Genki Bowl VII - Achievement Guide

JMNELSON

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/79/79635.jpg

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

- Offline: 10

- Online: 0

- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 1 - 3 hours, depending on skill level

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1, some activities might have to be replayed

- Number of missable achievements: 0, all activities replayable

- Do cheat codes disable achievements? Yes

- Does difficulty affect achievements? No

- Glitchy achievements? No

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Extra equipment needed? No

Introduction: This DLC is really fun, but is very short. We are introduced with 4 new activities:

Sad Panda SkyBlazing

Sexy Kitten Yarngasm

Apocalypse Genki

Super Ethical PR Opportunity

Each activity has two instances, all required to be completed in order to get Genki Bowl Champ.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UPq6ZjM=.jpg

Cooked To Perfection -10 G

Roast 50 peds with the car’s flamethrower (in a single instance of Super Ethical PR Opportunity).

This one isn't too bad to get. The flamethrower is a weapon on the car. To charge the flamethrower, you need to run over people. There is no time limit for the activity, so just drive around and roast pedestrians or "peds" until you get the achievement. Just don't drive Genki to his location. Once you roast 50 peds, the achievement will pop. It has to be done in one instance.

Another way you could get it, does not matter, both will work is: When you first get in the car, drive away from Professor Genki. You will be able to run over pedestrians to boost your flamethrower, and use it with LB, without the distraction of police or "oversealous fans". Thanks olddaddyjoker. Either of these ways will work, it is just a matter of saving it for first or last!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UPrFetQ=.jpg

Get off My Back - 5 G

Destroy 5 chase vehicles (in a single instance of Super Ethical PR Opportunity).

This is a very easy achievement. Just destroy 5 news cans or chase vehicles. Once again, charge up your flamethrower by running over people. Once you destroy 5 chase vehicles and/or news vans, the achievement will pop.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UP6Hab4=.jpg

Stick the Landing - 5 G

Land on Magarac Island (in Sad Panda Skyblazing).

This one is very easy to get. Start up the easy instance of Sad Panda Skyblazing. Once you get 10,000 dollars, you can go to the blue marker, which is on Magarac Island. Once you land in the ring on the island, you will get the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UPh9iq4=.jpg

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof -10 G

Kill all of the rooftop mascots (in a single instance of Sad Panda Skyblazing).

This is probably the trickiest achievement in the DLC. There are 4 or 5 rooftops in which you have to clear to the entirety. Here are some tips on how to clear this:

~ Use both unethical and ethical balloons; they will both prove to be very helpful

~ If one of the mascots goes in the genki launcher, it it will still count as a clear.

~ You don't have to finish the instance, the achievement will pop instantly after you cleared the last enemy.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UPtQmBU=.jpg

Flame On -10 G

Fly through all of the rings (in a single instance of Sad Panda Skyblazing).

For "flame on" you don't need to stop on any buildings. Just concentrate on each ring and then the ending. You will fail for not getting enough money but the achievement will still pop. Thanks uBoogie.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UPkEi-I=.jpg

Feeding Time -10 G

Throw 5 mascots into the water (in a single instance of Apocalypse Genki).

Some people have been having trouble with this one, but here is how to do it, quite simply. On the first opening instance of the game, there is a little pond of water. Run by it, and start running up to mascots by pressing :ybut: as a human shield. Run them to the water and hit Y again. They will then be thrown into the water. Make sure they are eaten by the shark! If they are not eaten by the shark, the achievement will not pop! Thanks bakum4tsu. Simply run back and keep repeating the process. There will be at least 5 mascots to throw in the water. Once you throw 5 mascots in the water, and they are then eaten, the achievement will pop.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UP9nkS0=.jpg

Murder in the Jungle -10 G

Finish both instances of Apocalypse Genki.

Quite simply, finish both instances of the activity. Here are some general tips:

~ Make sure to shoot the signs saying: Ethical, Health and Money Shot. Avoid the signs saying "unethical"

~ You don't have to kill every enemy. Just getting combos and Ethical sings and Money Shot signs will be enough for you to complete the level.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UPymYAs=.jpg

Storm the Yarn -10 G

Destroy a mouse ATV during Sexy Kitten Yarngasm.

This achievement is very easy. They will only appear once during each instance. You can roll over it, or use you blast by pressing RT. Once the ATV is destroyed you will get the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UPtanqA=.jpg

C-C-C-Combo Breaker -10 G

Cause $150,000 worth of damage in a single Sexy Kitten Yarngasm combo.

Load up the medium instance of the level. Drop down from the building and destroy the first two cars. Roll all the way down the road and go off the jump. Take a left down the street. Here is where you will start to rack up a 150,000 dollar combo. Roll all the way to the end of the road and turn left. Destroy the next two clumps of cars, and the achievement should pop.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1547/UPslgkc=.jpg

Genki Bowl Champ -20 G

Complete all activity instances in Genki Bowl VII.

For this achievement, you have to complete 2 instances of each activity.

Sad Panda SkyBlazing (2)

Sexy Kitten Yarngasm (2)

Apocalypse Genki (2)

Super Ethical PR Opportunity (2)

Once all instances of the activity is completed, you will get the achievement.

Conclusion: I hope that you enjoyed this amazingly fun DLC while it lasted! Feedback is appreciated! Enjoy!

Edited by JMNELSON
Fixing up alignments

Cooked To Perfection - This is very simple. When you first get in the car, drive away from Professor Genki. You will be able to run over pedestrians to boost your flamethrower, and use it with LB, without the distraction of police or "oversealous fans".

Get Off My Back - Might be worth noting that you must do this between picking up P.G. and him being fully satisfied. Once you have to bring him to the drop-off there will be no "overzealous fans" chasing you.

Cat On a Hot Tin Roof - First instance is the easiest, when you jump immediately veer left over a tall building and onto the first group of mascots. It is roughly ten o'clock from the helicopter, work quickly so you can note where the next lowest group is and JUMP to it. Tips: You can leave a few behind on a roof, jump off and go back via cannons or balloons. Unethical Balloons give a higher boost up into the air, FYI.

Flame On - Recommend the second instance, easier flight path. Tip: if you're going to fast and start to drift over the rings, hold back for a few seconds then continue as before.

Feeding Time - You got my tip wrong, you DO NOT throw the mascots into the first pool. You simply RUN them into it, and the shark will AUTOMATICALLY grab them.

Murder in the Jungle - Tip: On the first instance look for a ramp on the right hand side after crossing the first bridge, the room doesn't show where to go and you can miss it. Tip: Brutes get let loose faster, and more of them at once then the usual S.E.R.C. And if I'm right the little cardboard cutouts of the shark give points also.

That's all I have for you man.

Nice guide, might I suggest getting the tiles in. Credit for contribution would be great. Peace.

the thing about the 5 mascots its not enough throw them to the water, they have to be eaten by shark. If you see the achievement imagem, there's a shark in it and i'm tired of throwing around 10 to water per game and only 3 get eaten so i suppose they have to be eaten and the shark imagem has to appear during the activitie. I guess...

Feeding Time: From the way people described this, I couldn't get it to work. The shark would only eat 1 mascot at a time per location.

In other words, in the first water spot the shark only ate one mascot; it wouldn't eat the others. So I had to keep going to the second water spot and drop one in, then get to the third spot and drop one in, and so on.

After I fall in with them I had to keep warping back to shore (which sends you back to the beginning) and keep repeating the above process.

By the time I got to the 5th spot I only had a few seconds left, and that's including shooting at least 2 Time Bonus targets.

found this video and its pretty simples this was.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD6Z1RDkd3w]Saints Row: The Third Feeding Time Trophy/Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

i did even grab 5 guys since of two of them were near buy the confusion and were eat too.

Edited by bakum4tsu

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof -10 - Kill all of the rooftop mascots (in a single instance of Sad Panda Skyblazing).

this one was easy after finding the ballon trick. Everytime the time is running out, you just have to jump and hit a ballon so you can go back a kill the resto of the mascots. You just have to do that to every rooftop.

You don't have to get enough money to get the "Stick The Landing" achievment! I got it and the "Flame On" achievement at the same time, without getting enough money but still got both of the achievements.

Just follow the rings and you'll get it.

i did won both that way. went through the rings and landed. Failed the game cause i didn't have enough points.

Should be noted that for "Feeding Time" You don't actually have to throw them in the water. Simply take a hostage, and walk them in. The shark will eat them almost instantly. Keep in mind you can hold LB to sprint with them.

It has been noted.....three times. Have you read any of the posts before yours??

It has been noted.....three times. Have you read any of the posts before yours??

I see two now. One in a comparatively larger post that i did miss, and one in a video that i couldn't load on my iphone. The posts about having difficulty with the achievement still outnumber the ones helping with the achievement. Sorry that my missing that tip aggravated you to the point of having to make a post.

I see two now. One in a comparatively larger post that i did miss, and one in a video that i couldn't load on my iphone. The posts about having difficulty with the achievement still outnumber the ones helping with the achievement. Sorry that my missing that tip aggravated you to the point of having to make a post.

Aggravated? Because I asked you a simple question? I thought I would point that out to you since it was the very first post after the OP. Excuse me if I figured most people would at least read the first couple of posts in a thread. I'm sorry that pointing out the obvious aggravated you to the point of posting again.

Oh, and the third time it was mentioned wasn't actually in this thread, however, it was in another thread on the front page. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=353219

It was also mentioned in the Genki DLC discussion thread. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4831259&postcount=33

Edited by ColdSpider72

For FEEDING TIME, a super easy way is run while holding the mascot into the water and the shark will eat them and not you.

So grab them with Y and then press LB to start running. This also helps when other enemies are shooting your hostage.

I had problems with this one because when I would throw the person, they would go into the rocks. I'm sure other people will have this problem too if they have maxed out their character.

Nevermind...the YT video shows this same method.

Killing all the mascots is a bitch. I had it in my mind that would be an easy one. I spent like 30 minutes trying to do it and gave up. I don't have any plans to try again.

There's a MUCH easier way that isn't listed in this guide. Several people have mentioned it already. You simply hit Y to grab then run them into the water using your left bumper. I actually had two follow me into the water and they counted.

EDIT: I am sorry. I posted about wrong achievement. I posted below how I was able to get it and linked video.

Edited by Odessa

There's a MUCH easier way that isn't listed in this guide. Several people have mentioned it already. You simply hit Y to grab then run them into the water using your left bumper. I actually had two follow me into the water and they counted.

Pretty sure the post you responded to was referring to the Sad Panda Skyblazing achievement, not the one for throwing 5 mascots into the water...

Seriously can't get the hang of Skyblazing. Hard to control & I always seem to miss at least 1 roof

Pretty sure the post you responded to was referring to the Sad Panda Skyblazing achievement, not the one for throwing 5 mascots into the water...

Seriously can't get the hang of Skyblazing. Hard to control & I always seem to miss at least 1 roof

Whoops! You are right. I followed a video to get an idea on how to get the highest one then work my way down. I did it coop with a friend afterwards and we were able to knock them all out pretty fast. That might be an alternative way for you.

If you watch from about 1min on it should help as far as which roof to start off on. If you fall off the first one (Gat Mascot) I would just start over. You cannot get back up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfiorFS5I-o]Saints Row: The Third - Cat on a Hot Tin Roof Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Great guide!! Indeed the easiest way to get the 5 mascots feed to a shark just run up to them pressing left trigger and Y and then just run with them into the nearest water, and the shark grabs them everytime, the points is with trowing that if you fully upgraded you end up trowing them to far or killing them. The rooftop mascots are not that bad at all just do the first sad panda skyblazing mission and just start with the tallest rooftop, then work your way down using cannons or the balloons. Anyways again great guide had the achievements in about half an hour.