Tips for Brutal and Completion of this AMAZING game!!!

upindat

This game is a lot of fun. One of the best arcade FPS I have played. I would rate it a 5/10 difficulty and should take 8 to 15 hrs to complete depending on you skills. I would not recommend starting this game on brutal unless you enjoy stress in your life!!! Even on the lowest difficulty you will die pretty quick. The aliens are very aggressive and will seek you out. You goal here is to unlock the last set of perks which include the overcharged pistol perk. With this and the two health perks(50% more health and 50% recharge when near death) equipped it will make your brutal run a bit easier. Make sure aim assist is equipped and spam the shit out of the LT and RT ( old call of duty veteran trick) and you should breeze tru most of the game. I completed the game on the lowest difficulty and about the third chapter on brutal I unlocked all the perks. Everything carries over. There are no collectables cheevos, but there are audio logs and green pyramids(score bonus) that are in each level to help get your score up. The bosses are a bitch but once you figure out there routines, you can get past them. You will die a lot!! The music and look of the game is very good for an arcade game. I would call it a mix of halo and gears. The red alien rifle is a beast and plenty of ammo laying around. But once you unlock the pistol overcharge perk it is the only gun you will need. You have unlimited ammo. Some of the boss fights I was able to kill them in a matter of seconds spamming the LT and RT triggers. If you enjoy FPS and have 15 bucks to spare this is your game!! Don't know if any one is doing a guide, but if you have any questions about a part I will try to answer you post. :woop:

But once you unlock the pistol overcharge perk it is the only gun you will need. You have unlimited ammo. Some of the boss fights I was able to kill them in a matter of seconds spamming the LT and RT triggers.

So far, 2/3 of the way through the game, I've found that the upgraded pistol is the best weapon. I'm now taking down bosses in less than 10 seconds with it on easy difficulty. I feel almost if I am using a cheat for that pistol. I will be playing through again on brutal.

Edited by Wanz1

So far, 2/3 of the way through the game, I've found that the upgraded pistol is the best weapon. I'm now taking down bosses in less than 10 seconds with it on easy difficulty. I feel almost if I am using a cheat for that pistol. I will be playing through again on brutal.

I agree. Some of the bosses you will kill while they are just standing there and your guy is still talking. spamming the triggers you can take out everbody fast. Did you replay some chapters to get enough points to unlock that perk???

Did you replay some chapters to get enough points to unlock that perk???

Yes! I replayed the first two chapters a few times to perk up a little because I was having a real problem with that first boss and to avoid getting frustrated, I replayed the next few a number of times before the next boss. All the way to unlocking "all of the perks." Now its a cake walk. Still having fun.

Yes! I replayed the first two chapters a few times to perk up a little because I was having a real problem with that first boss and to avoid getting frustrated, I replayed the next few a number of times before the next boss. All the way to unlocking "all of the perks." Now its a cake walk. Still having fun.

Cool. There are a few bosses that are a fucking pain and no check points!!! I had more fun playing this than aliens CM.

Sounds good, will pick this one up when ive finished up my current games.

What are the requirements for unlocking those perks?

You should be close to unlocking them if you finished the story on the lowest difficulity. But you could replay a few chapters before starting the brutal run. Just depends on how much time you want to spend. The health perk is the third set you unlock. You get more points for headshots, explosions, and multi kills. Good luck man.

Cheers for the advice. Tried the demo and it definitely plays well; looking forward to it!

On a side note I have noticed all the forums for the latest XBLA games have been dead on arrival. Guess the next gen/GTA/Battlefield buzz has sucked the life out of it

Very true. This was a nice break from gtav. Give it a try

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...