Updates or Corrections: Guides & Roadmaps

Post updates to a published guide in the following format.

Post Content: Every Post must include the following

• Game Title
  • Brackets [] (after game title) - we will input the game ID here for processing
  • Purpose of, or reason edit/update is needed
  • Published Guide Link

• Bold every Achievement's Title in Red for the description you wish to Update/Edit.
  • Copy & paste the original published achievement description.
  • Colour any additions/edits you make Red
  • Colour any necessary removals in Green

NOTE: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE BOTH THE ORIGINAL AND YOUR EDITED VERSION. You're only copying the original here, then making changes to it. Changes are in red so we can see what you've changed and evaluate the merit of those changes. PLEASE DO NOT double our work by doubling the information. Only in instances of a complete rewrite would we have any need of seeing the entirety of the original description but, if your entire update is red, we'll go look up the original ourselves. Tyger7's post directly below is a perfect example of what we want to see. If you have questions or doubts about what to do, ASK. :)

Updates are deleted once completed to keep the thread cleaned up. The posts that are left are left for informational purposes.

----------------------------

Post Example:

Game: Tomb Raider: Legend []

Edit Reason: Glitch patched or otherwise no longer works.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/tomb-raider-legend/guide/

Additions are in Red

Removals are in Green

Completed all Time Trials 50:gsicon:

Complete all levels while in time trial mode.

After you have completed the a level on any difficulty, you can replay load that level and choose Time Trial. Choose this and complete the level under par-time.

Add:

It is recommended that you start with the last level (Bolivia: Redux) first as that will unlock the one shot kill cheat which makes all the other time trials MUCH easier. There is no level specific achievement for Bolivia: Redux but it is required for this achievement to unlock.

Remove:

If you have a hard time completing those levels on Time Trial, you could use this glitch:

Load the specific level on Time Trial mode

Watch the intro of the level

Press and exit to Main Menu

Select the same level but don’t change anything on the settings, DON’T even select Time Trial, just continue.

Play through the level and make sure you don’t die to early in the level.

After you died the first level and loaded the last checkpoint, you’re Timer will start. So if you play till the end of the level or just to the middle, you shouldn’t have trouble completing the level before you’re out of time. Though, you’ll have to die at least once to start the Timer, otherwise you won’t get rewarded the Achievement.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• 3 weeks later...

Copy/paste the achievement/description here and edit it within the post. A mod will grab the info and just paste it over the old. Would take me like 30 seconds to fix it and most of that time is scrolling down in the guide looking for the achievement to fix. :) You can do it any way you want, but I personally prefer you just make one post with the achievement. The tile doesn't matter if you don't want to include that.

In my example below, all I do is list the game and why it needs edited. I then pasted my solution down. I am only using red on what I added just to point out the example.Again, I just pasted the description I had in my guide. Then I added the new info. Mod comes in, CTRL+C, goes to publish, CTRL+V, save. Let's not make this more complicated than it has to be.

-----------------------

GAME: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

EDIT: They have updated the game to allow online co-op. If you do not have a second controller, you would previously not be able to obtain it. You may now play it online.

A Friend in Need 20:gsicon:

Play Co-op mode

This is the easiest achievement. Start a game cooperative with a second controller and you'll automatically get this, without even playing. You can also opt to do this online with a friend if you have online access and have downloaded the update.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• 1 year later...

Can we post corrections to other peoples guides? Or does it have to be the author?

A lego guide was published with some missing information of requirements, daft thing is me and another guy posted in the thread pointing out the errors, yet the author hasn't changed it and it was still published despite the errors being pointed out. They are only small errors, but missing requirements will mess people up.

Can we post corrections to other peoples guides? Or does it have to be the author?

A lego guide was published with some missing information of requirements, daft thing is me and another guy posted in the thread pointing out the errors, yet the author hasn't changed it and it was still published despite the errors being pointed out. They are only small errors, but missing requirements will mess people up.

Anyone can post updates or corrections here. This thread has also been used to submit alternative ways to earn an achievement. An example of that is probably going to included at least some of what SA submitted above. I agree that we should tell people more than just the "cheat code" method of unlocking something.

Edited by troy0891

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to Updates or Corrections: Guides & Roadmaps
  • 3 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 2:19 PM, mjc0961 said:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/halo-the-master-chief-collection/achievement/93750-megg.html

The video at the end of that guide is for a different achievement. The correct video from the version posted on the forum is this one:  

Nice catch. We'll get it swapped out soon. Thanks!

EDIT 7/11/21 - Still having issues with videos in guides that were published before the November 2020 site update. If we were to edit this now, due to a bug in the system, every video in this guide would be wiped out and we would have to replace them all, not just this one. Plus, most of the formatting (bold, bullet lists, spacing, etc) would be wrong. This is still on our radar but we would need a few hours of dedicated work to fix everything. Stay tuned.

EDIT 11/9/21 - I have not forgotten about this. Issue above is still an issue.

EDIT 8/25/22 - Apologies, this still has not been done yet.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy