Max Payne 3 FAQ

Nevander

Since I have been constantly seeing duplicate threads and people asking virtually the same questions, let's begin an FAQ.

Post any questions you have here about the game and I will add them to the list of questions and answers. If there are any errors, let me know in a post and I will correct them ASAP.

---

Q: Does Hard/Soft Lock aiming disable achievements?

A: It only disables the achievements for beating the game on Hard, Old School, Hardcore, and NYM Hardcore; it also affects the achievements with [FREE AIM] in the description.

Q: How do I carry golden guns to MP?

A: Once you have all 3 parts for one gun, in the Arsenal menu in MP, modify a weapon and you will see 'Tint.'

Q: Does NYM have to be done in one sitting?

A: No.

Q: Does NYM Hardcore have to be done in one sitting with no deaths?

A: Yes, it does.

Q: Aiming seems to be too fast and uncontrollable, how can I make it easier to handle?

A: Try adjusting your aiming acceleration to around 3-4, that seems to make it much more controllable.

Q: Where can I find a guide of all painkiller locations?

A: CLICK ME!

Q: Can you earn XP in single-player?

A: Yes, by completing the SP grinds as well as obtaining medals in Arcade modes.

Q: How do you skip cutscenes?

A: Not quite sure how skipping works, some can be instantly skipped while others cannot. Your best bet is to either have patience and watch them or doing something else while they are playing.

Q: Can you obtain the complete game on [difficulty here] by using chapter select?

A: No, a new game must be started.

Q: Do you lose collectables (clues, golden guns) when starting a new game?

A: No you do not.

Q: When are the complete part [#] achievements given?

A: Part I is around chapter 6, Part II is around 9-10, and Part III is right when you complete the game.

Q: When do you swap discs?

A: Chapter VII.

Q: I am stuck at the final boss! Help?

A: Visit THIS THREAD.

Q: I was randomly dashboarded? What gives?

A: It is a rare glitch apparently.

Q: I have a black screen and cannot see anything?

A: Try reloading checkpoint. If that does not fix it, exit the game or dashboard.

Q: Is there a point to the pianos scattered around the game?

A: Yes! Visit THIS THREAD.

Q: What is the "Ticker Activity" option in MP do?

A: This controls how often kills and such are displayed in the bottom left of your screen during MP matches.

Q: If I happen to change aiming type during game, will I still get the achievements for completing the game on [difficulty here]?

A: Sadly no, you must begin a fresh game. Changing aim type mid-playthrough will mess up the entire run.

Q: Can XP be earned in private matches?

Q: Can a party of 8 enter into a public game of, say Deathmatch and boost?

A: Yes!

Q: At the end of Chapter 12, I keep failing because the building collapses, what do I do?

A: There is an invisible time limit to that section, just keep trying and kill everyone as quickly as you can.

Q: Where can I find a guide for collectables and good farming spots for the SP grinds?

A: Visit the Achievement Guide and Roadmap for all your needs.

Q: Does Becker fire his grenades off at random moments or at specific intervals?

A: The first 3, yes. The fourth one, varies. Don't venture outside the boundaries or it'll throw off the guaranteed timing of grenade 2 and 3. See post for full details. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5092611&postcount=185

Q: Does the animation of Max shooting people in the head after melee count as a melee kill or as melee hits?

A: Each time you hit and shoot counts for one melee kill.

Q: Do you have last stand in Old School?

Q: Is NYM Hardcore actually on Hardcore difficulty?

A: No, it is actually on Medium. What makes it Hardcore is that you must do it in one sitting without dying.

Q: Not all the songs featured in the game are on the OST, where can I find these remaining songs?

A: http://www.payneforums.com/index.php/topic,217.0.html

Q: What was that awesome track playing during the airport terminal area?

A: That would be Tears by Health.

---

CREDITS:

Hurricane of 87

Edited by Nevander
Added credits, more questions.