Borderlands 2 introduces Gearbox Software 'Shift'

DividedbyN1ght

Gearbox Software Shift is described as an online account service, where players can "redeem Shift Codes to unlock exclusive content for Borderlands 2." The manual goes one further by hinting at a Golden Loot Chest in the game whose contents are "only available through something called a 'Shift Code.'"

Elsewhere, the codes in question are referred to as "Gearbox Software Shift Codes," rather than specifically for Borderlands 2, implying that other Gearbox titles may become part of this infrastructure. So far, no related web site exists for sign-ups, and other details about potential Shift features haven't yet been posted; while it may resemble third-party in-game reward services like Ubisoft's U-Play, it could also resemble the Gearbox Labs data accumulation service.

The only way Gearbox has officially acknowledged Shift thus far is in a forum posting by Gearbox Community Manager Chris Faylor:

"Attending a Gearbox event is just one example of the many ways we could possibly distribute such codes. I can't imagine us limiting distribution to physical proximity, especially with such a passionate community located all throughout the world."

Update: A 2K Games representative has clarified that Gearbox Shift is "simillar to Rockstar's Social Club," allowing players to redeem in-game digital material and interact with each other. "We're not talking about any future games this feature will be available for," the rep continued, "but it likely will be integrated into others."

The site for this should be up.

https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/

scroll down using the slider on the right hand side.....to fool it into thinking you read the whole thing...it should 'ungrey' at that point and let you check it

I... umm... HAVE? It doesn't fucking work dude. It doesn't ungrey at all. I've tried everything and the damn thing won't let me register. Can't accept the pointless agreement LOOL.

Is it because I am using Firefox? If so that is retarded. I don't like using IE and I don't have Chrome because I frankly haven't heard anything good about it and it sounds overrated.

I... umm... HAVE? It doesn't fucking work dude. It doesn't ungrey at all. I've tried everything and the damn thing won't let me register. Can't accept the pointless agreement LOOL.

Is it because I am using Firefox? If so that is retarded. I don't like using IE and I don't have Chrome because I frankly haven't heard anything good about it and it sounds overrated.

Yes I think it is because you're using Firefox.

Yes I think it is because you're using Firefox.

It might be....I use Chrome and it worked. I hate IE as well, but find for a couple sites I have to use it for things to display properly.

Maybe open it in IE just to accept the agreement and register and then go back and see if FF works with no issues.

I have issues with some pages too, I'm a Firefox user. I just use a addon called IE +, which let's you pick an option when you right click on a page, to Render that tab in IE format, still within your Firefox browser.

Yeah, I don't much like IE myself, but from time to time, you gotta ask the Devil for help, lol!

You shouldn't need to link your account. After you set up your account go to the extras part of the main menu, in there go to shift and log in. After you do all this you should get another golden key. As for the people that can't set the account up I'm not sure what to tell you, I did it using my iPhone.

You shouldn't need to link your account. After you set up your account go to the extras part of the main menu, in there go to shift and log in. After you do all this you should get another golden key. As for the people that can't set the account up I'm not sure what to tell you, I did it using my iPhone.

Well, I've tried in Firefox, IE, AND my iPad, all no go. The website is janky, probably bogged down because everyone and their momma is trying to use it. I'm constantly getting "Timed out at Authentication" errors