Here's a good way to deal with Wisps in VMD

Doopliss SWE

I was just playing around when I found that you can interrupt an airdode with a move, interrupt that move with an airdodge etc indefinitely, just like jump cancels. I think it only works if you haven't phased in a direction yet while airborne. There are some good uses for this, like Spamming LT+B on Butchers, but the best use is to spam RT+B on people below you. The following combo will work on most enemies, other than bulky ones, Rages, Harpies and Witches (You can get some reps on the latter ones, but they'll get out of it). The best part about it is that you can kill wisps instantly with it if done correctly. You simply press:

"Held Upperslash, RT+B, Alternate between LB and B while holding RT"

another variant, better suited for Death Knights, is:

"Solar Flare, RT+B, Alternate between LB and B while holding RT"

You can basically mash it. Wisps will remain grounded and not phase out, and they will not be able to get up before they die when their super armor kicks in.

On another note, Spamming LT+Y seems to move you up and forwards veeery slowly. Might be a way to get the Lost soul and cross fragment on the last level that otherwise requires enemy step, if you messed up but have some patience.

NOTE! Also works on Hollow Vergil. Use the Solar Flare variant point blank, then just hit him with drives until it goes into animation. Do it twice more and you win. Works well on HaH too.

Edited by Doopliss SWE

I have much more problem with imprisoner than wisps.

After Imprisoners initial attack get close and spam perfect Atomic to launch him over and over, even if you don't get perfects you will stunlock him with regular Atomic for decent damage and he'll die in no time.