Agent Hunt is fun and has potential

VerifyedRasta

Unfortunately, it suffers from many problems. I can make a quick list:

1. AI partner

No one likes to pick a fight with the AI... ever. You'd know this from playing Left 4 Dead or any other game that has you trying to kill an AI that has a gun. But the problem is even bigger in RE because the AI CANNOT DIE! So what's the point??? The human player basically has an invincible, psychic partner with perfect aim. Not fun for us creatures... not one bit!

2. Infinite ammo and/or Magnum

This is self-explanatory I'd think... L4D does an OK job of balancing the sides so the game is fun for both sides. RE... not so much with this. Why enable Agent Hunt if you're gonna use the infinite ammo cheat anyway??

(I'm a huge L4D player, so excuse me if I make references to it a lot in this thread. This mode is obviously similar to L4D)

3. Hardly any options at all

No way to pick what campaign you want to jump into. No way to see a list of campaigns currently being played and whether or not it contains a coop pair or player/AI. Kinda dumb if you ask me

4. Insufficient congratulations...

If you actually do manage to kill the agent. Guess what your reward is: A few good words and a boot back to the menu. No option to continue playing with the person you just tried so hard to kill, no way to tell whether or not the agent even wants to continue playing... nothing. It's a big slap in the face.

These problems are what make this mode horrible, but without these I could see it being a very fun mode to play. What do you guys think of the mode? Love it? Hate it? I'd like to know.

(Also, for people complaining about the awkward controls when playing as a zombie............... YOU'RE A ZOMBIE!! You shouldn't be in full control anyhow)

I'd like to also add that there's the fact that you get the people farming Leon ch2 for skill points 95% of the time. I played the mode for prolly 3 hours yesterday and all of 4 times I got a different room than someone farming. And one of those 4 times I got a Jake who was farming The people playing on Agent Hunt with his friend. One player camped each enemy spawn area.

Yeah, you know me, being the big L4D fan I am I instantly went head over heels for this mode. Unfortunately, it just didn't deliver, but I know it has the potential to. I think this mode was just rushed tbh.

I'd like to also add that there's the fact that you get the people farming Leon ch2 for skill points 95% of the time. I played the mode for prolly 3 hours yesterday and all of 4 times I got a different room than someone farming. And one of those 4 times I got a Jake who was farming The people playing on Agent Hunt with his friend. One player camped each enemy spawn area.

Hmmm... this is a good point. I had no idea we, as creatures, dropped skill points when killed (but I guess it only makes sense). You say skill point farming happens 95% of the time, luckily every agent hunt I've played people were actually trying to progress (The new players I assume). As this game gets older, skill point farming will become a huge issue then.

I have to agree, it's fun until some people use infinite ammo, especially the grenade launcher with cryo rounds or whatever they're called.

And lol at AI Piers, snipes you across the map.

Also, I wonder why there's no skillpoints for playing creature...

I guess I'm gonna stick with other modes for now, sometimes it just gets too frustrating when people are just camping you in purpose.

@EmZero

As you mentioned, no skill points for playing as a creature really blows! I think we should be rewarded in some way for killing a player...

Also, I want to add some things to my list:

CUTSCENES!! There are so many cutscenes in RE games and it seems after each one you're killed off and forced to respawn. It really kills the mood. The greatest part about L4D multiplayer is that there are no cutscenes.

Another thing can be described in two words:

FIELD MEDIC!! This goes with point number 1 on my list, i suppose, as it only works when the player has an AI partner. So with this skill, not only is the AI character invincible, the player (as long as the AI npc is with him/her which they are 90% of the time) simply cannot die. He/she will be brought back from dying status forever and ever until they either beat the chapter or you quit...

The whole being brought back from dying status also goes with a next problem I want to mention:

I-frames (Invincibility frames) RE 4-6 has been littered with these i-frames. When a player is performing almost any action they cannot be touched, this includes resurrecting another player. I had an agent jump back and forth between a ledge, I'm guessing to grief me, and there was nothing I could do about it...