New Achievement section

PerfectAnt

I think there should be a list of either:

1. the games with the easiest achievements

and/or

2. the easiest individual achievements

i think this would help those trying to get their gamerscore up as well as the contestants in the gamescore contest. Several magazines have already adopted this as a new section in their mags (gamepro has a 10k score in 1 week editorial recently. Just an idea for the site dedicated to unlocking achievements

another possibility is ranking games in terms of difficulty of achievement points. several of the game threads already have individual posts about the difficulties of these achievements. it would limit the amount of unnecessary threads to sort through when searching for individual infomation.

this information could be under the achievement section of the game right next to the name (before entering the forums. a 10 to 20 point scale could be used. or a letter ranking a-J for example)

a recent example of this would be spiderman FoF which i would give a 1/10 achievement or a 2/20. Polls would work well in defining the difficulty of the achievements as we could have our members helping to rank the games

Good to know. i actually did a search originally and was unable to come up with anything. direct access from the home page would be helpful under the achievements section under site navigation.

Thanks for the help shaaady

nice idea (the ratings scale system). but it has been mentioned many times before... .;)

we are indeed trying to implement a rating system of some kind. for now, our reviews do a good job, but yes, it will be implemented sometime i believe.

Figured someone would have eventually dropped that suggestion.

don't get me wrong the reviews are great, but there are different levels of gamers out there, i think the polling system would implement a better grading system once it does come into effect.

what about aq rating system for the members. differentiating their gamerlevel. some don't have any of their gaming information. like the 360 voice has there are different (awards) levels depending on what percentage of achievements from games that player has accomplished. I know we have an overall ranking system based upon posts to the site, but i also notice several spam posts, occasionally from some of you bigger guys on the site (noticed one from pants last week, then another from one of the other guys hitting him on the spam, which in effect was just another spam post). A mandatory requirement for all members to have their gametag from xbox live might help in that.

a search function on the pages would help as well (i know its not hard to hit ctrl f, but apparently some members have an issue with this which adds twice as many posts with the same reoccuring question

Edit-nevermind, just noticed the search at the top of the page

Double posting adds just as much of a problem as people not using search.

Why don't you use edit my friend?

You don't need to point out every single post by a person.

We also have a search function.

you'll notice at the end of my last post i did edit after realizing the search bar was at the top. and i was simply using an example. i wasn't trying to give pants a hard time about it, he rarely (if every) does it but thats the most recent memorable one i knew of.

so your saying i should edit and add additional replies to a previous post, or just add to the original post if i come up with another idea after posting the first. in this instance i was unsure that the add ons would be reviewed, or considered part of my first message which was initially replied to.

Double posting adds just as much of a problem as people not using search.

Why don't you use edit my friend?

You don't need to point out every single post by a person.

so your saying i should edit and add additional replies to a previous post, or just add to the original post if i come up with another idea after posting the first. in this instance i was unsure that the add ons would be reviewed, or considered part of my first message which was initially replied to.

You could always double quote... Haven't you been banned for this before?

Sry if iam asking something thats been discussed here already more than once , but i couldnt find sonething in the board here around so what i wanted to ask is ...

shouldnt be possible ( without too much work ) to use the Xbox360A databank to write a little program that is able to analyse your games and achievments , to help you to maximize your gamerscore easy ?

if i keep in mind how many hours ive been looking through all possible retail achievment lists ... its been enough time to get 1000 out of TMNT ;)

Main reason i ask is : Iam NOT going to buy a game , like the prementioned TMNT just because of those easy points , and iam immediatly stopping a game , if it doesnt make fun anymore ... so u cant actually call me an achievment whore ^^

Back to the programm : wont it work if you use an databank , like MyGamerCard service , an combine it with the data found on this side ? Of course , this needs to declare every single achievment more exactly , like " how long will it take , starting with 0 " or " need a save to get it quickly " or even " too much work for f****** 1 point " , like in bullet witch .

Wont this be possible , or am i just dreaming ?

You could always double quote... Haven't you been banned for this before?

are you refering to me or the other guy? i've never been banned for anything previously. or at least never been told about it if i have.

and how did you do that shinobi, i just tried it and failed miserably. once i click on quote, how do i get a second quote from a seperate post into it?

edit: thanks for the help guys (shinobi, shaaady, pants, and chaos). great site, great members, great staff

are you refering to me or the other guy? i've never been banned for anything previously. or at least never been told about it if i have.

and how did you do that shinobi, i just tried it and failed miserably. once i click on quote, how do i get a second quote from a seperate post into it?

Click on the multi button on the posts that you want to quote, then click on the quote button to bring up the post window and make your comments. The posts that you clicked multi on and the post that you clicked quote should be quoted in the post. I think you already know how to do the single post quote.

Yes, I thought you were banned for something, probably double posting, before. If not, you are certainly on your way to being banned for a few days (not a permenant ban, just temporary). I don't hand out bans, the mods do, they enforce the rules too.

Why is everyone attacking this guy? Tell him about the edit button and that's it. Don't accuse him of being banned (he's never even had a single infraction) or tell him the mods are going to ban him. Double-posting is a very minute offense (unless someone does it often) and now that he knows about it, he'll use the edit button instead of making a second post. Problem solved, no reason to be a jerk to him.

Anyway, like Shady said, achievement difficulty is something we try to address and we are looking at better/more obvious ways of implementing it. Right now the achievement discussion threads and our reviews are what we have. More to come in the future, I'm sure.