How hard is normal?

Duken13

I've died a couple times on normal in the black story line. Once was a cheap death that wasn't my fault. Twice because I was overwhelmed by huge enemies in free mode (no penalty).

Guy on my friend list says normal is simple. I say ehhh a slight challenge.

Normal isnt too bad. Learn the boss patterns and exploit their weaknesses and you will have a better chance of downing em quicker. Also another good tip is if you are struggling, fight in the open world to achieve 20 kills as Lan stated in his guide. When it starts to rain, a mini boss will appear. It could be a mutant, a Droid squad, etc. After beating it a thug with a box will appear. Kill him and take his power up. You can carry up to two power up items into a mission. Hope this helps.

Learn to dodge the bosses attacks and wait for an opening before you attack. Only use your power move ( which restores HP ) when you are close to death. Also its good to do some throws during combos as they do a lot of damage.

Finally check my video's if you get stuck. All story videos on hard with Platinum ratings :

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL09E3D7C791C4AAFF&feature=view_all

Once you learn how the game works it becomes pretty piss easy. Played on hard mode first and the game does kick your ass at first because it forces you to learn the tricks to the game.

I'd say all in all you'll end up dying about 10 times on normal mainly just because new enemy types require strategies or you get destroyed fast. Damn mutants.

Once you learn how the game works it becomes pretty piss easy. Played on hard mode first and the game does kick your ass at first because it forces you to learn the tricks to the game.

^ this

Finally got around to trying my copy last night, and, going by the guide advice i decided to start on hard. Fair to say the first boss (big bull) happily kicked my arse, will go back to it tonight and give hard another go, but im tempted to drop down to normal and then move back up to hard when i have got a grasp of the tricks of the game.

Any hints are always welcome, will check out the vids that have been linked aswell as the comments already given when i next get a chance to load it up :)

Funnily enough big bull one of the hardest fights. he hits uber hard and there's no weaponry to help you out. A few tips from experience.

Kill 20 enemies beforehand in free roam. keep trying until you find weapons like the sniper or rocket launcher. To say they help platinum a tough stage is an understatement.

Jacks campaign is much harder than Leos. jack will face every enemy type while leo faces about half. and Leo is the faster more agile character making fights easy. jack is a grab and beat the shit out of them with a chainsaw type.

Leo is pretty easy to use. abuse that killer weapon lvl 2 (LT+Y). Jack is a little tougher. Launch them with a Y,X then while their midair do the combo x,x,x pause for a second x then LT+X,X,X,X. Check training and test the combos out.

Abuse the fuck out of stage items. you think snipers and R launchers are good? A tyre, sign, motorbike and all the others are just as lethal. They stun the ai forever even on hard and you can get off 2 basic x,x,x,x combos and then a level 2 which takes a lovely chunk of health off.

And of course defend and dodge like a little bitch. You are a little bitch on hard. 2 combos WILL end you. They take god knows how much. Don't forget to use throws. They can save you if you feel the shield is about to break and you cant roll away.

Finally for big bull? You'll love this. Knock him into the lava. he'll take a second to jump back up. Hit him as he jumps back on to the stage with Y+X. Keep doing it. Nothing he can do at all. It saved my ass when i was new and knew nothing of weapons and stuff. Gets you a nice platinum. bait him to the ledge sweep round even if hes defending keep hitting he'll fall in. Then hes at your mercy.

Mutants are piss easy. Mission with lots of mutants? Beat the shit out of thugs before the mission to get super saiyan rage (maybe a weapon). If theres like 5 at once use it and take 3 out.

If its 1v1 mutant use x combos only. he attacks? roll around him. then hit him with 2 LT+Y attacks. hit with x combo again and repeat. Also stay in the gas they spew. It does no damage and fills up the weapon meter. Free asswhoopin juice.