[Guide] Grind all Random Gear/Unlimited Money + Lock Picks

Rajeanero

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj115/Rajeanero/bioshockinfiniteguidebanner_zps2fdb024f.png

Here is a little video i made how to get all random gear from one location. Also you can pick up some lock picks and money as much as you want.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBxvkOjo0Q]Bioshock Infinite - All Random Gear From One Location Guide [Xbox360] - YouTube[/ame]

Overall you can get (per run):

• 1x random gear
  • 3x lock picks
  • ~250$ depends on luck

Update #4

Still working! Date: 05-25-2013

Update #3

The following gear spawns always on fixed locations. You will not get these gears with this method.

Thanks to --:RobboDaFunko:-- for discovering this.

- Spare The Rod: Before the Fink Murder

- Spectral Sidekick: In the Bank just before opening the Tear

- Health For Salts: In the Asylum, the one next to the Boy Of Silence

- Rising Bloodlust: In the room below the Wardens Office in the Asylum

Update #2

You can just run through all the enemies without fighting at all and jump into the elevator.

Thanks to Hoborg for discovering this.

Update #1

The game automatically saves every time you defeat the re-spawning patriot and enter the elevator.

So no worry about your gear/money/lock pick progress ;)

Thanks to Hoborg for discovering this.

Edited by Rajeanero

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best place to do this I found was just after the beach when you pass the vending machine that you're supposed to use to heal yourself where Liz throws you money. Theres a checkpoint right there when you enter the door into the vending machine room, and there is literally 2 gear drops in the same area. No enemies either.

One at the end of the hall in that room straight ahead, and the other through into the arcade.

I actually ended up getting all the Gear from that location as in I've still got other Gear's to get but now when I do this run and get in the weapon shop, I click on the Gear and nothing gets picked up.

I guess I've run that pool of Gear dry now. ;)

I already expected that there is not an infinite amount of gear bags :p

I've worked out that I'm missing 5 gears:

Rising Bloodlust

Spare The Rod

Health For Salts

Spectral Sidekick

Death From Above

So I'm guessing these are locked off until later in the game which is a shame as I was trying for Bloodlust early in my 1999 run. :(

I think that are gears which are only spawns at fixed locations, if i looking at THIS guide :)

I'm curious about this also as just got to this area.

If you find out hoborg please post details of where the autosave kicks in.

I just manned up and took one for the team. The game does indeed autosave just before entering the elevator after defeating the re-spawning patriot.

The screen briefly flashes.

You might want to update the OP with this information. Really awesome trick.

So I got:

Spare The Rod before the Fink Murder

Spectral Sidekick in the Bank just before opening the Tear

Health For Salts in the Asylum, the one next to the Boy Of Silence

Rising Bloodlust in the room below the Wardens Office in the Asylum

Death From Above never showed up and I never saw it in 3 runs through the game. Is it even in the game??

I can confirm that this whole method of grinding the gears at Hall of Heroes Plaza was worth it for me as it saved stress of facing Siren & Handymen in 1999 Mode as I already had 95% of the gears.

Worthwhile method if you've got the time.

Huge update! I just discovered you DONT HAVE TO FIGHT AT ALL. You can just rush past all the enemies including the patriot.

To make it easier, just possess the fire guy and he'll take out all the others. Keep possessing him as you dash towards the exit. When you get to the patriot, either stun or possess him and the game will auto save as you enter the elevator.

Saves a lot of time.

Huge update! I just discovered you DONT HAVE TO FIGHT AT ALL. You can just rush past all the enemies including the patriot.

To make it easier, just possess the fire guy and he'll take out all the others. Keep possessing him as you dash towards the exit. When you get to the patriot, either stun or possess him and the game will auto save as you enter the elevator.

Saves a lot of time.

Nice, thanks for discovering this :)

I was thinking that you can not use the elevator while there are still enemies around ... but if you can, this makes the whole thing really fast.

The fireman would drop a lock pick, but there are still two more in this area, so this is definitely worth it.

Edited by Rajeanero

Nice, thanks for discovering this :)

I was thinking that you can not use the elevator while there are still enemies around ... but if you can, this makes the whole thing really fast.

The fireman would drop a lock pick, but there are still two more in this area, so this is definitely worth it.

After doing this for an hour or so I got plenty of lockpicks as it is :p