Warning about saving in this game...

FLIPADELPHIIA

Just thought Id let people know before they make a huge mistake like I did. The games autosave overwrites your main save. It doesnt count as a checkpoint, and theres only 1 save slot. So anytime you enter a door with a loading screen or complete a quest, it WILL overwrite your main save and you will not be able to reload after that unless you reload checkpoint, and a checkpoint is the last time youve slept at an in. Also, theres no "load last save" option during the game. Theres only load checkpoint. So if you make a mistake such as a follower dying or you used an item you wherent supposed to, DONT GO INTO ANY DOORS. It will overwrite your main save. Just go to "quit and return to title screen". Thats the only way to load your actual save in game. You should be sleeping at inns frequently anyways to refresh your pawns server status, but theres also no quick travel so you have to walk everywhere and nothing is close. So chances are, your checkpoint is going to be a while back. Just manually save your game frequently and dash or quit to title if you make a mistake. Lastly, if you want to save the game at crucial parts that conflict achievements, right before you make a choice that you think interferes with an achievement, make a save and then transfer that save to a USB so you can start from that point later on and continue playing your current save without having to do it all over. If I find a sort of "this choice or that choice" that effects two different achievements, Ill post. Hope this save someone the aggravation of figuring it out on there own :)

Edited by FLIPADELPHIIA

just thought id let people know before they make a huge mistake like i did. The games autosave overwrites your main save. It doesnt count as a checkpoint, and theres only 1 save slot. So anytime you enter a door with a loading screen or complete a quest, it will overwrite your main save and you will not be able to reload after that unless you reload checkpoint, and a checkpoint is the last time youve slept at an in. Also, theres no "load last save" option during the game. Theres only load checkpoint. So if you make a mistake such as a follower dying or you used an item you wherent supposed to, dont go into any doors. It will overwrite your main save. Just go to "quit and return to title screen". Thats the only way to load your actual save in game. You should be sleeping at inns frequently anyways to refresh your pawns server status, but theres also no quick travel so you have to walk everywhere and nothing is close. So chances are, your checkpoint is going to be a while back. Just manually save your game frequently and dash or quit to title if you make a mistake. Hope this save someone the aggravation of figuring it out on there own :)

thanks a bunch man

Just thought Id let people know before they make a huge mistake like I did. The games autosave overwrites your main save. It doesnt count as a checkpoint, and theres only 1 save slot. So anytime you enter a door with a loading screen or complete a quest, it WILL overwrite your main save and you will not be able to reload after that unless you reload checkpoint, and a checkpoint is the last time youve slept at an in. Also, theres no "load last save" option during the game. Theres only load checkpoint. So if you make a mistake such as a follower dying or you used an item you wherent supposed to, DONT GO INTO ANY DOORS. It will overwrite your main save. Just go to "quit and return to title screen". Thats the only way to load your actual save in game. You should be sleeping at inns frequently anyways to refresh your pawns server status, but theres also no quick travel so you have to walk everywhere and nothing is close. So chances are, your checkpoint is going to be a while back. Just manually save your game frequently and dash or quit to title if you make a mistake. Lastly, if you want to save the game at crucial parts that conflict achievements, right before you make a choice that you think interferes with an achievement, make a save and then transfer that save to a USB so you can start from that point later on and continue playing your current save without having to do it all over. If I find a sort of "this choice or that choice" that effects two different achievements, Ill post. Hope this save someone the aggravation of figuring it out on there own :)

Thanks for the info, I'll be carefull =P

Not always it depends.

If the game happens to give you a checkpoint, then reloading will bring you back there. Other than that, its the last inn you slept at. I test this numerous times. If you happened to save at the same point the game gives you a checkpoint then yes you will start from where you saved, but its not loading your save. its loading the checkpoint.

If the game happens to give you a checkpoint, then reloading will bring you back there. Other than that, its the last inn you slept at. I test this numerous times. If you happened to save at the same point the game gives you a checkpoint then yes you will start from where you saved, but its not loading your save. its loading the checkpoint.

I believe that riftstones also create checkpoints.

i didn't want to start a new thread just for this questions and it has to do with saves also:

If i create a new game when that new game saves will it totaly overwrite my current game? so in other words only one character ever can be had? anyone tried that?

i didn't want to start a new thread just for this questions and it has to do with saves also:

If i create a new game when that new game saves will it totaly overwrite my current game? so in other words only one character ever can be had? anyone tried that?

Yep that is how it works. It's unfortunate but Capcom always does this with save games.

Just reading thru the forums as my game installs, glad I did. This seems kind of an inconvienience. One of the primary rules of RPG gaming is to make MULTIPLE SAVES. Even a single slot wouldn't be that bad, if the auto save was separate. And one save for a profile, period, is just plain BS. But thank you for the word of caution.

Yea, only one save per gamerprofile.

haha guess i shouldn't have named my pawn a bad word then since all i see walking around are astrics for a name, at least online people can see the moniker i used instead of astrics or something. (no clue how to spell astrics)

thanks for the heads-up though on saves!

*=asterisk

he meant this Asterix *

http://marksarvas.blogs.com/.a/6a00d834515c2769e20120a68f898d970c-800wi

*yes,that's a joke...and so is using this Asterisk to say that:p

back on topic though...

do you think it really was Capcom's intention to have this joke of a save system?..i think they should patch a better one in,i swear if its not one thing with Capcom games its another

he meant this Asterix *

*yes,that's a joke...and so is using this Asterisk to say that:p

back on topic though...

do you think it really was Capcom's intention to have this joke of a save system?..i think they should patch a better one in,i swear if its not one thing with Capcom games its another

They tried to copy DarkSouls with the save thing along with a lot of other things.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up, im just about to start playing this game

there is a creative solution around that. You can copy your save file and move it around. I can use my cloud save as 1 character, and my hard drive as another. I have not tried USB or anything like that, but I assume it works as well.

Technically it allows you to have a second save if you want. It is annoying to deal with obviously since you have to go to your storage settings and copy it.

there is a creative solution around that. You can copy your save file and move it around. I can use my cloud save as 1 character, and my hard drive as another. I have not tried USB or anything like that, but I assume it works as well.

Technically it allows you to have a second save if you want. It is annoying to deal with obviously since you have to go to your storage settings and copy it.

That's what I do. My main save file is stored in the pendrive and my backup is in the HDD.