1999 Speed Run Guide

Bahroo3

Hello everyone! I was bored and decided to run through 1999 mode while I wait for BL2's level cap increase. I figured some may not want to take the slow and steady approach to this difficulty so I figured I would share this. Now at first glance it may seem like you are just praying to not be hit but this is not true. Enemies follow a very predictable pattern that once you learn a route you can manipulate them in your favor.

here ya go guys, my full 1999 run. There are a few edits throughout the video and I will add annotation later explaining them. Also be sure to like/comment, it took quite a bit of time to do this and if you have any questions I will gladly answer them.

Time Stamps

0:06:23 - Chapter 2

0:12:27 - Chapter 3

0:16:22 - Chapter 4

0:19:48 - Chapter 5

0:23:48 - Chapter 6

0:33:11 - Chapter 7

0:39:13 - Chapter 8

0:44:41 - Chapters 9 -11

0:59:36 - Chapter 12

1:10:28 - Chapters 13-16

1:15:22 - Chapters 17-18

1:22:46 - Chapters 19-21

1:33:12 - Chapter 22

1:37:08 - Chapter 23

1:40:40 - Chapter 24

1:41:59 - Chapters 25-26

1:45:58 - Chapter 27

1:54:13 - Chapter 28

1:58:44 - Chapter 29

2:05:46 - Chapter 30

2:14:17 - Chapter 31

2:24:59 - Chapter 32-35

2:37:57 - Chapters 36-37

2:46:23 - Chapters 38-41

2:12:43 - Comstock Fight 1

2:20:39 - Comstock Fight 2

2:23:09 - Comstock Fight 3

2:52:03 - Final Battle

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a5EA3_v89M]Bioshock Infinite 1999 Mode - Full Speed Run - YouTube[/ame]

Upgrades Used

Charge Aid - 1614 - Bought before reaching downtown area.

Shotgun Damage 1 and 2 - Bought at the start of the "Hand of the Prophet" chapter since I had extra cash.

Gear Used

Brittle Skin - Obtained in Battleship Bay Chapter - You can reload this checkpoint as many times as you want until you get it. There are two but I only picked up one since it was faster.

Burning Halo - Obtained at Entry to Hall of Heros(Peking side) - You can reload this checkpoint until you get it

Overkill - Entry to Hall of Heros(Wounded Knee side) - You can reload this checkpoint(after finishing Peking side) until you get it.

Winter Shield - Return to the Gondola - You can reload this checkpoint(you need to activate the Gondola before the door will open) until you get the gear you need.

Edited by Bahroo3

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone! I was bored and decided to run through 1999 mode while I wait for BL2's level cap increase. I figured some may not want to take the slow and steady approach to this difficulty so I figured I would share this. Now at first glance it may seem like you are just praying to not be hit but this is not true. Enemies follow a very predictable pattern that once you learn a route you can manipulate them in your favor.

I pretty much only pick up infusions if they are close or on the way and as far as weapons go I run pistol for the first section but swap out for an RPG/whatever. I rely on Elizebeth to restock my RPG. One note is that Medkits, Salt, Infusions, Weapons, and lockpicks are not random and are in set locations. The only random part is scavaging bodies for ammo and stuff however Crows will always have Salt/Medkits. Anyways enjoy the show, I will try and finish this by Tuesday.

Sweet fucking heyzooz thank you Bahroo! This as always will come in handy and as usual, you're bossing a game like a badass. Why am I not surprised. Welcome back dude! Haven't seen you in a while! :)

1. its called speedrunning, not rushing.

2. why would you want to "rush" through a game as good as this? there is so much to enjoy, what a waste.

1) A speedrun usually has some type of goal outside of just finishing quickly, like an achievement or leaderboard position. This is just a guide to go through the game without wasting time or getting collectables and possibly avoid some enemies. There is no proper title for something like that. He could have called it the 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' run and it wouldn't matter. Who cares.

2) He is clearly aiming this towards those going for a second playthrough. Hence why he specified just 1999 mode. He didn't title it 'rush through every difficulty guide'. Just through the wording of his strategies, you can tell he has played it quite a bit already.

Edit: ninja'd.

1. Different name, same concept.

Wrong.

Rushing

A sudden quick movement toward something, typically by a number of people: "there was a rush for the door".
Speedrunning

A speedrun is a play-through, or recording thereof, of a whole video game or a selected part of it (such as a single level) performed with the intent of completing it as fast as possible, optionally under certain prerequisites, mainly for the purposes of entertainment and competition.
If you are any type of a classic FPS gamer you would know rushing is just going through as fast as possible while ignoring most of everything, while speedrunning is a method to meticulously plan out each action in the game resulting in a perfect result. It's a science.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rush+definition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedrun

By the way, I signed in JUST to post this.

By the way, I signed in JUST to post this.

Glad to see you never improved since my time away. Here I thought I could have just had some fun with this community but of course people like you always seem to ruin things.

Anyways my rushspeedmovefastskipstuff 1999 run is going great and 9-11 will be up shortly.