Extra Riddle difficulty in SH2

Hello, can anybody tell me how to unlock extra riddle dificulty?

I finished game with riddle level easy normal and hard, but nothing unlocked.

Just pick Hard again. I've never understood this about the game but for some reason once you beat those three riddle difficulties, whenever you pick Hard afterwards it randomly chooses between Hard and Extra. I was fortunate enough to have it choose Extra for me when I chose Hard again while going through the game for the fourth time.

As much as they ruined this HD Collection, you would have thought they would have been nice enough to include the option to choose between Hard and Extra.

• 1 year later...

Right can anyone actually confirm how you get Extra riddle difficulty because I've played through three times now, first on Normal, second on Easy and third on Hard and don't seem to have it.

I've read several different methods of how you apparently get it but would just like to know which one of them has been proven to work.

The first method is just to simply beat the game on all three difficulties (action difficulty irrelevant) just making sure to start a new game using the results save file that you've beaten all the difficulties on and then selecting Hard difficulty (done this and no success).

The second method is similar to the first method but instead (as the post above says) is that the game randomly chooses whether to give you Extra or Hard difficulty and if you get Hard then just start a new game again until you get it (done this six times and no success).

The third method is to have separate result save files for each difficulty and to load each one before starting a new game (haven't tried this because I don't have separate result save files).

The fourth method is to apparently play the difficulties in order... Easy, Normal then Hard (haven't tried this).

So yeh... anyone please?

Right can anyone actually confirm how you get Extra riddle difficulty because I've played through three times now, first on Normal, second on Easy and third on Hard and don't seem to have it.

I've read several different methods of how you apparently get it but would just like to know which one of them has been proven to work.

The first method is just to simply beat the game on all three difficulties (action difficulty irrelevant) just making sure to start a new game using the results save file that you've beaten all the difficulties on and then selecting Hard difficulty (done this and no success).

The second method is similar to the first method but instead (as the post above says) is that the game randomly chooses whether to give you Extra or Hard difficulty and if you get Hard then just start a new game again until you get it (done this six times and no success).

The third method is to have separate result save files for each difficulty and to load each one before starting a new game (haven't tried this because I don't have separate result save files).

The fourth method is to apparently play the difficulties in order... Easy, Normal then Hard (haven't tried this).

So yeh... anyone please?

You need to beat it on all riddle difficulties. After that, whenever you Select Hard riddle difficulty, it will randomly choose between Hard and Extra.

You need to beat it on all riddle difficulties. After that, whenever you Select Hard riddle difficulty, it will randomly choose between Hard and Extra.

Ok cool thanks, well after ten or so attempts at starting on Hard difficulty I still haven't got it, I'll just play through the game a couple more times and keep changing the difficulties I guess in case for some reason the game didn't recognize that I've finished it on all three difficulties on the same save file. Why they couldn't just just add the Extra difficulty into the menu anyway is beyond me.

• 6 months later...

Can anyone confirm that it "randomly" chooses between Hard and Extra? I got the UFO ending with Extra, it says so in my save file. I load up the result of that game, and start again on Hard action, Hard riddle. About 3 times in a row it shows up as Hard riddle and not Extra. I have no interest in replaying the game 3 times unnecessarily just to "re-unlock" Extra for my 10* run.