TU3 info released

ColdSpider72

From the official Epic site:

TU3 NOTES: Official Post

Gears of War 3 Title Update Coming January 11

By | January 09 , 2012 11:13 PM • 209 Views

A new Title Update for Gears of War 3 will be available January 11, 2012 and will be downloaded automatically by starting Gears 3 while connected to Xbox LIVE. The update will include a variety of balance tweaks, bug fixes and more. Here’s a sneak peek at some of what you can expect to see:

Improvements

1. All unlockable and non-purchasable characters are unlocked for System Link play. Online play still limits players to characters that they have unlocked or have purchased through DLC.

2. “Classic” stalemates are now enabled on the Execution and Warzone playlist. An option exists in private Execution to disable classic stalemates and re-enable the man-up rule.

3. The ghost camera can be raised and lowered using the Xbox controller d-pad.

4. “Must Active Reload” mutator has been made more restrictive. Issues with the Torque Bow and OneShot have been fixed.

5. “Retribution” ribbon is now compatible with dedicated servers.

6. Holding the “Y” button before being in range of a DBNO player and then walking into activation range will start the execution sequence. This is similar to holding “X” to queue up a weapon pickup sequence when walking into range of a dropped weapon.

Exploit Fixes

1. Removed Hammerburst and Longshot exploits with using the iron-sights/scope on Mercy where a player could shoot from a concealed position near the Sanctuary bells. Damage will not register when players are using the scope or iron-sights from that concealed position.

2. Fixed the OneShot exploit on Drydock. Players will be pulled out of the OneShot mounted pose when in certain positions.

General Fixes

1. A second player signing in on the loading screen before entering the pre-game lobby will no longer cause profile issues.

2. The transition from spectator player view to ghost camera view will no longer force the ghost camera view to point upwards.

3. The map cycle in QuickMatch is now randomly ordered.

4. DLC that is not owned by the current player will no longer stop the player from using DLC they do own.

5. Horde will no longer use the Versus weapon swaps. Horde players will have Hammer of Dawn and Mortar spawns on Overpass again.

6. Fixed the lens flare on a scoped Longshot not appearing for a player facing left.

7. Xbox system notifications have been moved out of the way of kill messages in competitive multiplayer. They now show up in the top center of the screen.

Once again, it doesn't look like they addressed any of the major issues people were actually complaining about (except maybe the 'Man up rule')......Thoughts?

Edited by ColdSpider72

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5. “Retribution” ribbon is now compatible with dedicated servers.

6. Holding the “Y” button before being in range of a DBNO player and then walking into activation range will start the execution sequence. This is similar to holding “X” to queue up a weapon pickup sequence when walking into range of a dropped weapon.

General Fixes

7. Xbox system notifications have been moved out of the way of kill messages in competitive multiplayer. They now show up in the top center of the screen.

Once again, it doesn't look like they addressed any of the major issues people were actually complaining about (except maybe the 'Man up rule').

5. Functioned properly, eh?

6. Nice, but the are still forcing me to tap Y for the medal...

7. Nice :)

-They didn't fix major issues, because TU3 was meant to be TU2, but some changes didn't make it in time.

Could someone please explain this to me? what is classic stalemate and the man-up rule?

Normally the team who survives wins the round.

In Gears 2 it could be 1v4 and you would still stalemate if they couldn't kill you before the timer ran out.

Man Up Rule: The team with more players at the end of the round wins.

Well, according to Flak, the 'sneak peek' listed in the TU3 notes is actually the entire TU.

Here is her post:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/images/styles/TwistedDark/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Flakhttp://forums.epicgames.com/threads/images/styles/TwistedDark/buttons/viewpost-right.png

Don't get too excited! If I'm not mistaken those are the full release notes. I'm not sure why it says "sneak peek"

Here is the thread:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/876106-So-the-TU3-notes-are-a-sneak-peak

A second player signing in on the loading screen before entering the pre-game lobby will no longer cause profile issues.

Does this mean people will no longer get rank reset?

No, because there are more issues with the operating system that Epic can't even touch. But it DOES address one of the ways people were getting reset.

Not really, anyone signing in at a loading screen deserves to be reset if you ask me, baffled at why ANYONE would do that.

I really don't know who is that stupid to do that.. it is a gears game, so you have to be careful with what you are doing.. always sign in in the tile screen, always end it in the title screen. Wonder if people actually sign in profiles at loading screens in just any other game?! stupid.

Meh I'm not holding my breath. What a disappointment - was hoping to be able to choose my own map rotation in private, seems I play azura every second game.

Be happy bout that lol, i play trashoverpass and trashsandbar like every other game. Hate those maps, hate them.:mad: