Achievement Guide and Roadmap

BiggD

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6492/monolith3.png

Overview

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10

- Offline: 1/10 (50:gsicon: - Bird of Prey can be obtained in Custom Matches)

- Online: 9/10 (200:gsicon:)

- Approximate amount of time to 250:gsicon:: 3+ Hour(s) OR 25 minutes (1-2 matches) if Boosting

- Number of missable achievements: None

- Glitched achievements: Bird of Prey (Can be obtained in a Custom Match)

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Extra equipment needed?: Extra Controller(s) (Optional)

- Cost of DLC: 800 MSP ($10 USD) or Free w/ WarGames Pass

Introduction

Welcome back, Spartans. The Majestic Map Pack delivers players with three additional Infinity War Games maps, two new playlists, and a variety of new achievements. Landfall is a graveyard shipping dock on the world of Tribute with tight interiors and open exteriors. Monolith takes place on a Forerunner monument in space, featuring little to no cover, central man-cannons and open sightlines for close and mid-range battles. Lastly, Skyline is the smallest map in this DLC, and takes place on the rooftop terrain of a space tether construction site. The Majestic Map Pack also features Infinity Rumble, a free-for-all game type where you can earn personal ordnance and obtain special medal and style kills to help you earn ordnance faster. Every kill, and every death counts in Infinity Rumble, and this is reflected with a slower spawn time in the free-for-all matches.

Multiplayer:

All ten achievements are tied to the WarGames matchmaking of Halo 4 and cannot be obtained through Custom Games or Spartan Ops. You can boost these achievements if you have a full party of 8 players. If any players have multiple controllers, make sure they plug them in for the use of a guest account.

It is important to understand where certain weapons are located in the three new maps, and what playlists and maps will be best for obtaining all ten achievements. Three achievements are best obtained on the larger maps, another three are easier done in the new Free-For-All playlist, and the last four can be obtained on any maps, but will require the use of specific Armor Abilities during combat.

• Didn't See It Comin' and Bullet Sponge are best obtained on one of the bigger maps, such as Landfall or Monolith, due to their long sightlines and open exteriors.

• Bird of Prey can be easily obtained on Landfall or Skyline, since they have multiple leveled structures/areas around the map.

• I See You! and Clever Girl will have you utilizing the Promethean Vision and Active Camo Armor abilities and obtaining a total of five kills while the abilities are active.

• Flash of Light must obtained by a double kill with a single Pulse Grenade. This can easily be done in the Free-For-All playlist.

• Last Man Grinning and Calling in the Big Guns should also be done in the Free-For-All playlist with the Ordinance Priority mod equip.

• Pigs Can Fly and I Thrust at Thee require specific combat kills on the enemy team in terms of JetPacks and Thruster Packs. These can be obtained on any map and any playlist.

Conclusion:

Overall, the Majestic DLC presents players with what they've been asking for: a bundle of small-scaled maps for close-quarters and fast paced combat. Check your corners, cover your teammates and create the perfect loadout in order to dominate your opponents in these beautiful new locations. Landfall, Monolith and Skyline will prove to be enjoyable maps and will certainly please the majority of Halo 4's online community. Remember, all ten achievements can be obtained with a full 8-player boosting lobby, but MUST be done online under the Majestic DLC Playlist in WarGames.

- Credit to anyone who heavily contributes!

- This Guide is for the use of x360a only.

Edited by BiggD

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

04CLiGJhbC8QXhtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2RkAAAAAOfn5-zM6ng=.jpg Didn't See It Comin' 10:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, assassinate an enemy who's in zoom mode.

This achievement will take some time because you will have no sure way of knowing when an enemy player is zoomed in. Landfall and Monolith will be the better choice of maps in obtaining this, due to the long sightlines and open areas where players will most likely be wielding Battle Rifles, DMR's, or even Sniper Rifles.

Wait for an enemy to be occupied in the midst of battle with another player and attempt to get behind them to pull off an assassination. To successfully assassinate an enemy player, hold the melee button (:rbbut: on Default control layout) when you are behind them. This may take several attempts, but as soon as you assassinate an enemy who is zoomed in, the achievement will unlock.

0oCLiGJhbC8RXhtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2RlAAAAAOfn5-0sEus=.jpg Bird of Prey 50:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, perform 5 'airsassinations.'

An 'airsassination' is performed when you assassinate an enemy player who is using the Jet Pack, falling from higher ground, or jumping. Play a match as you normally would, but keep an eye out for any enemies in the area who are jumping or using their Jet Pack. As soon as they are airborne, jump up and assassinate them.

To successfully assassinate an enemy player in the air, hold the melee button (:rbbut: on Default control layout) when you are behind them. This achievement is cumulative across all three maps and all your matches, and will unlock once you have performed your fifth 'airsassination.'

NOTE: This achievement is glitched and can be obtained in a Custom Match.

0ICLiGJhbC8SXhtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2RmAAAAAOfn5-8NG14=.jpg Bullet Sponge 30:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, get the 'Close Call' medal twice during one match.

The 'Close Call' medal is obtained when a player with no shields and little health kills an enemy player, then manages to survive long enough to recharge their shields. This can easily be done on one of the bigger maps, such as Landfall. Use the large, open space on the exterior of the map to your advantage. With a Battle Rifle or DMR, you can engage long-ranged firefights where the enemy has a chance to strip your shields away. If you manage to kill them while your shields are low, run for cover and wait until your shields recharge. Repeat this method to obtain your second 'Close Call' medal. They do not need to be obtained in the same life and will most likely be obtained through natural game play.

Boosting Method: Since these medals are difficult to obtain "purposely" , here's an alternate solution. Have your boosting partner shoot you in the leg four times with a DMR to break your shields. Then, allow them shoot you twice more in the leg to lower your health. Now quickly double melee strike them in order to kill them before your shields recharge. You will obtain the 'Close Call' medal. Now repeat this method once more in the same match to earn your achievement.

14CLiGJhbC9EXxtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2UwAAAAAOfn5-hqUS0=.jpg I See You! 10:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, kill 5 enemies while Promethean Vision is active.

Equip the Promethean Vision mod to any of your five loadouts. While the Promethean Vision is active, simply kill five enemy players before it turns off/runs out of charge. Take note that if an enemy player has the Wetworks 'Stealth' mod, they show up only as a red outline, rather than the full figure. Remember that the vision can also be deactivated for a faster recharge and you can use it to line up percise shots before turning a corner.

This achievement is cumulative across all three maps and all your matches, and does not need to be done in one match.

1oCLiGJhbC9FXxtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2UxAAAAAOfn5-mKqb4=.jpg Clever Girl 10:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, kill 5 enemies while Active Camo is active.

Equip the Active Camo mod to any of your five loadouts. It is suggested that you use this Armor mod as a defensive ability, but can be used as an offensive ability as well.

If playing defensively, activate your Active Camo and sit tight in a single spot. Wait for an enemy who is unaware of your presence to pass by, then proceed to kill them by any means while the Camo is active. Alternatively, you can engage yourself in a close-quarter firefight and activate the Camo right before you finish off your opponent.

This achievement is cumulative across all three maps and all your matches, and does not need to be done in one match.

1ICLiGJhbC9GXxtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2UyAAAAAOfn5-uroAs=.jpg Flash of Light 30:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, get a Double Kill or higher with one Pulse Grenade.

Equip the Pulse Grenade to one of your five loadouts and be prepared to use them, a lot. These grenades are the least lethal of the three, but function as an energy draining device. They will drain the shields of anyone who is within it's blast radius, and then proceed to explode.

It is suggested that you play Infinity Rumble because you will be able to catch two players who are engaged in a close-quarter firefight off guard. This allows you the opportunity of killing them with your grenades since their shields will already most likely be low. Alternatively, an Objective match is another great mode to obtain this in, because players will tend to be grouped together while covering each other.

NOTE: If you equip the Grenadier mod, you will start with two Pulse Grenades. Additionally, if you equip the Explosive mod, it will increase the damage dealt when the Pulse Grenade explodes.

1YCLiGJhbC9HXxtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2UzAAAAAOfn5-pLWJg=.jpg Last Man Grinning 20:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, get 4 kills using the SAW without dying.

The SAW is located on Landfall and Monolith, but can also be obtained through a personal Ordinance Drop. If you are relying on the latter method of obtaining the SAW, it is suggested that the Ordnance Priority mod be equip in order to gain your Ordinance more frequently. The SAW is a powerful weapon, but suffers from range. Make sure you conserve all the ammo for close-quarter firefights. Use cover frequently and communicate with your teammates in order to stay alive long enough so that you can get your four kills.

0ICLiGJhbC9AXxtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2U0AAAAAOfn5--ps2E=.jpg Pigs Can Fly 30:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, kill 3 enemies while they are using Jet Packs.

A percision-based weapon, such as the Covenant Carbine, Battle Rifle, or DMR can prove to be extremely helpful here. Be on the lookout for any enemies who are using their Jetpack in order to gain higher ground, or evade enemy fire. Squeeze the trigger and aim for their head for a quick kill.

This achievement is cumulative across all three maps and all your matches and does not need to be done in one match.

14CLiGJhbC8WXhtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2RiAAAAAOfn5-iO+RI=.jpg Callin' in the Big Guns 40:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, call in 3 ordnance drops during the same game.

It is highly suggested you equip the Ordnance Priority mod to any of your five loadouts for this achievement. This armor mod offers more frequent ordnance drops. During the match, try to obtain as many medals and kills as you can in order to fill up your Ordinance meter. Once it is full, call it in and continue obtaining medals and kills in order to get two more Ordinance Drops.

An Objective or Infinity Rumble game will grant you the opportunity to obtain more medals and kills, allowing you to fill up the meter quicker and call in your Ordinance Drops before the match ends. You don't even have to use or pick up the item/weapon you call in. The achievement will unlock once you call in your third Drop.

1oCLiGJhbC8XXhtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2RjAAAAAOfn5-luAYE=.jpg I Thrust at Thee 20:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, perform a melee kill right after using Thrust Pack.

Equip the Thruster Pack Armor ability to any of your five loadouts. During the course of your match, aim to engage yourself in a close-quarter firefight. Here, you can shoot the shields off an enemy player with the weapon of your choosing and quickly thrust towards them for a melee strike before their shields begin to recharge. With their shields depleted, a single melee strike will kill them and you will unlock the achievement.

Edited by BiggD

TIPS:

It has been noted that for some players, Flash of Light will unlock with two separate Pulse Grenades kills, so long as you still obtain a Double Kill.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXWjKKIa918&feature=player_embedded]Flash of Light - YouTube[/ame]

Visual Guide for those who do not like reading text:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipAUmbFYZ8U]Halo 4 Achievement Guide: Majestic Map Pack Achievements - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by BiggD

Aww man, already?! Beat me to it!

I'll post my thoughts from Art's Majestic Map Pack Achievements thread.

Fuck "Flash of Light."

"Pigs Can Fly" won't be too bad, but I assume your enemy has to have their finger actually on :lbbut: in order to count as killing someone USING a jet pack. Could take a while, there are some assholes out there who would take their fingers off that :lbbut: or whatever they use in order to void you getting the achievement.

"Didn't See It Coming" could also take a while, but I imagine most will get this on Monolith because of it's "long sightlines."

"Bird of Prey" will also take some time, no suggestions here. Use jet pack often?

Everything else is simple, obtainable within approximately 30 minutes minimum as long as you restrict your playtime in the Majestic DLC playlist.

Also... I wonder how glitchy some of these will be.

This guys is serious, get it done early so we have more time to play after! :p Good start to the roadmap man.

I'm always serious when it comes to my Micro Guides ;) All the achievements seem straight forward so I hope to have the full Guide done by tonight, and then I'll add further methods on Monday when I obtain them! I'm also hoping to have them unlocked by Monday night so we can play this, and Crysis 3 together :)

Aww man, already?! Beat me to it!

I'll post my thoughts from Art's Majestic Map Pack Achievements thread:

[Thoughts/Methods]

Also... I wonder how glitchy some of these will be.

Consistency is key ;) I'm hoping to do Castle too if I can beat you to it. Flash of Light is the hardest one. There's no arguing that. Didn't See it Comin' is the only other tricky one. Other than those two, the list looks enjoyable and easy.

EDIT: I hope none of them are glitchy this time around...

Edited by BiggD

So does this mean you aren't boosting day 1? Just kidding. Most of these really do seem like you can get in the first few matches of game play though.

I'm unfortunately going to, only because I want to have them done before the end of the week before I boost another game [Crysis] with a group of friends. Also, I want them done as quickly as possible in order to update this Guide with the best possible strategies and methods behind obtaining all ten achievements.

I'm unfortunately going to, only because I want to have them done before the end of the week before I boost another game [Crysis] with a group of friends. Also, I want them done as quickly as possible in order to update this Guide with the best possible strategies and methods behind obtaining all ten achievements.

I can easily thing of some 3-in-1 ways to get these done.

-Grab the SAW, have the active camo/promethean vision active, and having some jetpack.

-Have an enemy scoped in while jetpacking and allow someone to assassinate them with a possible AC/PV active. (Could also do a quick melee to get a close call in the process)

-Have 2+ people huddled together and use AC/PV active and toss a few promethean grenades into the group.

I'll be willing to help you Monday, so we can discuss details in the trading thread.

Ok here goes lol:

Loadout 1:

Any Primary

Any Secondary

Any Grenades

Promethean Vision

AA Efficiency

Ordnance Priority

This Loadout will help you get "Calling in the Big Guns", "I See You!", "Pigs can Fly" and "Last Man Grinning" (if you're lucky with Ordnance).

Loadout 2:

Any Primary

Any Secondary

Any Nades

Active Camo

Mobility

Stealth

This Loadout will help you with "Clever Girl", "Didn't See That Comin'" and "Bird of Prey".

Loadout 3:

Any Primary

Any Secondary

Pulse Grenades

Thruster Pack

Grenadier

Explosives

This Loadout will help you with "Flash of Light" and "I Thrust at Thee".

Loadout 4:

Any Primary

Any Secondary

Pulse Grenades

Regeneration Field

Shielding

Explosives

This Loadout will help you with "Bullet Sponge" and "Flash of Light"

I can easily thing of some 3-in-1 ways to get these done.

I'll be willing to help you Monday, so we can discuss details in the trading thread.

I'll PM you, man.

Ok here goes lol:

This Loadout will help you with "Bullet Sponge" and "Flash of Light"

I'll add these if necessary, thanks man :)

Usually I think you're a solid dick, but this is a nice guide and I appreciate and will use it.

Gee, a diss and a compliment in the same post. That sure made my day.

But in all seriousness, no problem dude. I'll edit it later tonight with further info when I get my achievements done.

1Tc8P2NhbC8RXhtUGltTWDE5L2FjaC8wL2RlAAAAAVBQUPrdS+s=.jpg Bird of Prey 50:gsicon:

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, perform 5 'airsassinations.'

An 'airsassination' is performed when you assassinate an enemy player who is using the Jet Pack, falling from higher ground, or jumping. Play a match as you normally would, but keep an eye out for any enemies in the area who are jumping or using their Jet Pack to reach higher ground.

To successfully assassinate an enemy player in the air, hold the melee button (:rbbut: on Default control layout) when you are behind them. This achievement is cumulative between all three maps and all your matches, and will unlock once you have performed your fifth 'airsassination.'

I think this isn't the case. Just finished up a FFA game where I assassinated my 2nd controller when I had it jump 5 times and it didn't unlock. Tried it again with using the Jet Pack and assassinating but it still didn't unlock. So does anyone really have any idea what an 'airsassination' is, or is this achievement maybe glitched?

I think this isn't the case. Just finished up a FFA game where I assassinated my 2nd controller when I had it jump 5 times and it didn't unlock. Tried it again with using the Jet Pack and assassinating but it still didn't unlock. So does anyone really have any idea what an 'airsassination' is, or is this achievement maybe glitched?

It may be glitched. Jumping and JetPacking counts if I'm not mistaken.

Here's a useful tip for Bullet Sponge:

Use a BR, melee the guy from the front then shoot his leg twice. Then let him heal. It may take some practice but you'll get the hang of it after 1 or 2 errors. (Happened to the boost session I was in)

.. And another for Pigs Can Fly

Best way to do this is get a sticky grenade and shoot the person with the jetpack. While they are holding LB just trigger the grenade. This can come into use if you're having an issue with any other weapon.

That's my 2 cents :)

Edited by SushiWashi4268
Updating information

It may be glitched. Jumping and JetPacking counts if I'm not mistaken.

Nevermind, I tried it again and this time it worked. I had both myself and my second controller jetpack then assassinate. (Also I started my jetpack just a split second before the 2nd controller so that I was slightly higher up.) So both players have to be in the air for it to be an 'airssassination' not just the guy getting killed. Anyway, I happened to get lucky and also got my pulse grenade double kill as well.:woop:Someone else in the same match also had a 2nd controller doing nothing, so I killed both his guest and mine.

I think man cannons might count for the I Thrust At Thee achievement. I remember getting 2 melee kills after the enemy use the man cannon and I got one after I used the thruster pack. It can be confirmed later though.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. It only says 1 melee kill. I thought it said 3, but I guess I read the jetpacking one instead. XD

Edited by Fechdog

Air Assassinations count for assassinating jumping players, as long as both players are in the air.

For those struggling to get "Close Call" medals to register, this is the method I used. Player B shoots Player A with the Assault Rifle with 3-4 bullets, then melees him. Player A then kills Player B as fast as possible, preferably melee + BR, waiting for his shields to recharge and getting a Close Call. Surprisingly, these weren't counting as they should have.

I guess I glitched the pulse gernade... Playing FFA Rumble on Mono loaded with the ammo support upgrade so I get two pulse. Came across two people fighting threw one hoping to get the double kill with the one gerndae but only killed one so I threw the other one really quick and killed the other guy got a double kill with two pulse gernades and the cheevo popped.