For all issues with Achievements, gamesave syncing, multiplayer, etc

XBOX ISAAC82

I have been suffering some serious issues with this game since I bought it. If you own just one version of the game it may be completely fine but I have bought all 3 versions and have had a bit of a nightmare with gamesave syncing and achievements not unlocking.

So please post any issues you find for any platform in this thread and/or contact [email protected] and let them know. Also it is a good idea to specify on which platform you are experiencing the issue.

Edit: We now have one of the support team keeping an eye on this thread so hopefully all of these issues will be addressed with a patch.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

Issues myself or others have experienced so far:

• Replaying levels on another device does not unlock the progress achievements. I have been unable to unlock the achievement on the Windows 8 for completing the first four levels on Normal, even after multiple restarts and starting from the first level. Then on my XBox the achievement has not unlocked for completing the following four (Blossom levels) although they unlock no problem on both Window 8 and Windows Phone. This is particularly strange as I have played the XBox version from Level 1 where as the achievement popped on the other two just from loading a gamesave at the end of a level 8.
  • Cross platform data not syncing or loading up old gamesaves which then sync and overwrite other saves.
  • Multiplayer achievements not unlocking, i.e. win a multiplayer game. I assume this is more to do with people quitting before the end menu appears. Very frustrating.

Update 3rd Feb.

• Skull progress seems to sync ok but the achievement does not unlock on other devices. i.e. today I got 15 skulls on Windows 8 and then loaded the game up on Windows phone and Xbox and got nothing. I tried replaying levels and reloading gamesaves but no luck. I had to subsequently get 16 skulls on Windows Phone and 17 on XBox for the 'Bone Collector' achievement to pop. Therefore this would mean the 'Out of Your Skull' achievement is only obtainable by restarting campaign on each device and getting every single skull again. Not fun or easy by any means. :mad:

Update 5th Feb.

• "Unexpected Error" issues which causes crashing to the dashboard. Been reported to happen about an hour apart and generally before the end of a long level.

Reported by Shiftie

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

cheers for the heads up. was very tempted by the cross platform feature on this game but being the 1st of its kind theres no suprise it has issuses. im still struggling through the story as the ai seems to out match me alot but getting there bit by bit. heres hoping for a title update tht'll fix the game considering the cost.

Thx for the heads up. I got this on the phone first since it was dirt cheap there. Tho fewer chevos and GS. But tested the demo on 360. I was exited to on the cross platform save and MP "tho not tested that yet". But I think I'm gonna hold off getting it on 360 for now then.

Just a quick response about the end-of-season achievements. If your campaign progress is unlocked on another device, you should only have to beat the last level of the season to unlock the achievement. Also, if you use the cloud saves you can save right before beating the level and then load it on another platform. Unfortunately Microsoft's achievement system doesn't yet support true cross platform achievements so that's the best we could do with the existing system.

As far as syncing goes, there's also an issue on windows phones where the xbox live connection is dropped. Just go into your Xbox Live App, choose "..." and then hit Refresh - if that works then syncing should work. You might have to re-save any save games that were made while disconnected.

We're looking into the other issues for the patch.

Thanks!

Borut

cheers for the heads up. was very tempted by the cross platform feature on this game but being the 1st of its kind theres no suprise it has issuses. im still struggling through the story as the ai seems to out match me alot but getting there bit by bit. heres hoping for a title update tht'll fix the game considering the cost.

Full House Poker and Wordament works well with achievements but not this game.

Okay, I'm now getting issues with the cross platform cloud save.

If I load up the save on a new device, it only lets me play from the kevel that was saved on. All of the previous levels are still locked and I can only start from the first level.

It was working fine for me before but not now :(. I don't want to try and load my phone save onto my xbox tonight just incase it wipes my progress!

I ran into a bit of an issue with one of the "end of season" Achievements.

I'm going for gold skulls as I progress through the campaign, and one was pretty difficult so I dropped the difficulty down to Casual.

I then got the skull and proceeded to clear Monsoon Meadows, but I forgot to change the difficulty back to Normal. Therefore my achievement didn't pop. What I did was change the difficulty back to normal, quit the game, reloaded my game, then beat all Monsoon Meadows stages on Normal, but still no dice. I guess I'll need to start a new game once I get all skulls and time under 3 hours.

I'm only playing on Xbox, no cross platform shenanigans.

Just a heads up, don't fiddle with the difficulty until you complete the game, it may bork your achievements

• 1 month later...