Live Stream Notes 1/16

ColdSpider72

Here is the latest from Rod's last Live Stream (Credit to Vexta on the Epic forums):

Announcements

1 - Information being read out about Fenix Rising which can be found
. Arrives 5am EST, 2am PST. Restart game to see it. Been thoroughly tested to avoid problems of last DLC. 5 Fenix Rising maps available in all game modes. 'Limited' Thrashball Cole has different colour shades. 250 gamerscore to earn. They were allowed to create an achievement not related to the DLC (I've done it all achievement).

2 - The Slab (Book written by Karen Traviss) being released soon. Marcus' time in prison.

3 - Stay Frosty Playlist - A shotgun free mode with higher damage levels than usual for weapons. Stay Frosty - Hammerburst+Snub+1 frag, fire rates and damage values tweaked, requires Fenix Rising. Players will not go DBNO, they will just lose.

4 - Execution/Warzone playlist - Exec/Warzone are there own playlist, similar to Alpha with KOTH/Execution/TDM.

5 - GCON play with developers - Check
for GCON's event to play with the devs

Thanks bchaps for the questions!

Fenix Rising Q&A

Q1 - If I have DLC 3 and go to a friends house and recover will I still be able to rank up - You may be able to but will not have the re-up symbol

Q2 - How large is the DLC - Roughly 300mb

Q3 - Why did you choose the colours you chose instead of Bronze, Silver, Gold and Onyx - Unique colours that stood out, You can't use Gold/Bronze as a font

Q4 - Is there anything to unlock for the final re-up - Electric Gold weapon skin.

Q&A Answers!

Q1 - What's the deal with killing eachother at the same time - Instead of a better connection winning the fight you kill each other at the same time

Q2 - What's the latest on the Rank reset - Trying to nail it down, TU3 fixed resets for Split screen guy. Help Epic by being specific about what you were doing before the reset.

Q3 - Can you bring back the dead room - It's not something they're currently looking at doing

Q4 - Are there any changes being made to spawning in KOTH/CTL - It tries to choose the right spawn

Q5 - Will there be an update to unlock ribbons in Horde/Beast while on your own - No.

Q6 - Can you get rid of Ghost Cam in Ranked matches - It's possible, there are ways around these things so Epic are worrying less about it

Q7 - Is it even possible to have weekend events without a pistol - Pete says he can make an empty pistol now

Q8 - Does the Torque Bow have the mechanics of Gears 1 where you need to lead it - Pete can answer that question. Pete says it's a fast projectile, needs to be lead a little.

Q9 - What are the game/weapon statistics? - 0.15% have completed Seriously 3.0. 2.7% have completed all acts in 4 player. 4.5% have completed campaign on Insane. 5% have recovered all collectibles. 9.5% of population have reached level 50.

Q10 - Any chance of another gametype? - Yes, it's possible

Q11 - Have people found all of the Easter Eggs - Rod doesn't know that. There are so many.

Q12 - What happened to the one liners/battle cries on Dedicated Servers? They're fine on Private matches - Dedicated Servers have certain things turned off.

Q13 - Can we please have Spawn Protection change so it turns off when you shoot - If you spawn you'll instantly start shooting if someone is there and it'll turn off and not be very fair

Q14 - Can we see what weapons team mates are holding - It's too difficult

Q15 - Can we have an option to turn off auto reload - It can happen but it won't benefit the community.

Q16 - What are your 3 biggest goals for GoW in 2012 and why - Didn't get that, sorry.

Obviously, these posted answers are the short version. Click on the link above to watch the whole stream.

......Oh, and thoughts?

Stay Frosty seems interesting.....Everyone starts with a frag?! Oh geez....

Edited by ColdSpider72

I have never played any of the other gears online what is the dead room? I'm glad to see when the dlc will be available and I really like how it will only be roughly 300mb I don't like downloading huge files just for dlc.

Dead Room is when you die, you can talk to others who have also died, but can't talk to people who are alive and still playing. Seems like it would only make sense for Execition/Warzone, and when you run out of respawns in TDM.

3 - Stay Frosty Playlist - A shotgun free mode with higher damage levels than usual for weapons. Stay Frosty - Hammerburst+Snub+1 frag, fire rates and damage values tweaked, requires Fenix Rising. Players will not go DBNO, they will just lose.

Camp, camp, camp, camp, camp, camp, camp.

EDIT: Might be good for the Sapper medal if you wanted to do it in public matches. /edit

4 - Execution/Warzone playlist - Exec/Warzone are there own playlist, similar to Alpha with KOTH/Execution/TDM

If I understand correctly, why?! Why lump them together when they attract different audiences? I love Execution, but hate Warzone.

Edited by Veedrock

I think they lumped Warzone/Execution together to open up a slot for the Stay Frosty playlist. It's the only logical explanation to include such a shitty gametype with my beloved Execution.

Also, I assume Stay Frosty includes every gametype? I'd love to play it on KOTH to rack up some HB kills. Maybe join it in the AM and farm against bots.

lol at lumping Warzone and Execution into one playlist. They got so much crap for lumping together gametypes in Gears 2, so which genius thought this was a good idea this time around?

And if it is to shoehorn in that new gametype (everyone spawning with a frag - joke, BTW) then I think they have seriously misread the Gears playerbase.

Do they even play their own game? Do they not understand how much of a campfest/snooze-athon the Stay Frosty playlist will be?

I played it quite a bit yesterday and it's certainly my favorite playlist now. The frags are certainly toned down so i wouldn't worry so much about them unless they're tagged to walls. They're mainly used to smoke someone out of a position if need be. It's a lot of fun though and yes it's an easy playlist to get pistol kills for your medal as well.

The frags are certainly toned down so i wouldn't worry so much about them unless they're tagged to walls.

But that's what I'm always worried about. People just plant and camp, just like they have done since Gears 2.

Planted nades are hands down the worst thing ever added to Gears.