poker

M0rpheus

LET this be the poker thread

you've got questions, don't know how to play? where locations? cheating??(NOPE but you can BLUF)

mine question was...

so I played a few games now, and I've won 1 time the full 1000( each player 250) and 3 times 400 (each player 100) so if I count everyting up...2200 bucks, if I only count the money from the other players is it 750+300+300+300 = 1650 bucks BUT still I haven't the achievement!! is it glitched? also early in the guide the guy of the guide was talking for not trowing away those cards you pick up ran domly on the island, so my bagg of items is almost full of those cards but can't find a way to use them... was he wrong and you just need to sell them?

cheers M0rph:drunk

Edited by M0rpheus

If you look in your stats it'll tell you exactly how much you've won.

wasn't sure if there was a stat's page until I seen this post so thanks Certi :) (Press the :xbut: button on the first page of your handbook for anyone who couldn't find it)

I have only won once in poker (played expert). Looks like it doesn't count your buy in, so instead of winning $1000, you only win $750 per expert hand.

EDIT: got it on my second expert win with exactly $1500.

Edited by SpinelesS

Anyone got some advice how to win at poker?Really don't know anything about the game.

The info button has a bunch of basic info (press left stick)

I'm not a very good poker player, but:

I found it pretty easy to bluff my opponents. If they didn't have anything great a raise and then a re-raise often got them to fold.

Don't be afraid to fold a dud hand.

And just because you have a great hand, don't raise too much or your opponents may fold, (if you have a kickass hand, feel free to go crazy on the final round of betting)

If You Really Suck...

The game counts your winnings as you stand up from the table.

1) Save your game and go to a poker game.

2) Go All in on your first hand.

3a) If you loose, quit your game without standing up from the table

3b) If you win, stand up from the table and save your game.

It will take a while but you will eventually get all the winnings you need.

Edited by SpinelesS

The cards you find as loot are for sale only, no other use for them as that.

There's a story quest on the south island which lets you play against 3 guys to get revenge on them, if you win in this game, it'll give you more than 1500 and you get the achievement.

Win 1500 in 1 game.

damn ok, I'm still on the north island lol thanks for the info ;)

Anyone got some advice how to win at poker?Really don't know anything about the game.

seriously? srry for you bro, there some great sites to learn it bro, did mine on pokerstars years ago, but I've quit playing it, don't have the patience, 90% of the time it's boring as hell, but with some friends, some beer it can be fun :drunk

The only tip I can give, is play easy so its $100 buy in (I say easy because I did a few tests on the other difficulties and it seemed to give me pairs a lot more than the others) keep folding till you get a dealt a pair, then just go all in, sometimes 1 or 2 of them will fold, but its a quick way rather than having to wait for the flop, turn and the river. I lost a few games but won most of the time, I had the achievement in about 9 games

Edited by NetroDude
Cos I can

The only tip I can give, is play easy so its $100 buy in (I say easy because I did a few tests on the other difficulties and it seemed to give me pairs a lot more than the others) keep folding till you get a dealt a pair, then just go all in, sometimes 1 or 2 of them will fold, but its a quick way rather than having to wait for the flop, turn and the river. I lost a few games but won most of the time, I had the achievement in about 9 games

indeed you get more chance to win on games of 100 bucks,on 250 buy in you get lesschance to win against the opposite dude on the table (forgot his name) also next to a pair you've been given, a queen and a king are very good cards, I noticed in my games a lot of kings came on the table, more then ACEs

A man who cant play poker isnt a real men

:D

Arghhh!!!! This sentence just gave me an aneurysm!

On topic. I've been looking for the place where I can play Poker in the game. I figured it would be a fun and easy way to rack up money. For those of you familiar with Fable II, the card games were my favorite part of that game.

I guess I'm not a real man then because I have no idea how to play poker, probably never will. I just can't wrap my head around it.

http://operitel.com/innovate360/lib/img/poker-hands.jpg

That's the basics of it. Cards are in order of 2-10, J, Q, K, A, so a three of a kind of aces beats a three of a kind of 10s. Two hands of four of a kind with aces means someone's cheating. Winning with just a high card and a bluff makes you a poker god. Then there's the probabilities of which cards other players have based on a 52 card deck, but that goes beyond the basics.

There's a side mission on the Southern Island in the town you first enter there, I think the mission is called "A Father's Choice" or something like that. Basically the guy is a gambler and he asks you to go get his stuff back. One of the guys he sends you to asks you to play and win at poker. The pot can get really high in this game, even on Novice, and I ended up getting >$1600 in just one game. I'm not sure if it is the game working to help the player complete the quest or what, but it was a pretty easy game for me.