Achievement Guide

playmaker2197

NFL TOUR-Achievement Guide

NFL TOUR has 14 achievements for a total of 1000 points

All of the achievements that are labeled (Exhibition,1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder) are exactly as written. You cannot attain these achievements in quick play or on TOUR MODE. The only exception to this is the mini game achievements of SMASH AND GRAB, and REDZONE RUSH.

From the menu screen select GAME MODES and then EXHIBITION. Make sure that your rule presets are set to STANDARD. Standard games consist of two minute halfs, 10-yard first downs, High Score wins and make it take it off. Regardless of what you set the Half timer for in the options screen STANDARD preset will default back to 2 minutes. But to be safe do not mess with any of the Menu options. Veteran is the default difficulty.

You CAN change your passing preference to either TOUR or Classic and the achievements will unlock. TOUR passing is where you cycle through your players to pass (Tecmo Bowl style) and classic is 1 button passing(Madden Style)

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/ED/4j/0ICLiGJhbC9AFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wLzQAAAAA5+fn-ww+Cw==.jpgBoogie

Win Smash & Dash with over 50% possession (1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

100G

-Chose Smash & Dash game mode. Skill level Veteran, 5 minute time limit, 2 players. The computer will generate a random list of available players at different positions. You want to choose a running back with the most speed. The computer will randomly select their player.

You will automatically start with the ball. The goal here is to maintain possession of the ball for at least 2:31. Run around the ring, wisely using your turbo and reverse diving tackles the computer tries. Also collect the green bonus rings on the ground to boost your score. When the computer has the ball tackle him instantly. Win the game and the achievement will unlock when the game is over.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/qy/Ml/0YCLiGJhbC9MFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn-gojsA==.jpgHomecourt

Win a game of Smash & Dash (1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

50G

-See BOOGIE achievement above

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/ON/vF/0ICLiGJhbC9NFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wLzkAAAAA5+fn-+rbIw==.jpgIcon

Score on every possession in Redzone Rush (1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

100G

-Select REDZONE RUSH from the game mode menu. Skill level Veteran, event type 1vs1, Play to 5 rounds.

Upon team selection you want to put the RAMS (left side) vs CHARGERS (right side) when you advance make sure the player team is the CHARGERS.

The player you want to select is LADAINIAN TOMLINSON, Running Back #21.

By doing these steps you give yourself the best possible offensive matchup vs. the worst possible defensive matchup if the computer selected player is a defender.

When the game starts make sure you score. Wisely use your TURBO and try too initiate contact with the defender if you know that contact IS going to happen. By doing so you have the final reversal move if the defender reverses you initial move. Use whatever means necessary to score. Score all 5 times, get at least 1 stop on the opposing player, Win and the achievement will unlock.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/6d/WB/1YCLiGJhbC9HFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wLzMAAAAA5+fn+q7V8g==.jpgArmy of Two

Win a game of Redzone Rush (1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

50G

-See ICON achievement above

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/zy/RA/1oCLiGJhbC9FFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn+W8k1A==.jpgAirborne

Wall Hurdle to score a TD (Exhibition, 1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

25G

-When you are about to score a touchdown with any player, head toward the nearest wall. When you reach the 1 yard line hold the TURBO trigger as well as the B button to wall run. Do this into the Endzone and the achievement will unlock.

NOTE: You must have available turbo to wall run. Check the star icon under your controlled player. If the star is small you have no turbo.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/+T/Z7/04CLiGJhbC81FQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wL0EAAAAA5+fn-FQ24g==.jpgNeed for Speed

Get a 40+ yd TD, no turbo or wall hurdles (Exhibition, 1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

50G

-In Exhibition mode select the COLTS as your team. Select the computer player team as a team with a 2 out of 5 rating on defense(CHIEFS, SAINTS, BILLS or RAMS.) This achievement can be unlocked with a run play or a pass play.

Midfield is the 40 yard line so any run from that point or behind will do.

With the COLTS select LONG PASS and the play SPLIT THE D. (1st page bottom left corner) wait for the far right wide out to go deep toward the endzone. Throw him the ball. Touchdown. Achievement Unlocked.

Just as the achievement says do not use any turbo or wall run.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/td/T4/1ICLiGJhbC8xFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wL0UAAAAA5+fn+9fUrg==.jpgSlippery

Hit 3 reversals, same player, same play (Exhibition, 1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

50G

-This is preferably done on a run play giving you the best opportunity to come into contact with more defenders. Use the CHARGERS as your selected team in Exhibition mode and the computer team the BILLS.

Select the RUN play FREAKY SNEAKY(2nd page top left corner.)During the run have the computer initiate contact with you. When the "A" button appears hit it to preform a reversal. Three of these in 1 play regardless of weather or not you score results as an achievement. You can also do this on a THROWOFF(a throwoff takes the place of a kickoff) On a throwoff run toward to coverage team, and then run backwards as they get near. They will dive at your feet 1 defender at a time therefore making REVERSALS easier.

The reversal SLOW setting is the default setting so you dont have to worry about not unlocking the achievement with it set to SLOW.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/TD/9a/0YCLiGJhbC82FQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wL0IAAAAA5+fn-nU-Vw==.jpgParadise

Get a TD on a play longer than 30 seconds (Exhibition, 1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

50G

-For this achievement use the PATRIOTS as your team and the Chiefs as the computer controlled team.Get into a first and goal situation while you are on the offensive side of the ball. Select the LONG PASS play SPLIT THE D.

Upon the snap of the ball recognize weather or not the defense is blitzing. (Blitzing:Sending more defenders into the offensive backfield then there are offensive blockers.) If the defense is not blitzing you should have three defenders rushing the quarterback and three linemen to block them. Run around the offensive backfield utilizing your blockers to hold back the rush. Use turbo, reversals, wall runs whatever you need to. Maintain the play for 30 seconds (NOTE: It does not have to be 30 seconds of game clock time, just 30 seconds of real time. I unlocked the achievement with 7 seconds left in a half.) When the 30 seconds is up either run the ball in or throw to an open receiver. Achievement Unlocked.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ji/wY/1YCLiGJhbC8wFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wL0QAAAAA5+fn+jcsPQ==.jpgSkate Through

Shutout a team on All Star or Legend (Exhibition, 1-player, Standard rules)

100G

-Prior to attempting this achievement, go to the SETTINGS menu and set the skill level to ALL STAR.

Exhibition game. STANDARD RULES. Select the computer team as the BILLS and your team as the PATRIOTS. Make sure that the player selected team is on the right hand side.

Your goal during the shutout game is to maximize the amount of time you have possession of the ball and to minimize the computers possession of the ball giving them less of an opportunity to score.

The game clock stops after every play so utilizing plays that can last longer and making use of all four offensive downs is to your benefit. On first down you want to pick a play that will put you in a 2nd down and short yardage spot. I used the RUN play Halfback pitch. After you get into a short yardage situation to get the first down use the technique described in the PARADISE achievement and utilize the clock. Except at the end of the play dont throw the ball downfield either take it for a minimal gain, or throw the ball to the Running Back(Y receiver if you use classic passing). If you take a sack that is O.K. You want to avoid huge losses of 10 or more yards to prevent you from turning over the ball deep in your territory. There are no punts in this game so use all 4 downs wisely. You will want to eventually score on this drive. Either do it with no or little time left on the clock.

When you are on defense you want to minimize the amount of risk you take but still be able to stop the offense from scoring. Using the ZONE defensive play FULL HOUSE (page 1 upper right corner) will do that. With this play you will have more players down the field in great position for an interception as well as run support in case the offense decides to run.

If you get three tackles for a loss or minimal yardage gains by the offense you will earn a Defensive "gamebreaker" This icon will pulsate next to the game clock. If you see this press X and your team for that play will have a better chance of causing a turnover. If you do get a turnover, don't score, run around towards your own endzone using up the clock, and don't get tackled in your own endzone. When your offense takes the field use the the PARADISE technique until the time runs out. The achievement will unlock after the game is complete and the computer has not scored.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/38/e6/0ICLiGJhbC83FQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wL0MAAAAA5+fn-5XHxA==.jpgPlayground

Score 56 points (Exhibition, 1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

50G

This was 1 of the more difficult achievements to attain due to the fact that the each half is only 2 minutes long. The two teams you want to use are the COLTS as the player team and the SAINTS as the computer controlled team. Make sure the COLTS are on the right hand side of the team selection screen.

The goal for this is to Score 4 times in the first half, and 3 times or more in the second. Every second of game clock is valuable for this achievement so use your time wisely. On the Throwoff chose WR RETURN. When you catch the ball Turbo up to the defenders and dive to the ground ending the play as they are about to tackle you. You dont want to wast time being tackled or breaking tackles. Your play selection should be once again SPLIT THE D. Throwing ball down field to Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison (X and B recivers) if they are covered throw it to Lawrence Maroney (Y receiver) and dive for you will be converged on by multiple defenders. When you drop back to pass make your decision quickly( seconds are valuable) recognize who is open and throw. Repeat steps until you score. During the extra point you need to go for two. Use whatever play you deem necessary but make sure you score the two point conversion. If not it will be very very difficult to attain 56 points.

On defense you need to let the computer score. If they can score on the throwoff, let them. This maximizes the time you have with the ball. If they don't score on the throwoff, chose the defensive BLITZ play ALL OUT BLITZ, sending all defenders. You will either stop the run for a loss or he'll pass for a Touchdown. Three big stops and you will have your defensive "gamebreaker"

Score 56 points by scoring 7 touchdowns, get all 7 two point conversions, and win to unlock the achievement when the game is over.

Note: You cannot change the settings to increase the time limit. Once you choose standard settings under exhibition you the default timer will be 2 minutes.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/412/-geEGw==.jpg

Tour Superstar

Complete Tour Mode

150G

-Select TOUR MODE from the title screen and make you way through the NFL TOUR to attain this achievement. Design your player, make him whatever position you choose. Place him on your desired team. It is easier done with the PATRIOTS or COWBOYS. They both have very good defenses and offenses. Guide you team through progressively more difficult games to finish the TOUR.

EDIT: You can do the Tour Superstar on Rookie difficulty

SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ns/-i/04CLiGJhbC9CFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wLzYAAAAA5+fn-M3PLQ==.jpgCoast to Coast

Hurdle off both walls for a TD (Exhibition, 1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

100G

-In exhibition mode select the computer team as the BILLS, and your team as the CHARGERS. Just as the achievement description says hurdle off both walls and score a TD. The easiest way to accomplish this is to place get your team in a first and goal situation. Select either the run play HB pitch or FREAKY SNEAKY. These two plays get LaDainian Tomlinson to the outside of the defense for a quick wall hurdle in the direction you are heading. After completing your first wall hurdle run to the opposite wall using your reversals and offensive moves. Make sure you have some turbo saved for that second wall hurdle. "No turbo, no wall hurdle" Score as you are hurdling the second wall to unlock the achievement.

Another option is to take the PATRIOTS and throw the ball to RANDY MOSS on any deep route hoping that their is on 1 man in coverage. Break that first tackle, and wall hurdle both walls on your way to a touchdown.

NOTE:I'm not sure if your second wall hurdle needs to be into the endzone or not. You might be able to wall hurdle both and then score after the fact. To be safe I scored as I did the second hurdle

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/g8/bD/0YCLiGJhbC9BFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn-uzGmA==.jpgReally?

Same play four times in a row? Cheeser... (Exhibition, 1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

25G

-When on offense select the same exact play 4 times in a row to unlock this achievement. This can be a pass or a run.

From Smokez: This achievement can also be attained by calling the same 4 defensive plays in a row.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/pT/cC/0oCLiGJhbC9DFQQaXFJRFzM1L2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn-S03vg==.jpgEscape

2 reversals with 2 players on one play (Exhibition, 1-player, Standard rules, Veteran or harder)

100G

-This is an achievement that will be easy for some to accomplish and tough for others. The best technique that I found was to pick a team with a mobile quarterback. Either the EAGLES or the TITANS vs the BILLS. You are going to have to break two tackles with your quarterback via reversal, throw the ball down field to an open receiver and then have him break two tackles via reversal. You want to make sure that you pick a pass play that has the maximum of 3 receivers in pass patterns because 1 of them will more than likely be open if the defense is blitzing. Run backwards with the quarterback when the defensive rush is upon you and use reversals on the diving defenders. You want to make sure that you stay away from the walls when around defenders. It is easier for you to get tackled when the ball carrier bounces off the wall. Being on your own side of the midfield strip will also be important. This gives you enough room for both your quarterback and receiver to break tackles. When the ball is in the receivers hands try to stay away from groups of defenders for they will gang tackle you and end the chain. Run back and forth toward the endzone breaking at least two tackles and the achievement will unlock if you've done both steps correctly.

I wish their was an easier technique for this. This achievement is at the mercy of what defensive play the computer calls. If they blitz, you will have two quick reversals by the Quarterback and less defenders to gang tackle you down field making reversals easier.

Note: You do not have to score to unlock this achievement.

These achievements can be unlocked with any team at any time and multiple achievements in a single game. In the guide I outline the best matchup for the user to achieve each of these achievements individually.

Edited by playmaker2197
achievement update 2

Good work playmaker! The only thing you might add (just from my experience) is with the "Paradise" achievement. I used the play that has the running back stay back as an extra blocker... it still took a few trial and error attempts but having him back there does help! Other than that this is a good guide and I appreciate you advice on which teams to use for these achievements. :woop:

Let's hope someone finds that last secret achievement, *fingers crossed.

Can you do rookie for Tour mode? Because you can't get any achievements doing it and it doesn't say in the description.

EDIT : For Smash n Dash I got to pick Perterson and all I did was run around the field. If you stay on the crowd or the shade you can't be touched. Just whenever you see him boosting do it as well and you should be safe. If he tackles at you boost for like 2 seconds and you will get him off your screen. I won 4:04 to :34

EDITx2 : Really? Can also be obtained on defense and I found it easier to get because they have 4 downs and you just pick it the first 4 plays

For the Icon Achievement, I found it easier to go 2 v 2. I picked a good def guy that can tackle and a RB. When you have the ball, you can put the second guy to the left or right of the ball carrier. Let him go up and block a guy and just run around the block to the outside. The second defender usually won't catch you until just before the endzone, and you can usually do a reversal to get across the goal line.

Good Guide.

PlayGround

i Used the Colts and played against the Chiefs. and when i was on offence i would pick long pass, then go deep. if ethier reciever wasn't open i would rush then dive down when a deffender was close. on deffence i took the MLB and blitzed in and mashed Y to get the fumble. i scored 40 pts in the first half like this and won 74 to 20. i then thought i just got lucky and tried it a couple more times and scored over 60 all 4 times this way.

Skate Through

i used the Bears and played against the chiefs. offence was harder but it made deffence easy cause i would just blitz with Urlacher and strip the ball when they got it from the 2nd half throw off.

i cant get the 30 second play. no matter what i try im ethier sacked or throw an incomplete pass. the coast to coast one i have not really tried to much. but i can see it done with LT... hes just a freak in this game. was going to try Devin Hester in at WR but the game wont let me sub him in like that :(

well just thought i would add what i did it might help somebody else out.

@ Bad Mofo - Cool. And yeah I thought about he might get more speed then you, but I believe that when you are choosing your player you both have the choice out of the same guys. And all you have to do is choose the fastest guy there.

@ EvilMal - For paradise pick the Patriots and play the chiefs or rams. They have an awful D-Line and the pats O-Line destroys for some reason. But all you have to do is get to about the 15 and you get 4 plays to try it. Just stand still behind the pocket if no one blitz, which they shouldn't, because of how close you are. And if you want move around alittle bit but make sure you watch the line. And when you are ready to pass the ball move to the far left and stand there, Moss or Lawrence(Marohney sp?) will run to the back corner and they should be open on the run. Just hold turbo and their respected button down and you should get it easy.

I haven't played the game since last night but I couldn't get the stupid Wall hurdle to work. Do I run next to the wall or diagonal? Because I don't use my turbo then when I am the wall I hit it and the star never pops up. I try hiting B with it as well and nothing happens.

ok, nm, this is very easy. i was patriots vs cheifs. break 2 reversals with the qb like you did for slippery then throw it to any open player (there always is someone open after your running around like that) then, since he should be in the open, run near one defender- break the tackle- then run by another- break the tackle- and your golden. i scored a td also, but you dont need to thats just gravy.

I have a strategy for extremely easy Playground achievement.

- Pick the Patriots vs Rams.

- Modify your lineup. Put Watson in for Maroney, and put Moss as your right WR, Stallworth as your left WR.

- When you get the ball, pick the play 'Just Go'.

- Loft the ball to Moss. He's almost uncoverable. If you manage to get tackled, just rinse/repeat.

- Pick all out blitz on defense and let the computer score every time.

- On throwoffs, just dive as soon as you catch the ball. Using 'Just Go', you can get a long touchdown nearly every play.

Hope this helps someone out. I scored 72 points using this strategy, even after I stupidly got sacked for a safety.

Great trip Troy, that worked for me on my 2nd try once I got used to the route timing.

I have another tip that may help those trying for the Playground achievement:

1) If you are leading the game, and score on the last play of the game to put you at 54 or 55 points, you will not get the opportunity for a conversion. A game I played I scored on the final play to bring myself to 54 points, but since I was winning, It called that the end of the game. Make sure you are at 56 points before time expires, or you are losing the game, to get the conversion opportunity.

I have a strategy for extremely easy Playground achievement.

- Pick the Patriots vs Rams.

- Modify your lineup. Put Watson in for Maroney, and put Moss as your right WR, Stallworth as your left WR.

- When you get the ball, pick the play 'Just Go'.

- Loft the ball to Moss. He's almost uncoverable. If you manage to get tackled, just rinse/repeat.

- Pick all out blitz on defense and let the computer score every time.

- On throwoffs, just dive as soon as you catch the ball. Using 'Just Go', you can get a long touchdown nearly every play.

Hope this helps someone out. I scored 72 points using this strategy, even after I stupidly got sacked for a safety.

Thanks got that 1st time 58-48