self explanatory really, however for those who don't know, crouch near a corner and you'll be given the option to "snap to cover" by pressing "A", do this then when a thug approaches press "Y".

So they repetively spawn up again and again that's good, would be mean if you beat the story and run out of predator possibilities.

what he is actually asking is where can you find a predator encounter that counts to do the challenges for worst nightmare after completion of the game?

I can see that was the initial question but as you can see by the quote in my first post I am clearly responding to the claim that the challenge is broken.

For what it's worth, predator areas in the post completion open world haven't repopulated with enemies as far as I can tell, looks like new game+ is your best bet now.

This worked a treat for me, cheers buddy!

Did you have the auto detonation set for your explosive gel? I've been trying and thats the only thing I can think of that might be tripping me up and not unlocking for me because I'm doing all the other takedowns for sure.

Yeah, I've unlocked the autodetonation too and I cant even get the guys knocked out, the gel explodes too soon and they're only stunned. :/

quoted from a thread I started:

There is, there are two types of walls in the Arkham verse, those you can do takedowns through and those you can detonate for takedowns.

Glass and thin walls will stun an enemy but not knock them out, these are walls with the fist symbol on them.

Thicker walls have a star-like explosion symbol on them that will stun and knock out a thug if you detonate the wall towards them but you cant perform a "Y" button takedown through this kind of wall.

Yeah, I've unlocked the autodetonation too and I cant even get the guys knocked out, the gel explodes too soon and they're only stunned. :/

You also need to make sure you're spraying the gel on the opposite side they're standing next to. If you spray it on the same side as them, it will still only stun.

I had already unlocked the proxy gel before this challenge and it worked fine.

I'm very annoyed. I was working on Rank 6 of the Worst Nightmare track last night, and got everything except the hanging ledge takedown because there's no place to do it in that room :(

Can anyone confirm that if I wait until the end of the game and do it in Blackgate prison, that the remaining challenges in that track are still doable on the same playthrough.

I'm very annoyed. I was working on Rank 6 of the Worst Nightmare track last night, and got everything except the hanging ledge takedown because there's no place to do it in that room :(

Same here, just couldn't get the Hanging Ledge takedown although I knew exactly what to do... In the next predator room there were no walls to use the explosive gel on :(

So if you don't make a backup and miss the opportunity to do a required takedown in a special room, the achievement actually would be missable, even though with three playthroughs...

Yeah, enemies in predator rooms don't respawn. I'm almost positive.

I would just like to know that if I do Rank 6 at the Blackgate Prison, are the other 9 challenges doable in the same playthrough? Isn't the Prison the very end of the game?

Yes, blackgate is at the very end of the game and it has the last predator room of the story. However, if you have not done dead shot or black mask side missions, they have predator missions. I just finished rank 6 at blackgate and going to have to finish the rest in new game +

Yes, blackgate is at the very end of the game and it has the last predator room of the story. However, if you have not done dead shot or black mask side missions, they have predator missions. I just finished rank 6 at blackgate and going to have to finish the rest in new game +

Damn. I already finished those. Oh, well, I'll just do Rank 6 at Blackgate and the rest on NG+

Thanks for the response :)

It would have been so much nicer if they would have just let us do the dark knight challenges in the challenge rooms, would that really have been so hard?

With so many dark knight challenges, you have to be constantly checking your menu to see what level you are on and always having to keep an eye out and hope for an opportunity to complete a rank. Especially with worst nightmare which is so specific and has a very limited number of opportunities