Nearing the end of yet another console generation; what were some of your favorites?

Hagane

We're nearing the time when the next Microsoft console will be announced/unveiled (and a release date, most likely), Sony's already done their gig with the PS4 Event and the Wii U has been released already- this current generation of consoles will soon be left in the dust.

What were some of your favorite games on these consoles? What will give you nostalgia a decade from now and make you think back to the "good times"? :drunk

A few of mine:

- Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Cannot express how much I loved my DS and Diamond version whilst I was in high school, it was the perfect combination to get me past all of those boring classes and downtime.

- The World Ends With You: Yet another alleviator to my in-class apathy, also a damn fine gem of a game. Loved the innovation with the controls too, and I suppose the character development made up for the disappointing end.

- Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn: Most likely my favorite Wii game ever, loved every bit of it- only expanded what Path of Radiance had done.

- Gears of War 2 (I really liked the first one too, but Gears 2 is my favorite of the franchise): Ah, Gears of War- what marked my transition from Nintendo to Microsoft- loved the second one the most for it's multiplayer which was slower, but smarter than it's predecessor (punishing brainless Gnasher rushers with a new Hammerburst, the vacuum chainsaw, and Frag tags :D) It was also the game in which a very large percentage of my friends switched over too, and were able to play online together as a team for the first time.

- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: The other game my friend and I used to play together online, it was a ton of fun back in it's time. (Everything was OP lol)

- Mass Effect 2/Mass Effect 3: Loved the change of pace Bioware did with the second game, the first seemed pretty boring to me. The third game's multiplayer hit the sweet spot between Horde mode and actual multiplayer, a really nice combination.

- Fallout 3/New Vegas: Loved exploring and just having fun with different character builds. Fooling around with the Mesmetron/Complaiance Regulator was good fun later on too.

- Dark Souls: Loved the PvP and the Coop, very ingenious. Very nice world design too.

I'm sure there are others I missed, but I just can't think of them right now! :p

EDITS:

- Blazblue: Probably the only fighter franchise I've really ever sunk my teeth into, the Revolver mechanic and the character designs were what really got me. (The gamerpic packs are also some of the better ones on the Marketplace!)

- Super Meat Boy: Very nice little puzzle platformer that felt rewarding everytime you completed some bat-shit insane level. Also had variable mechanics depending on what character you chose, which gave it replayability.

Edited by Hagane

For me it was probably Halo 3, Halo 4 (especially the Cortana story, I really liked her), the entire Mass Effect series, my first foray into Oblivion, murdering hundreds of ninjas in Ninja Gaiden 2, the entire Gears of War series, and oddly enough, the first time I played Dead Island.

Oh, that and countless hours on Battlefield 1943, Bad Company 2, and BF3 with close friends. Sniping people on Guadalcanal, leveling entire buildings with C4 (and killing myself in the process), and the epic battles trying to capture point B on Operation Metro conquest...

Oh, that and countless hours on Battlefield 1943, Bad Company 2, and BF3 with close friends. Sniping people on Guadalcanal, leveling entire buildings with C4 (and killing myself in the process), and the epic battles trying to capture point B on Operation Metro conquest...

Ah, I had forgotten about the good times I had on both Bad Companies! :D Good games indeed.

Xbox 360

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - based solely on multiplayer

Bioshock - series

Borderlands

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Dark Souls

Dead Space - series

Deathsmiles

Fallout - series

Far Cry 3

Gears of War (1, 2 & 3)

L.A. Noire

Left 4 Dead - series

Mass Effect - series

NBA 2K - series

Portal - series

Pure

Rainbow Six: Vegas

Red Dead Redemption

Skate - series

Xbox Live Arcade

Braid

Geometry Wars - series

ilomilo

Limbo

Quantum Conundrum

Spelunky

Trials - series

The Walking Dead

Honorable Mentions

I haven't played these yet but if I had to guess they would qualify...

Alan Wake

Resident Evil 4 HD

Shadow Complex

Starseed Pilgrim - PC

Edited by WalterWhite

Absolute favorites

• Halo 3
  • Bad Company 1
  • Bad Company 2
  • Dark Souls
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Mass Effect Franchise
  • Assassin's Creed Franchise

Other memorable ones

• Skyrim
  • Gears of War Franchise
  • Bioshock Franshise (2 was good but 1 and infinite pick up the slack)
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Yu-Gi-Oh 5D Decade Duels

The shit list

• Shellshock 2
  • Eragon
  • Wall-E
  • Megamind

Just to name a few

Both Left 4 Deads

Halo Reach's Multiplayer

Skyrim

Forza 4: Creating Cars!

Beating the crap out of Wesker in Resident Evil 5

Dead Rising was fun for awhile

Saints Row 2

SVR 2007 I used to play all the time with my best friend before he moved:(

Here's my favourites:

• Mass Effect 1 & 2
  • Assassin's Creed 1 & 2
  • Borderlands 1
  • Far Cry 2 & 3
  • Alan Wake (didn't care much for the arcade game)
  • Portal series
  • Halo 3, 4 and Reach
  • L.A. Noire
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • GTA IV
  • Saint's Row series
  • Left 4 Dead series
  • Shadow Complex
  • XCOM
  • Syndicate
  • Hitman series
  • Deus Ex
  • Splinter Cell
  • Pinball FX2
  • Rocksmith
  • Outland

Bioshock and Dead Space may become favourites as well, but I have yet to play them.

Retail:

1. Bioshock: Infinite

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Dead Space 2

4. Mass Effect

5. Batman: Arkham City

6. Bioshock

7. Assassin's Creed II

8. Halo 3: ODST

9. Fallout 3

10. Gears of War

XBLA:

1. Telltale's The Walking Dead

2. Portal: Still Alive

3. The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

4. Limbo

Didn't play a lot of arcade games, but I wanted to mention the above.

My alltime favorite games:

• Mass Effect 2
  • Assassin's Creed 1 & 2
  • Borderlands 1 & 2
  • Dead Space
  • Alan Wake
  • Halo 3 and Halo Wars
  • Gears of War 1 & 2
  • Call of Duty 4: MW
  • Left 4 Dead
  • The Walking Dead
  • Fable 2
  • Bioshock
  • Rock Band 1, 2 & 3
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Batman Series
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Skyrim
  • KoA: Reckoning

So many great games...Halo 3 was the reason I bought my Xbox 360 and Call of Duty 4 was the reason i started playing MP games. Assassins Creed and Dragon Age have to be my all-time favorites.

Portal was the absolute highlight of this generation for me. Will always be one of those playthroughs i remember forever.

My other notable games were:

Borderlands

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Jericho

Mirror's Edge

Skate

The Walking Dead

I also absolutely loved Shadowrun, though i know many people will disagree.

GTA IV, Red dead redemption,La Noir,Gears of war series,Left 4 Dead (1 only), God of war III, Battlefield : Bad Company, BF : Bad company 2 (SP only) Fallout 3, Dead Island, Deadrising series, Bioshock, Little big planet,Infamous, COD : World at war, Assassins Creed Series, Dantes Inferno, Walking Dead, Duke Nukem : Forever,Medal of honor 2010 (SP ONLY).

Thats all i can think of for now. Dont remember anything else for now.

Dont remind me Next Xbox and PS4 are coming soon. I want to get a PS3 again (Mine died March 2011) and enjoy my 360 that ive had for only a lil more then a year. :(

Edited by Deadsea 1993

(I have to add this,one of my favorites for sure)

Forza 2 (Auction House,only.) I own 100s of bought cars for my personal collection,bought many cheap cars for 5,000 then add my own cool custom designs and sold them for as much as 10 million. $ in the bank right now ?

42 million. Estemated E-Business and cars worth ? 1 billion $

Yeah i hate the racing in the game. Forza 3 was way more fun. I love the online cars.

I once paid 8 million dollars for a Braveheart car with Mel Gibson on the front. I'm half Irish,half Scottish German, so I HAD TO OWN it. Me and this guy went back and forth for 3 hours straight,i finanly got it. I bought a Lego car and Iron Man car for my

nephew. I've bought hundreds of cars for myself and collection like a Nightmare before Christmas car,A few Gears of War cars,a Left 4 Dead car,i could go on and on.

Thats why I love this game. I have two E-busineses ''Weed Man Auto Racing'' and ''Pecker''. I re create the ''Ecko'' (Echo,Shoe design with the Rhino and Panda) logo(s) on cars,and Tenessee Vols cars and even The General Lee car. I made big $ on my ''Pecker'' design that had a bird on the hood. :)

Most people ''Copy and paste'' logos on cars but me I am orginal and make my own designs and paint jobs thats why I earned so much $ starting from nothing in the game.

I used to collect naked women cars cause when I raced online a guy once said on the mic ''WTF'' ha ha. It was two asian cartoon chicks ontop of each other. Sold all of those cars for big bucks. :) Yes in the game, online people can make naked women logos and paste on the cars

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Gears of War Series (Gears 3 the most)

Assassin's Creed Series (AC 2 obviously =P)

Borderlands 2

Alan Wake

Mass Effect Series (Mass Effect 2 the most)

The Walking Dead (Telltale)

Far Cry 3

Tomb Raider

Bioshock

Halo 4

So here herea we go!

• Half Life 2 Episode 2 / Orange Box (even thinking back, I'm still in awe of Episode 2's ending, it was just brilliant)
  • Portal 2
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Mass Effect trilogy
  • Bioshock
  • Dishonoured
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Dead Space 1 & 2 (haven't played 3 yet)
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Fallout 3
  • Halo 3
  • Halo Reach
  • Lost Odyssey

And of course.....

Metro B flag..... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggg

Can't think of another game I've gotten so much consistent awesomeness from and have sunk so much of my lardass time into.

Honourable mentions:

• Enslaved
  • Prey (no joke)
  • Gears of War trilogy
  • Halo 3 ODST
  • Bad Company 1 & 2
  • Metro 2033
  • Reliving Half Life 2 yet againagainagain, Halo CE, CoR:Escape From Butcher Bay, Beyond Good & Evil, Quake 2, and COD Classic.

One of my most played games as the generation winds down, was Breath of Fire 3. :p

I seriously got the most hours of playtime out of this game, as it's one of the main titles I played next to Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey and Gears of War. From everything I experienced, this has been a true gem in how it lets you customize your player, make your own items and even build your own village. :eek:

Easily without hesitation, I got the most play time from these.

Mass Effect 1 - Such an amazing, addictive and enormous game.

Splinter Cell Conviction - The co-op for this game is flat awesome.

Lost Odyssey - Probably one of my favorites, over 100 hrs logged.

Gears of War 3 - My go to game for multi-player easily.

Fable 3 - Still playing and enjoying it.

Conkers Live and Reloaded - My go-to game for multi-player very easily when it comes to friends.

Metal Gear Rising - Over 80 hours logged....Never knew I'd like this.

Call of Chuthul Fights The World - More than 70 hours logged, really good RPG on the 360.

Breath of Fire III - I've loved every part of this game spending over 100 hours in it. CAPCOM made a masterpiece.

The Last Remnant - I'm still playing this too in single player. Such an addictive game. And that winds down the generation... :cool:

I had fun with lots of games. But these were great:

1. Mass Effect trilogy, the first episode rocked big time and Saren and Souvereign attacking the Citadel was of epic proportion and completing ME 2 on insane was frustrating to the piont of insanity but very satisfying.

2. COD WAW and Black Ops, put in to many hours in playing MP wich was fun.

3. Bioshock felt new and the first Big Daddy memorable.

4. Gears of War trilogy, with the first game as my favorite, played that MP forever.

Other enjoyable games: Wet, Enslaved, Cod2, Saints Row third, Hitman absolution, LA Noire, Assasins Creed, Prince of Persia, Bayonetta, Mirrors Edge, Tomb Raider Underworld, Halo Reach, Naruto games.

And favorites on other consoles Mariokart 7, Mariokart WII, Heavy Rain, Empire and Rome Total War.

Edited by stimpson j cat