Tip for Monacus Spender

I was working on the Single Player achievements, and I grinded out until I had just Monacus Spender (Spend 250,000 Energon at the Teletraan 1 Store) left to unlock. I had just below 18,000 Energon on me, and so I thought about which level had quickest access to a Store. I decided level XIII was fastest, so I booted it up.

Upon starting the level, I walked forward, destroying 600 points-worth of Energon boxes, then went to the store. I spent my Energon (now at 18,100) on consumables (the 1200 one and the 600 one, back and forth) until I was out. I then proceeded to reload the checkpoint as I had 100 left. Upon reloading, my Energon count reset to just below 18,000. Slightly irked, I broke the Energon boxes again, and started to respend the Energon. About 5400 Energon in, the achievement popped!

For those of you who look and say "tl;dr," the short version is, if you spend your Energon on the Store in Chapter XIII (it's the only one, at the very beginning), press start and reload last checkpoint, and repeat, it makes this grind very fast! Hope I helped!

Note: A huge chunk of the Energon is spent unlocking everything, so my advice is don't start this until you unlock everything else, as I think permanent (not consumable) items permanently decrease your Energon, even without crossing a checkpoint.

I tried it and it didn't work for me, so I just lost 30,000 energon. Great...:(

You spent it on Consumables, right? You get money back from the consumables....weapons/upgrades/perks are permanent, thus you won't get any energon back from restarting.

If you bought consumables, maybe this was what they patched?

Edit: Also, does anyone have a good way to earn energon quickly? Restarting chapter 13 over and over for the crates?

Edit: Also, does anyone have a good way to earn energon quickly? Restarting chapter 13 over and over for the crates?

I've read that simply Playing the Campaign again will probably earn enough to unlock everything you need, assuming you didn't spend all your Robot Dollars on consumables and lockers in your first playthrough.

But If you don't want to do it that way, I'm finding I can earn 7,000 - 10,000 in around 12 minutes on Chapter 8. Bruticus racks up the Dollars, and at the Very End don't destroy the two cannons shooting at you right away. By Leaving them for a couple minutes you get 10-15 Shotgunners(Worth twice as much Energon) to spawn.

Theres also a secret area before you jump on the Combaticon Dropship at the Second AA Cannon where you can get 6 more boxes of dollars, and will spawn 5 more enemies to destroy(Directions in Spoiler tag).

[spoiler=Secret Area]Facing the Cannon, Look to the left and you'll see a ledge with stuff on it. You have to boost in Vehicle mode from the top level and transform mid-air and then grapple on the the lower level beneath the ledge and then climb your way up.

If you intend to repeat chapter 8, make sure to complete it completely to save your Robot Dollars.

Edited by ZingZitang

worked for me. started the level with 20k and halfway thru my 2nd reload it popped.

I think when you buy characters for multi that counts as well because aside from buying everything once on the campaign i never spent any money, but yesterday a bought quite a few things while playing multi.

Edited by DreddPirate Rob

I'm glad that this was helpful to you all!

As for recommended levels for Energon, I don't know if it's personal preference or if there's really something here, but I felt like I got quite a bit of Energon on the level below the Energon transport (Chapter VII, I think; the one with Swindle driving around below it). There's a lot of boxes around the edges of the map throughout the entire level, each titan at the end (two total) nets you 500 Energon for an easy kill (if you have the Chaos Rift Combuster on Easy), the number of Autobot cars are infinite, and the level is really short.

If you don't want to grind a specific level or use my trick, I would recommend just playing through the Single Player an extra time or two to knock this one out. The story's fun, the characters are interesting, and who doesn't love raising all sorts of chaos towards the end (although I don't think it nets you any Energon)?

and who doesn't love raising all sorts of chaos towards the end (although I don't think it nets you any Energon)?

I think the only parts you don't get much Energon are the when you're destroying the Tow Cables, Fighting Bruticus, and the Final Fight. I know when you control Bruticus and Soundwave you get lots or Robot Dollars.

So is this confirmed to screw things up for you if you do this early without having everything in the store unlocked or not? As a few of you have reported issues like not being able to rate things or gathering energon later...I don't want to run into this rut if I can avoid it.

I think the only parts you don't get much Energon are the when you're destroying the Tow Cables, Fighting Bruticus, and the Final Fight. I know when you control Bruticus and Soundwave you get lots or Robot Dollars.

I never really noticed a change in my amount of money when playing as Grimlock. It just seemed like all the Energon was replaced with Rage Meter refill crystals.

For me the best place for energon was level 5 " Cut and Run " start level on easy and once you get to the point were shoot the cable to make a bridge. There is one of those teletran stations and about 1600 energon cubes in boxes. Once you pull the door open die and restart the level but before you do change the difficulty to hard (so you can die faster next go around). Collect your 1500-1600 energon cubes and rinse and repeat I timed this with loading and its 1500-1600pts in 1min. I was able to do it alittle faster at times if I grappled the second part of the bridge were the enemys were so they could kill me faster. I know it isnt much but it doesnt require you to do much and it almost equals out to what people are saying the get with grimlock and bruticus with less work.