Duplication glitch - Post patch June 15th

Video won't work. Does it work for anyone else?

The gist if it is: Say Player1 is duping, put the item in the dispenser as you would normally and hold A so the item looks like it's flashing (as it's being taken in and out) whilst holding A get player2 to smash the dispenser as normal and there should be 2 of the item you put in left on the floor. Then just do as you would with the original glitch, spread the items out in a chest using the place one feature.

Not 100 percent success rate as, I'm guessing, due to holding A and the item may not be in the dispenser when it breaks. If it fails just retry 'til it works.

Hope this helps.

Nice one for posting this vid by the way.

I tried it, and managed top get the video working, and the player who is holding the A button, its just stops when the other player starts hittin the dispenser. Will clearing the cache, then duping stuff and adding the update work? If it does, I'll dupe that way. So much easier.

EDIT: I got it to work, and it turns out you can't put it anywhere other than your own inventory. My missus tried to give it to me by throwing it on the floor and none of us could pick it up.

EDIT 2: Right, in case anyone else is wondering, you CAN clear your cache, play offline and do the old dupe glitch. So long as you have a 2nd controller. I only did this so I could dupe some Obsidian. I spent 4 hrs doing it legit and it gets bloody boring. Especially when you plan to build an Obsidian Fortress amongst the clouds on a mountain.

Edited by DecadentBeaver

I tried it, and managed top get the video working, and the player who is holding the A button, its just stops when the other player starts hittin the dispenser. Will clearing the cache, then duping stuff and adding the update work? If it does, I'll dupe that way. So much easier.

EDIT: I got it to work, and it turns out you can't put it anywhere other than your own inventory. My missus tried to give it to me by throwing it on the floor and none of us could pick it up.

EDIT 2: Right, in case anyone else is wondering, you CAN clear your cache, play offline and do the old dupe glitch. So long as you have a 2nd controller. I only did this so I could dupe some Obsidian. I spent 4 hrs doing it legit and it gets bloody boring. Especially when you plan to build an Obsidian Fortress amongst the clouds on a mountain.

pretty sure this resets your leaderboards...

Just so everyone knows, this trick works as of June 20. Took me a while to get it right, but as said above it worked best for me when I the host destroyed the dispenser, and the guest duplicated the item.

Thank you soooo much for the video!!!!! =3

Finally figured out how to make this work. Put the item in the dispenser and push 'A' until you can get the item to 'flicker'. The other person then destroys the chest. As long as you can manage to make one duplicate, you can get unlimited resources.

I duplicated 1 iron ore into 2. One sat permanently on the floor, every time I ran over it, I picked it up (even though it still remained on the floor). In my inventory was magically 64 of that item. Put it into storage chest, rinse and repeat.

I found you can repeatedly just walk over the item and 64 appear in your inventory, this would probably work with anything. I got it to work on several different items. This helped out greatly when I was building a random minecart system.

I've tried the glitch and it does work..... on occasion.

Here are problems I've had so far:

1. holding down A before other player starts to destroy dispenser causes item to stop flickering although pressing the button down again does flicker it in and out again.

2. Item being duplicated falls through the map, becoming lost without duplication and gone forever.

3. Dispenser, rarely, either disappears or duplicates.

4. Items no longer duplicate after 3-4 previous (different) items have been duplicated.

5. blocks do not duplicate as easily as items (i.e. diamonds duplicate more frequently that diamond blocks, same for gunpowder and TNT and glowstone dust and glowstone).

These are the main issues I have found (with 4 being the most annoying)

Has anyone else had these problems?

As far as I can tell the item needs to be in the exact moment of being removed when the dispenser is destroyed, this causes the item to duplicate and all is well.

Where if the items is being placed it is lost, if it is fixed (either in or out of the dispenser) then it is dropped.

Might just be me?

Right I've tested out the duplication glitch even MOAR (lol) and as it goes it seems that If the item is in the middle it's more likely to glitch out to the void, but in the bottom left corner it's more likely to duplicate.

also host breaking and guest duping is more effective as well.

Still asides from breaking my world (freezing) it works a bit better that I mentioned earlier, although items still dupe more than blocks??? odd, but never mind.