Origins of Pain DLC Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Maka

Rights of use:

This guide is for the use of x360a.org only and may not be used without the permission of the Author or Website Admin.

Info:

• Please be aware that there may/will be Spoilers

• Constructive Criticism is always welcome

• Please keep your posts clean

• Any help is greatly appreciated

• Post your thoughts on where you would like to see more info added

Credit:

Everyone whose contributed to the guide!

Overview

+Estimated achievement difficulty: 8+/10 (Highly dependent on skill)

+Offline: 8 Achievements - 100 :gsicon: (All achievements can be unlocked alone and offline)

+Online: 0 Achievements - 0 :gsicon:

+Approximate amount of time to 100: 3-5+ Hours

+Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

+Number of missable achievements: N/A (You can revisit individual tracks.)

+Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheats

+Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes (Extreme tracks need to be played)

+Glitchy achievements? No

+Unobtainable achievements? No

Useful Links:

Original Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Download Link

DLC released on October 6, 2012

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1994/UP5sH8I=.jpg All Is Gold- 20 :gsicon:

Receive gold medals in all the Paine Island tracks and skill games.

There are a total of 31 tracks in the Origins of Pain DLC:

• 2 Beginner
  • 3 Easy
  • 9 Medium
  • 7 Hard
  • 3 Extreme
  • 5 Tournaments (Various Difficulties) [NOT necessary for the achievement]
  • 2 Skill Games

You will need to get a Gold medal on all the tracks, Extreme obviously being the hardest. There is a good amount of room for error however, and magic marker will definitely be the hardest for most people. Below are linked videos for the 4 hardest gold medals, just click the title to be taken to the video.

Also, there a thread by forum member "l Zleek l", that has an in-depth tutorial for many of the extreme levels, linked HERE.

Practice makes perfect for this achievement here, and forming good strategies with a lot of patience will eventually get you the achievement. Good Luck!

Edited by Maka

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1994/UPxNFnc=.jpg Hey Mom, Look At Me!- 10 :gsicon:

Wheelie through the Nuthouse in track “Carnival of Rust”

Probably the hardest achievement in the DLC pack. This can be accomplished on any of the bikes that can hold a wheelie [Gecko, Phoenix, Scorpion]. Players have mixed results with the bikes, but personally, I've found that the Phoenix is the best and easiest to use for this achievement, although all are valid options. You will need a lot of patience and practice for this achievement. As for tips, make sure to feather the gas and don't always go full throttle. You can lean back with a little throttle to really get that front wheel up. Also, for the last jump, you will basically have to land almost at a 90 degree angle with your back tire so that you don't slam down.

Good luck!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1994/UP2t7uQ=.jpg Epic Slam Dunk- 10 :gsicon:

Do the most epic slam dunk ever.

Choose:

Skill Games - Uphill Struggle

Now from the start you will need to get on the platform behind you. Go forward onto the ramp ahead, and let your bike roll down backwards to gain enough momentum to make the small gap. Once you get on the platform, it will begin to move backwards. Once it reaches the end, you bill see a hanging ball. Press :ybut: to bail off your bike, towards the ball, and then hold :ybut: to grab a hold of it. Once you do, your character will begin to fly to the top of the hill. Just control him making sure to land on the very top of the hill where the basketball is located. You do not need to score. Once the fireworks set off, the achievement will unlock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGDv078Xyc]Trials Evolution - Epic Slam Dunk Achievement Guide - Origins of Pain DLC - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1994/UP6K+uo=.jpg Extreme Pedaling- 10 :gsicon:

Complete track “Back to the Attic” with the Gecko 520.

You will need to unlock the track “Back to the Attic” in “Paine Island”. Once you do this, you will need to complete the track using the new Gecko 520 bike. This track is doable using this bike as it is quite fast and nimble, although a little tough to control. Just take your time and watch the video for checkpoint tips. Once you complete it (with any medal) you will get the achievement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5rMxvXNv4&feature=channel&list=UL]Trials Evolution - Extreme Pedaling Achievement Guide - Origins of Pain DLC - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1994/UP9qAnk=.jpg A Winner is You!- 10 :gsicon:

Get a platinum medal on a Paine Island track. Just one. Come on, you can do it!

This achievement isn't too bad although you will need to have some skill at the game. I recommend going for a Platinum while playing the beginner and easy tracks. The easiest track, in my opinion, is Cauldron Trail (Down and Dirty), which you will need to do under about 31.800 seconds. A video of that track can be viewed below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gbXUXaafr4&feature=channel&list=UL]Trials Evolution - A Winner is You! Achievement Guide - Origins of Pain DLC - YouTube[/ame]

Another option is the Advanced Degree Tournament and the Cannon Skill Game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1994/UPxFXdU=.jpg The Squirrels Have Rabies- 20 :gsicon:

Those sneaky squirrels are squeaking again. Can you find all the new squirrels on Paine Island?

There are 10 total squirrels that you will need to collect for this achievement. Finding a squirrel will show achievement progression. Once you find them all, the achievement unlocks.

The level names and where they can be located in the video are listed below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YC3RUfiCY0&feature=channel&list=UL]Trials Evolution - Squirrel Locations - Origins of Pain DLC - YouTube[/ame]

Carnival of Rust [

]

Jet Lag [

]

Buccaneer Bay [

]

High Level Degree [

]

The Big Dig [

]

Dry Dock [

]

Night Shift [

]

Toy Box [

]

Coliseum [

]

Aftermath [

]

Text descriptions for the squirrels can be found here: (Thanks to Nevander for compiling the list)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=390542

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1994/UP+ErPM=.jpg Advanced Degree- 10 :gsicon:

Pass the Adrenaline Degree Tournament with flying colors

Choose:

Tournaments 2 – Advanced Degree (Medium)

This is a very easy tournament and only involves 2 tracks, which last a little over one minute. I recommend using the Phoenix 250cc. The requirements aren't very specific, but you will need to do well, and get a Silver medal (or better) on the tournament. Once you complete the tournament, you will receive the achievement, and you can view the video below for more information:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYc353sTQT8]Trials Evolution - Advanced Degree Achievement Guide - Origins of Pain DLC - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1994/s999.jpg Secret Ops- 10 :gsicon:

Finish ‘Recon Rider’ while wearing something suitable, without faulting.

First off, you will need to equip the “Ghost Recon Helmet” in the garage under “My Rider”. Once you equip this helmet, choose the “Recon Rider” track in “Paine Island”. Any bike is ok, but the Scorpion is most stable under medium track circumstances. Just complete the track without any faults, and you will gain this achievement. The track should take around 40 seconds, and you can restart if you fault at any point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6SggELYMp0]Trials Evolution - Secret Ops (Secret) Achievement Guide - Origins of Pain DLC - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Maka

For Advanced Degree I got a silver with 2 faults and 1:18 and it still gave me the achievement. So you don't even need gold much less platinum.

Also, on the "Hey Mom Look at Me" achievement it would be helpful to know that if you touch your front wheel down the clown will laugh at you. Its helpful when your front wheel gets really close and your not sure if it touched down or not.

Edited by simssega

The Skill Game Hill Climb is impossible to gold!! Grrrrrrr

Difficulty 4/10 is a little generous, this DLC is a lot harder than the main game, all golds is brutal, especially skill games, and the wheely achievement is chaos. More a 6 or 7/10 IMO.

Edited by Evo Kazz

How the hell do you get on the platform behind you at the start of Uphill Struggle? That's no small gap...

This is what I wrote:

Go forward onto the ramp ahead, and let your bike roll down backwards to gain enough momentum to make the small gap.

If you're good enough, you can take almost your entire bike off the ramp, only leaving your back tire, and get super momentum when rolling backwards. I hope that makes sense!

I can get over there easily now, but now I can't get the achievement. I've went over and past the hoop I don't know how many times. Apparently hitting something messes up your afterburner or whatever so you have to do it again and again. Already tried 30+ times.

God I hate little mini-game type things in every game ever... they are so annoying.

I can get over there easily now, but now I can't get the achievement. I've went over and past the hoop I don't know how many times. Apparently hitting something messes up your afterburner or whatever so you have to do it again and again. Already tried 30+ times.

God I hate little mini-game type things in every game ever... they are so annoying.

Don't go past the hoop. Hit the hoop and have your character land in the little area.

I finally did it but holy hell it's picky. I was behind the hoop by an inch, didn't unlock. I was ON the hoop, didn't unlock. I landed directly in front of it and fell down, THEN it unlocks.

If you come close to the hoop you should get it IMO.

My tip: make sure to know when the top is coming and also make sure to instantly pull back and up on the stick so that you can correct for over-compensation. Under-compensation cannot be corrected lol...

Alright, so I've made good progress with this guide now.

I won't be updating it until tomorrow, but hopefully there's enough information here for most people to get most of the achievements!

Also, squirrel video is up!

The time for Platinum on that track is 00:31.800.

Thanks!

Edited by Maka

That wheelie one is a right pain in the arse.

I'm going to keep trying for a bit but if I can't do it then I'll wait for a guide or go download some custom tracks made for doing wheelies so I can practice. What makes this hard as hell though is that there are several jumps you must do while doing a wheelie.

My last achievement for 500:gsicon: too. :(

I agree with evokazz 4/10 is extremely generous I would say the dlc achievements in Evo look harder or just as hard as anything in HD. I would peg the dlc at a minimum of 6/10 for most people it will be 10/10. I think I'l get Marathon before I ever get good enough to gold those extreme tracks. This guide will be great help for every other achievement however thank you!

4/10 is a total joke - getting gold on all the extreme tracks for one of the achievements is a 9 or 10 all by itself. Just because (I assume) you're some kind of Trials god who is able to get these easily doesn't mean most people will be able to. Its meant to be an indication for the average gamer, and 4/10 with 2-4 hours makes it sound like its very easy. Very few people will ever full score this DLC.

Other than that though, nice guide.

Great guide mate. Sorry I wasn't around to help!

For 'Hey Mom, Look At Me!' the best and only bike that will get you through this is the Gecko. The nuthouse is the building you enter right at the end (should see some "nuthouse" letters above it). The good thing about it is there's a checkpoint right outside and on the floor in front of you is a think red line. So if you bail, just hit :bbut:.

Think of this as the starting point, so make sure you're doing a wheelie before you cross it. The best I've managed to get up to is the final slope. The first slope you fast is the hardest. Your best bet to doing this is to simply keep moving and don't stop.

Tap :abut: to keep the wheelie and is you lean too far back, this is the only time you should slow down, but during this you should be between little jumps, so you can change your posture to help.

Also a nice little thing you should add to the description. After you cross the red line, if at any point you hear a evil clown like laugh, it means your front tyre has touched the floor and you must restart from the checkpoint. So listen out for it.

Edited by Nozza

I agree with the people above me. The extreme tracks to most people are really hard to gold even with the number of faults you can have . Plus with that wheelie achievement I think it should be 8/10. I can get those things gold it's just going to take a hour for each track minimum.

EDIT- I just finished two of the extreme tracks gold fairly quickly. The only one that is very challenging is the magic marker one. The parts of the track that keep screwing me up are the ones where you have to jump from a line up to a another (One is almost going straight up and the other one is pretty flat).

Edited by Trendin

I found the platinum very easy to attain on the cannon mini game, you need under 5.000m. On the 2nd and 3rd shot make sure to bail 3 quarters of the way through the 2nd flip. You'll have more than enough momentum.

The wheelie one seems easier on the Gecko, I haven't attained the achievement yet but from some trying before bed last night.

Bunny hop on first jump to hit top of ramp then slow down, bunny hop again to hit the ramp halfway up and accelerate to the end, I kept messing up near the end, just listen out for the clowns laugh.

Also the new extreme tracks are easier than previous extremes.

Edited by Damoss