08-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
The world of Vana'diel stands at the brink of war. Three powerful nations, united in their plight against the beastmen forces, look to their last hope -- brave adventurers like you! Will the beastmen gain the upper hand, and thrust the once-peaceful Vana'diel into another war? Step into the world of Vana'diel and journey forth on grand adventures with players from all across the globe! FINAL FANTASY XI is the first online game in the award-winning FINAL FANTASY series. How you play is up to you, with limitless possibilities for adventure. Set out on your own to discover the countless secrets of Vana'diel, or form a party with your friends to purge the beastman forces and bring home sensational spoils!
- First massively multiplayer online role-playing game in the renowned FINAL FANTASY series.
- First cross-platform massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) which allows gamers to connect to the same gaming world–whether they are playing on a PlayStation 2 or a PC.
- From one of three starting nations, players can partake in conquests to elevate their nation's standing, missions to build their reputation within a nation, and quests to discover useful items, earn money, and uncover valuable information and discover more about the story of Vana'diel.
- Customize characters with a host of physical traits and jobs. Gain the ability to equip and switch support jobs at any time.
- Participate in special quests or missions to unlock exciting new jobs such as "Dark Knight," "Summoner," and "Ninja."
- Experience a complex yet well-balanced battle system fit for beginners and experienced gamers alike. Perform strategic attacks using magic, job abilities, and weapon skills.
- More than 100 areas to explore including mountains, forests, ice plains, deserts, oceans, rivers, castles, and dungeons.
- Live in a persistent world with time and climate changes that range from full day/night cycles to desert sandstorms, thunderstorms, fog, and snow.
- Players will be able to play at their own pace and form parties by utilizing various integrated communication tools, including easy-to-use PlayOnline Chat and PlayOnline Mail.
- Retention of the same visual style and deep storylines that have become a staple of the FINAL FANTASY series.
- Includes the PlayOnline Viewer software that contains communication tools, access to support, customization tools, and games including the enhanced online version of the Tetra Master card game from FINAL FANTASY IX.
- Includes 'Rise of the Zilart' expansion pack containing new areas and features to explore. Explore incredible landscapes including mountains, forests, ice plains, etc.
56/63 Retails Completed
15/17 Arcades Completed
GS Completion %: 97.76
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
"Don't hate, perpetuate!"