Frogger "glitch" explained

keung

So recently someone discovered a way to beat Frogger on the WP in an easier way than playing through it normally. It was supposed to be a secret and shared amongst very few. I disagreed with this so I went to purchase this game and figure how to make the bug work myself. It took me a while, but eventually I got it.

It makes it easier, but a little tedious. What you do is whenever you make progress without dying (like getting a frog across), hit the Bing! button. This will save your progress, so if you were to die, remove your battery and reinsert it. When you start up your phone and reload Frogger, you will be at the exact location you were in when you pressed the Bing! button, and with the life you lost still intact.

Edit: It just came to my attention that there is an easier method. I don't know what method that is, maybe someone else manages to figure it out. Or perhaps someone who knows it will expose it :p

Edit 2: The easier method is to start up the game, and once you're at a spot you want to save, press the Home button on your phone, then start the game up again from the menus. Once you lose all your lives, the screen will say game over before entering the Retry-screen. At this point, press the Home button again, and start the game up again through the menus. You'll start up again from where you saved!

Edited by keung

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, didn't see your post before just now. Make sure you start the game through the XBOX Live tile, and not from a shortcut from the menu. That's about the only thing I know of that could make it not work. Also, make sure you press the Home button once Game Over is shown on screen.

• 1 year later...
Sorry, didn't see your post before just now. Make sure you start the game through the XBOX Live tile, and not from a shortcut from the menu. That's about the only thing I know of that could make it not work. Also, make sure you press the Home button once Game Over is shown on screen.

I know this is a bit late, but i have found that no matter what, every level i beat, i let it load up the next one, then hit the windows key to quit. every time i launch after, i do it through the games menu. if you run out of lives, i usually wait until the little song that plays is over (after the last note) then quit out. it's worked 100% of the time, and now i'm on level 15