"Forces of Nature" DLC

AdHominem

Edit:

The Forces of Nature DLC hits on Mar 27 for 800 MSP (free for Season Pass Owners)

thanks to Enjie:

The Achievements can be found here:

From the Frontpage (click me)

and here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=360778

New Weapon Skins can be found here (Thanks to Aqua18):

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=362630

thanks to Riphade 1:

Guardian will now SHARE ALL of it's medals with the exception of "Rescue".

- It won't work in Guardian as you can't actually capture the Leader

- Not sure on the "Capture" medal yet

Guardian matches will now count as CTL matches.

- i.e. You can have 2,000 matches in CTL and 1,000 in Guardian for your Onyx.

Still, only those who purchase or download the "Forces of Nature" DLC can play Guardian.

Also, the Leader will have the same X-Ray vision as you would in CTL.

thanks to Blerbman:

So basically, all we're getting is 5 maps (Jacinto, Raven's Down, Cove, Artillery and Aftermath), "elemental cleavers" for Horde mode and characters/weapon skins.

thanks to collin232:

4 skins (LE commando dom, LE savage elite grenadier, LE mechanic baird, and savage hunter) and 7 weapon skins, 5 available to use immediately and 2 unlockable.

thanks to lemonlacerater:

cove(beach map), artillery( missile silo), jacinto, raven down, and aftermath (a park after a tsunami). all maps will have weather type elements to them. (like tsunami, or snowstorm)

From our Site:

In addition to this, the DLC also includes Easter Eggs that offer up both Achievements and special new weapons, called Elemental Cleavers. These are hidden around the maps. Achievements are offered for finding them and getting 25 kills with each in Horde or Beast mode. There are 10 new achievements in total, for 250 Gamerscore.

Link: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10869-Gears-3-Forces-of-Nature-DLC-HIts-in-March--Epic-Not-Ruling-Out-Potential-of-More.html

Edited by AdHominem
new Info

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching right now.

Jacinto is back.

Edit: LMAO... They used the render for the Savage Creeper when announcing the Savage Hunter.

So basically, all we're getting is 5 maps (Jacinto, Raven's Down, Cove, Artillery and Aftermath), "elemental cleavers" for Horde mode and characters/weapon skins.

No Beast content, as far as I know.

Edited by Blerbman

DLC includes the 5 maps above, 4 skins (LE commando dom, LE savage elite grenadier, LE mechanic baird, and savage hunter) and 7 weapon skins, 5 available to use immediately and 2 unlockable. There are also the elemental cleavers, which are easter eggs on the different maps, all of which are tied into achievements. DLC comes out March 27.

Edited by collin232

There had better be something to this DLC that they haven't let on about yet. "New" characters, weapon skins and 3 new maps (2 old), and cleavers? I was hoping for a little more than a map/skin pack. I'm really disappointed they didn't add something for Beast because it needs more waves and there are still open spots for different locusts you can be.

Nope.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/02/17/gears-of-war-3s-forces-of-nature-dlc-revealed-on-gt-tv/

That's a link to all the information.

I love how stupid Epic has been with the Savage Marauder and Hunter. Seriously, does anyone proof-read this shit?

Another Epic fail...

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/files/2012/02/Gears3ForcesofNatureCharacters.jpg

As far as I am concerned, this new pack looks like shit. Re-hashed MP skins, more weapons skins that I could care less about, and a few new maps. Maps are great and all, but ehh. I could take it or leave it. The elemental cleavers sound cheesey.

Not excited anymore. New beast content would have been kickass.

In addition to the maps, Fergusson revealed to GT.TV that the DLC will include a few Easter Eggs of sorts – four special weapons hidden in the maps called “Elemental Cleavers”. As an example of what you can expect, you'll be able to locate a “snow cleaver” that can gust an icy breeze at an enemy and stun them from a distance or an “emulsion cleaver” that explodes on impact and does a small amount of AOE burning damage to nearby enemies (in addition to the normal cleaver damage). Also, there are Achievements tied to these weapons for anyone that can find these cleavers and get 25 kills with them in Horde or Beast mode.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/02/17/gears-of-war-3s-forces-of-nature-dlc-revealed-on-gt-tv/

Now where are all of those people that were saying "It's definitely going to be Beast DLC" in the 'announcement soon' thread I started??

People never learn that you shouldn't use the word 'definitely' when it comes to future news from Epic.

Just wanted to tell you that Cold fucking rocks. Love that band. That is all.

Thank you for being only the second person in four years to get the meaning of my avatar and GT.

Lol I saw that the first time I ever saw any of your posts, just decided to finally say something. I was glad to see them release "Superfiction", that album was awesome. Plus I just wanted to see new material by them. Glad they ain't a dead band yet :)

Oh and Scooter Ward has an epic voice. Just sayin'.

I sound like a raving fangirl now.

i absolutely can't belive this. i am not surprised tho as this is what i expected, but i was hoping for more.

epic are no different than any of the other devs imo. they go on about for the community and all that jazz but seriously.

they took our money nice and early with the season pass and now they just don't care. why would they? ridiculous.

Why are there a bunch of cry babies about this new map pack? They're giving us maps, weapon skins and characters for ten bucks. Other companies charge you the same or more for the same amount or less maps and that's all. Quit bitching and play this amazing game and it's awesome add-ons.

Why are there a bunch of cry babies about this new map pack? They're giving us maps, weapon skins and characters for ten bucks. Other companies charge you the same or more for the same amount or less maps and that's all. Quit bitching and play this amazing game and it's awesome add-ons.

I'm upset because I'm getting content I already own. I already had all of the preorder characters, I don't want a carbon-copy taking up room on the character select screen.

Sure, I got them for free, but would you like paying for something you already own?

If they would have made a "Pre-order character pack" or something, I wouldn't have given two shits.

I have the characters and I don't care because Epic is not concerned with just one player. They are concerned with all and not all got every character. Some didn't even get one. And also, you are getting maps and weapon skins. The maps alone are worth it but we also get extra. It's not exactly what YOU want but it is nice to have the extras.

I don't know why everyone is moaning. If you've bought the season pass its technically free.

However I do hope there aren't many achievements linked to it and they save the remaining gamerscore ( as they said its going to be 2000) on something cool like beast or campaign etc

I have the characters and I don't care because Epic is not concerned with just one player. They are concerned with all and not all got every character. Some didn't even get one. And also, you are getting maps and weapon skins. The maps alone are worth it but we also get extra. It's not exactly what YOU want but it is nice to have the extras.

I understand that it all isn't about me or what I want...

I'm saying that this entire goddamn situation could have been avoided if they had just released all the LE versions after the Season Pass. What exactly is wrong with that?

The rest of the DLC is perfectly fine with me. I get my favourite map back, Jacinto, AND Guardian, my favourite Gears 2 gamemode. I'm ecstatic. However, I'm upset that I'll have these extra characters for no reason. If I could remove them from the CSS then I wouldn't even care, it's just having them there to take up space is annoying.

I understand that it all isn't about me or what I want...

I'm saying that this entire goddamn situation could have been avoided if they had just released all the LE versions after the Season Pass. What exactly is wrong with that?

The rest of the DLC is perfectly fine with me. I get my favourite map back, Jacinto, AND Guardian, my favourite Gears 2 gamemode. I'm ecstatic. However, I'm upset that I'll have these extra characters for no reason. If I could remove them from the CSS then I wouldn't even care, it's just having them there to take up space is annoying.

Yeah I understand your point but it is what it is. I personally am excited 100% for everything that the DLC has. I just wish it was coming out sooner.