• Harvest
    • Shatter
    • Landfall
    • Monolith
    • Skyline
    • Daybreak
    • Outcast
    • Perditoin

I though I'd make a poll, see what the community thinks of the map packs based off of the concept art that has been released. Pick your favorite image.

Does anyone know how I can remove the "attached images" at the end of my post?

Anyways, the Crimson Map Pack is out this December.

Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.

Wreckage:

dlc1_wreckage.jpg

Shatter:

dlc1_shatter.jpg

and Harvest:

dlc1_harvest.jpg

In February, we'll see the Majestic Map Pack hit Live.

Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.

Monolith: dlc2_monolith.jpg

Landfall:

dlc2_landfall.jpg

and Skyline:

dlc2_skyline.jpg

The Castle Map pack will be released the following April.

Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

Perdition:

dlc3_perdition.jpg

Outcast:

dlc3_outcast.jpg

and Daybreak:

dlc3_daybreak.jpg

Edited by LickableLemons7

For me, it ultimately boiled down to Shatter, Outcast, and Daybreak, but I ultimately went for Outcast.

I can't wait for the Castle Map Pack. :p

But I appreciate how 343i/ Certain Affinity is adding more of the Halo universe through multiplayer using the Harvest map.

My hopes of a "Contact Harvest" game that straps you in the role of a younger Sgt. Johnson has slowly dissapated, but at least Harvest has been acknowledged through a multiplayer map.

For me, it ultimately boiled down to Shatter, Outcast, and Daybreak, but I ultimately went for Outcast. I can't wait for the Castle Map Pack. :p

But I appreciate how 343i/ Certain Affinity is adding more of the Halo universe through multiplayer using the Harvest map.

I like Daybreak a lot too, actually. Majestic Map Pack is going to be my most anticipated one :)

343 is using everything from the Halo Universe and implementing into Halo 4. I like that about them.

I think I'll wait until I see some real screens of these maps instead of retarded concept art.

I like the concept art, gives fans a little hint at what to expect and they look like classic sci-fi novel covers.

I like the Landfall one most sort of reminds me of a thunderbirds space craft hanger. I've heard that only the banshee is playable as a flying vehicle in 4's retail maps I so hope they give us hornets or falcons for this level.

Monolith but why are their concept art of DLC already? Or is the pre-order/LE/CE bonus maps?

Edit: DLC in Decemeber? Really... Now I hope it's pre-order/LE/CE maps and don't cost anything if they are 'cause that's a terrible practice. Obv if people can't afford to pre-order your game they don't have $10 USD to pay for a map pack. If they did they would've pre-ordered your game.

Edited by Dog Face

Monolith but why are their concept art of DLC already? Or is the pre-order/LE/CE bonus maps?

Edit: DLC in Decemeber? Really... Now I hope it's pre-order/LE/CE maps and don't cost anything if they are 'cause that's a terrible practice. Obv if people can't afford to pre-order your game they don't have $10 USD to pay for a map pack. If they did they would've pre-ordered your game.

no money? then dont buy it simple

Does anyone else think its kind of weird that they're revealing concept art on ALL (or at least the first 9 we know about) the maps?

The first pack is probably halfway done, but I kind of doubt that the other two packs are past the planning stage.

I just think that it's kind of strange to go "we need a map with a badass looking spire that will look kind of like this" rather than "we need a asymmetrical map that is large and answers the need for a vehicular onslaught"

EDIT: I do like monolith, but don't really have any idea what it would look like as a tangible map. So I voted for Harvest. I really like the color scheme, and the book was amazing so...

[spoiler=cryingblood]maybe Mack will recite poetry while the battles take place

Edited by Vectorman953

Getting the War Games Pass for sure, save me some money anyway. I voted for Skyline because the futuristic city setting has always appealed to me, and I think it could make a great multiplayer map if done right.

Hell yeah sounds like a cross between headlong and blade runner.