Complete guide to the side quests for 'Perfectionist'.. choices, choices, choices

Further to my achievement guide, this guide will detail how you can complete all the side quests needed to achieve 'Perfectionist'. Any achievements are noted in the description as well as anything you can accidentally do to prevent completing the quest.

No matter the choices you make, the pins you miss will be in the pin trader's shop. I intend to have all the quests up by 30th November latest.

Note - you can activate the 'second visit' and still not progress through the story if you want to get the quests done as quick as possible. For example, once you've done Bog Easy and you transport to Blot Alley, go back through the projector to Bog Easy which activates the second visit quests. I found doing this much less of a hassle as it meant whichever area I went to, I had all the quests active at the same time allowing me to mop everything up.

Operation Gremlin Drop

Start: Underground, first visit. Gus will point it out.

Areas covered: Rainbow Falls, Disney Gulch, Bog Easy, Blot Alley, Train Tunnels, Fort Wasteland, Floatyard, Ventureland, Autotopia, Mad Doctor’s Attic

Task: Rescue 11 gremlins

Reward: 'Who left these lying around?' achievement, gremlins help with tasks in each level (rescue them asap when you get to the specific level)

How To;

1. When you first come to the Underground you'll have to cross a large area using three 'pillars' of wind. As you come to the other side a quest will trigger called 'Operation Gremlin Drop'. Free the purple gremlin by allowing Oswald to shock the cage, you'll then need to use Mickey and spin attack the cage to free the gremlin

2. The second gremlin is in Rainbow Falls behind a wall that you'll need to 'thin'. As you progress through the level you'll come into a tunnel where a huge paint stream shoots up. Jump on this stream and then jump straight to the tunnel on the other side. Between here and the next stream further down the tunnel is a 'thinnable' wall on your left, behind the wall next to the purple gemstones is a blue gremlin

3. The third gremlin is in Disney Gulch. You can find him quite easily as he is on the ledge above the huge floating boulder

4. Next, you'll need to wait until you reach Bog Easy. When you first get to Bog Easy and defeat the first set of Spinners you can go around the back of the shop, up on the roof to rescue the gremlin

5. The next gremlin is found in Blot Alley. Right near the entrance is the gremlin, free him and he'll help you out later down the line

6. Once you're in the Train Tunnels level you can find the next gremlin in a secret room that can be accessed by thinning a small area of toon on the right wall of the Clock Diorama

7. The next gremlin is in Fort Wasteland. At some point you'll come to a large Ox's head, in front of him is a tree chunk that you can paint. Once painted, jump on the tree and then jump onto the last tree and paint the nest. Jump of this nest to reach a higher ledge where the gremlin is trapped

8. In Floatyard you'll find the next gremlin. You will come along a path where a cave is being blocking by two large cuckoo clocks, before you come to the cave's entrance you'll see the gremlin on a nearby ledge

9. Ventureland is where you'll find the next gremlin. You'll find him inside a cave right next to the construction site

10. When you get to Autopia you'll eventually come to a large garage that's locked. Open it by thinning the control box on the right side and having Oswald reprogram the console, this will cause damage depending on whether you restored the race track in the previous visit. Another way to open is to spin the large wheel in front of the door and then to push the slider below into the tumblers to pick the lock. Either way, the gremlin is inside

11. The final gremlin is trapped in Mad Doc's attic. After you reprogram the last Beetleworx Replicator, Jamface's snow globe crashes and breaks him free, he thanks you for freeing him which counts as a freed gremlin.

The Bunny Wranglers

Start: Second visit to either Ortensia in OsTown or Paulie in Mean Street Ice Cream Parlour

Areas covered: Disney Gulch, Blot Alley, Train Tunnels, Fort Wasteland, Floatyard, Mean Street South - 5 bunnies per area

Task: Lead bunnies to special pipes around Wasteland

Reward: Helping Paulie gives you the 'I Scream, You Scream' pin whilst helping Ortensia gives you the 'Not Quite 101' Pin.

How To:

Paulie wants the rabbits for ice cream by taking them through the pipes to his ice cream parlour, whilst Ortensia wants you/Oswald to reprogram these 'tubes' so that the bunnies can be sent home. The choice is yours, if you want to do it Ortensia's way make sure to paint the console next to the tube before you lead the rabbits there so Oswald can reprogram it.

Clothes Make The Spatter

Start: ONLY available if you take a 'friendly' route through Blot Alley. If at the end of Blot Alley Ian the Ghost is annoyed, or says 'you didn't do so good' then you won't get it. He has to be satisfied with the way you played so don't destroy any enemies or get detected through Blot Alley. To start, speak to Ian in your second visit to Blot Alley.

Areas covered: Mean Street South, OsTown

Task: Use your 'cloth' to make clothes for blotlings or flowers at the Mad Hatter's shop

Reward: Spatter Stylist Pin (by helping Ian) or The Green Thumb Pin (if you help Clarabelle

How To:

There are two choices in this quest, either make clothes for the blotlings as Ian asks or go see Clarabelle in OsTown and help her with flower costumes. Again, the second choice is only available if you help Clarabelle in the quest 'Horace's Assistant Assistance'.

Donald's Date

Start: Second visit to Bog Easy

Areas covered: Bog Easy , Ventureland

Task: Help Donald fix his boat, and help Sparks in order for him to fix the boat

Reward: Dependent on three different choices..see how to..

How To:

Part 1 - Before Sparks can fix Donald’s boat, his forge must be repaired. Go to Sparks’s forge at the Docks in Bog Easy. Oswald can enable a temporary generator to get you on the forge roof. Now choose to either pay scrap metal to Sparks to fix it, or fix it with paint to obtain the 'Jumpstart' pin.

Part 2 - Once the forge is repaired, Sparks needs you to get a gear from Ghost Gilbert at the graveyard in Old Town. There are three choices;

1 - Gilbert offers a fake gear to give to Sparks instead of the real one and you're awarded with the 'Gotcha Pin' and Scrap Metal and more concept art for sale (However, Donald’s repaired boat is nothing special and he’s late for his date, so Daisy will be upset.)

2 - Solve the statue puzzle in the graveyard to get the real gear, but Gilbert offers to buy it from you for E-tickets and gives you the fake gear. You're rewarded with the same as above and 1,000 e-tickets.

3 - Solve the statue puzzle and return the real gear. You get the '20,000 leagues Under the Thinner' Pin and Donald’s boat is upgraded to a submarine; (Daisy also awards the Diving Miss Daisy Pin when you meet her in Episode 3.)

Goofy's Fountain Mishap

Start: OsTown, second visit

Areas covered: OsTown

Task: Help Goofy recover the pieces of the statue that fell when you helped him in the first visit

Reward: 'Heroes of Wasteland' achievement, 'Heads I Win' pin if you put the Mickey head on the statue, or 'Good Head on His Shoulders Pin' with the Oswald head.

How To:

Explore the sinkhole in the middle of the map and recover the statue pieces by moving them to Transport Tubes. At the bottom of the sinkhole, you find two paths: one leads to a Mickey head and the other (opened by Oswald only) leads to the original Oswald head.

Preferably you'll want to put Oswald's head on the statue, because in the third visit to Ostown you can go to the gag factory where a gremlin will offer to build a Mickey statue to go with Oswald. This gives you the 'Heroes of Wasteland' achievement and you can get the pin you missed from the pin trader.

Much Ado About Blotlings

Start: Ventureland, second visit

Areas covered: Ventureland

Task: Dependent on whether you destroyed the crane or not in your first visit.

Reward: 'Blotyard' pin from Daisy and can purchase 'Recycler' pin from Tiki Sam, or 'Taking out the Trash' pin from Starkey and can purchase 'On the House' pin from Tiki Sam

How To:

Go to Ventureland on your second visit. If you destroyed the crane speak to Starkey, if you didn't, speak to Daisy. That's it.

Edited by Terraferminator

One Toon's Trash

Start: First visit to Mean Street South

Areas covered: Wasteland

Task: Find unique items to give to Laralee in the Museum

Reward: E-tickets and a gold pin once you've sold 20 items

How To:

Activating this quest gives you an alternate choice for most quests in the game, as you can sell to the Museum instead of doing the quest. Any items you sell can be bought back from her store if you change your mind, so try to finish this as soon as you can, completion of this quest may be unobtainable if you don't sell 20 items before completing the storyline. Unique items will be posted here when available.. however you can buy 'melting ice cream' from the ice cream parlor before you fix the shop, and then you can buy 'ice cream' from the same place after you've fixed it. Both these items count.

Angel Side of Rainbow Caverns – Silly Symphony Fan

Disney Gulch – Donald Soda Cap

OsTown (sinkhole near Oswald's statue head) - Guitar

Mad Doctor’s Lab – Pete’s Dragon Lunchbox

Blot Alley – Pirate Sugar Bowl

Fort Wasteland – Donald Duck Milk Bottle

Floatyard – Three Little Pigs Pocket Watch

Autotopia – Goofy Race Car

Mad Doc’s New Ride – Disney Snow Globe

The Other Side Of The Screen

Start: Penny Arcade, first visit to Mean Street North

Areas covered: Mad Doctor’s Lab, Prescott’s Arena, Mad Doctor’s New Ride

Task: The machines in the arcade have been broken by the earthquakes. To get them working again, Flynn needs pins from boss battles so he can reprogram the games after the boss fights.

Reward: 'Game Grid' pin and golden e-ticket for each machine you fix

How To:

After every boss battle you will get a Pin depending on what path you choose. Head to the Pin trader after defeating a boss to get the pin you missed. When you have both 'boss battle' pins you can take them to the Penny Arcade where the gremlin will copy the pins and fix the machine. Do this for each of the three boss battles.

A Friend in Deed

Start: Bog Easy second visit.

Areas covered: OsTown, Fort Wasteland, Floatyard, Autotopia

Task: Help Sparks refurbish a building, while choosing who gets the building

Reward: If you help Bertrand you can access to the Magic Shop's game of chance, so you can win e-tickets and 2 pins ('Bibidi Bobbidi Boo' and 'Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack' pin). If you help Metairie, 'Picture Perfect' achievement. Go for the ach' and get the pins from a trader

How To;

Part 1 - Speak to Sparks who can help repair the building - if you reprogrammed all three Beetleworx Replicators in your first visit to Bog Easy, the building is finished for free. If you didn’t reprogram some of the Beetleworx, you have to pay extra Scrap Metal for each one you didn’t reprogram.

Part 2 - Sparks gives you the deed to the new building and you must decide whether to give it to Bertrand or Metairie.

Choice 1 - Choose Bertrand who wants you to break the magic hats he has left over town. The locations (in Bog Easy) are;

1: On top of the rooftop in Shanty Town

2: Inside a thinnable wall of the middle building in Shanty Town

3: On top of the shack on the outskirts of the Docks

4: Near the train station on the Docks

5: To the right of the fireworks dispenser on the rooftops in Old Town

6: Inside a crypt in the graveyard in Old Town; use Invisible Ink to sneak in

Choice 2 - Choose Metairie who wants you to fill her picture frames. The photo locations are;

Fort Wasteland: The sleeping bear (Reward: 50 E-tickets)

Floatyard – The eye in the Alice Area spying you

Autotopia: Gilda driving over the bridge

Horace’s Assistant Assistance

Start: Second visit to Mean Street South

Areas covered: Blot Alley, Ventureland, OsTown

Task: Speak to Horace at the detective agency, help him get rid of his assistant and then to find a new assistant

Reward: 'Exorcised' Pin for Part 1 completion. Part 2 - if you helped Barnacle Jones then 'Lost and Found' Pin. You can also get extra pins from Scurvy Pat in Disney Gulch if you gave the compass to Horace but didn’t thin out Scurvy Pat. If you helped Clarabelle then 'Beautiful Friendship' pin.

How To:

Part 1 - Get rid of Tedworth by finding his lost teddy bear in Blot Alley. There are six pieces to the teddy bear in Blot Alley;

1: Teddy bear body in the alley behind a ­thinnable wall to the left of the starting projector.

2: Teddy bear head on the upper platform along the right wall before the fountain.

3: Teddy bear arm on a platform in the market square.

4: Teddy bear leg in a room at the top of the winding staircase at the end of the alley.

5: Teddy bear arm behind the gate past the destructible door.

6: Teddy bear leg on a platform next to Club 13.

Part 2 -

Choice 1 - (a) Barnacle Jones in Ventureland can be persuaded to join Horace, but he needs to get his special compass back from another pirate

(b) You can take a picture of Scurvy Pat while he’s holding the compass. If you photograph him with the compass, he admits he stole it and returns the compass. From then on, he’ll be in Disney Gulch. Each time you visit, he’ll give you special pins that he finds in his mom’s collection. You can also thin out Scurvy Pat as Barnacle Jones suggests, but he will not travel to Disney Gulch and you won’t be able to get the special pins from him.

© Return the compass to Barnacle Jones, and he’ll become Horace’s assistant. Or give the compass to Horace in order to eliminate Barnacle Jones and clear the way for Clarabelle.

Choice 2 - (a) Clarabelle in OsTown is the preferred choice for Horace’s assistant, but Horace must be convinced she is right for the job first.

(b) Clarabelle has an adopted Spatter that won’t stop crying. If you return the Flower Costume from finishing Fort Wasteland, the Spatter will stop crying. If you used the Thinner path to finish Fort Wasteland, you have to take the costume to the Mad Hatter shop for repairs first.

© Return to Horace with the Very Messy Thank You Note to show how Clarabelle has cared for the Spatter. The note impresses Horace, and he agrees to hire Clarabelle as his assistant.

The Wasteland Limited

Start: First visit to Mean Street South

Areas covered: Mean Street South, OsTown, Bog Easy, Ventureland

Task: Speak to each train conductor

Reward: 'All Aboard Wasteland' pin.

How To:

1: Repair the Mean Street Station. Use the Watch Sketch to slow the fan above the Station and then toss up Oswald to fix the clock.

2: Repair the Bog Easy Station. Use the TV Sketch to power the station and lure the Conductor back to work.

3: Repair the Ventureland Station. Use the Anvil Sketch to crush the collapsed roof blocking the station.

Go back to the Mean Street South for a pin and to complete the quest, do these quests as soon as you get to each area if possible

Edited by Terraferminator

Operation Gremlin Drop

the one in Autotopia is not at the garage, it is behind some treetops that you have too thin out, in the first area you come to when you arrive at Autotopia ;) atleast it is in my version, not sure if there is any difference between european and american version of the game

It goes 4 / 10 / 20. Kinda stupid I know, if you wait till end game with mostly completed quest you can't finish it. I only have 10 items after all other quest are done.

I´ve sold 14 itens, and I´m holding one, it´s a note, with a heart draw on it. I´m pretty sure this note has to do with that stupid Horace/Clarabelle quest, didn´t sold this just because of it.

If I sell this one, it will be 15. I´ve had 5 blottlings flower costumes, but already gave it away to Clarabelle. How stupid of me.

Now I´ve must find another 5 itens, or else start another playthrough...

As soon as I get home, I´ll list the ones I´ve sold.

close to finishing all quests now, but i can't seem to find the 2nd item for copernicus, i have found all others, he says it landed in the middle of the mad doctors junk bridge...

and are missing alot of hidde mickey's have found 14 so far, so will be looking forward to some pictures so i can finish that one, great work you have done here

Hi guys.

Just to warn you, the Horace´s quest locked on me.

I´ve thinned the guy on Venturelands and took the compass. Then I´ve spoke to Horace and he became very upset with what I did (what a pussy... ¬¬) and said he won´t want my help anymore, and the quest locked, but not count as completed.

So, don´t do this.

Disney Gulch – Donald Soda Cap

can anyone tell me exactly where this is, or show me on a picture, can't seem to find it anywhere

*edit* finaly found it, was on the left ear on the pig in Disney Gulch if anyone else is missin that one

Edited by madman1983

What hidden mickey? the only ones should be the oswalds on the train doors to the left of ortensia's house.

I will finish the quest guide tomorrow.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/epic-mickey-2/thumb/5/53/Em2_132.jpg/228px-Em2_132.jpg

that one on the roof, and there is also one on moodeys house when you thin that out in that area, i have gotten 3 out of the 4, so only the one on picture left, it is also shown on my map, but i am not able to get the green light to take picture of it

I'm trying to do the Finding the Hidden Heroes quest but I'm no longer allowed to progress. I've found enough of both Mickey and Oswald to complete Episodes 1 & 2 (both have a green check mark) but Episode 3 isn't available. I return to Seth but all he says is Keep lookin'! How else I am gonna choose between you two? I beat the game the last episode should be unlocked.

EDIT:

Do you HAVE TO have both heads on the statue in OsTown in order to complete the Finding the Hidden Heroes quest?

I really hope someone can help me. I'm at 19/20 quests done and I really cant stomach ANOTHER play through if I somehow screwed this last quest up.

Edited by ll BRUTAL ll

I'm trying to do the Finding the Hidden Heroes quest but I'm no longer allowed to progress. I've found enough of both Mickey and Oswald to complete Episodes 1 & 2 (both have a green check mark) but Episode 3 isn't available. I return to Seth but all he says is Keep lookin'! How else I am gonna choose between you two? I beat the game the last episode should be unlocked.

EDIT:

Do you HAVE TO have both heads on the statue in OsTown in order to complete the Finding the Hidden Heroes quest?

I really hope someone can help me. I'm at 19/20 quests done and I really cant stomach ANOTHER play through if I somehow screwed this last quest up.

You need Oswald for the statue first and choose him for the flower garden. Then you need to repair it from the gag factory to get both in the statue for another achievement.

You need Oswald for the statue first and choose him for the flower garden. Then you need to repair it from the gag factory to get both in the statue for another achievement.

So, I screwed myself out of Perfection .....awesome. :(

Since I'm 19/20 quests with no chance of completing the last one, Does that mean I'm also screwed when it comes to getting all pins?

finished 20 quests now, but the achievment page still says 19/20, not quite sure why, and what quest that bugged there, the quest page says 20/20 -.-' well 13 pins away from getting them all, and still need 4 for the spirits, so hope i can get those 2 achievements before i play through again

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/epic-mickey-2/thumb/5/53/Em2_132.jpg/228px-Em2_132.jpg

that one on the roof, and there is also one on moodeys house when you thin that out in that area, i have gotten 3 out of the 4, so only the one on picture left, it is also shown on my map, but i am not able to get the green light to take picture of it

@madman1983, I can't get that one either.... hopefully someone can show us how to take the picture. I've tried with the mickey filled in and the mickey thinned out...