|11-25-2013, 02:03 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Warsaw, Poland
my personal strategy to boost up team skills related achievements (latest update)
If you are concentrating purely of getting achievements this is the fastest strategy I came up with.
First of all make sure you play only with those 3 characters: Engineer, berserker and zephyr in the order you like. The amount of abilities necessary to get the achievements are the following.
Berserker: 100 kills with berserker skill (personal skill), Multiple missile team skill (Team skill)
Zephyr: 50 wind swap (personal skill), 50 cyclone rush (Team skill)
Engineer: Build 100 Gatling or rocket launcher (personal skill), 50 ultimate weapon (Team skill)
Now is where the maths comes in: you have to perform a total of 150 team skills and a total of 250 personal skills, all associate with the B button. Play quick matches as they give you a margin of 15 minutes, and it’s easier to die, and therefore, to swap among characters.
As soon as you perform a team skill, you need around 3 minutes of cool down before you’ll be able to use that skill again for that character. the secret is to swap character fast and use some other character’s team skill while you wait for the initial one to cool down. Here is an example of how you should proceed:
1. Choose one character as a starting point (I use the engineer) and upgrade it till level 5 during the match (it takes around 4-5 minutes).
2. Perform the ultimate weapon team skill and once you’re done suicide or let the enemies kill you
3. Swap character, choose berserker. Since you are level 5 you’ll have the maximum amount of skill that it’s possible to unlock for that character and so you should have the multiple missile team available with the full gauge. Use it, die and repeat the process with the zephyr
4. Once you used the zephyr team skill, die and return to the engineer, the 3 minutes cooldown is gone and you can perform another ultimate weapon.
5. Rinse and repeat till you get the 3 team skill achievements.
6. Repeat the same strategy with the personal skills.
Personal skills are easy to perform because you can choose a character and stick to it until you get the achievement. Since the personal skills unlock randomly it might happen that you don’t have the personal skill you need for that character. So just swap to another one and stick to it for the full quick match.
In optimal situations, and giving little margins, you should be able to perform 7-8 team skills per quick match, plus some random personal skill. Giving as a fact that causalities plays a role I estimate you should be able to get all the 8 achievements you need in roughly 8 hours and 30 minutes of effective gameplay (not counting the matchmaking, etc..): 15 mins per match minus 4 mins to get to level 5 = 11 minutes of times per match to perform skills. 150 \ 7 skills per game * 11 minutes = 321 \ 60 = 5 hours and 31 minutes to get the team skills + the time for the personals that I roughly estimate in 3 additional hours of effective gameplay.
Worked for me!
Last edited by Siphon Filther; 11-25-2013 at 02:30 PM.
|11-25-2013, 06:59 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2007
That's part of it. I put some solutions up on TA for these, here you go:
TL;DR: Make sure you have 3 skill+ buffs, Team Skill Exp Up, and Shorten Cooldown on every character before you go crazy trying to do this. I average at least 5 team skill uses per character per co-op game. I start my games as the Berserker since his team skill only requires 2 other players, and I also have Experience Lv3 on his hat, so killing a few bots to get to level 5 as a Berserker is super easy.