Fenix Rising Information and Discussion

kire350

On Jan. 17, the battle for Sera rages on as Microsoft and Epic mark the New Year with the release of “Fenix Rising,” the third major game add-on for the most critically-acclaimed shooter of 2011, “Gears of War 3.” Featuring five spectacular new multiplayer maps inspired by significant locales in the “Gears of War 3” campaign, “Fenix Rising” also introduces four new character skins and a new system that allows players to rank up through level 100 multiple times to unlock exclusive emblems and weapon skins.

With the purchase of the add-on, players who attain level 100 will have a choice to “Re-up” for another tour of duty to showcase their valor and dedication as elite “Gears of War” fans. Their experience and rank will be reset, but all other progression (including TrueSkill rating) will remain intact. Players can “Re-up” up to three times, earning a new rank icon color each time: Bronze (default level 100), Red, Green and Gold. Each “Re-up” level after Bronze also awards the player an exclusive, custom weapon skin that cannot be obtained by any other means:

• Re-Up Plasma – Animated flowing plasma in gold.
  • Re-Up Omen – Shiny, red Omen.
  • Re-Up Electric – Animated, golden electric shocks.

Available on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft Points or included as part of the “Gears of War 3” Season Pass, “Fenix Rising” expands the multiplayer battlefield with an arsenal of stunning maps that deliver endless hours of frenetic online action across Versus Multiplayer, Horde and Beast Mode:

• Academy –The lineage of the Fenix family can be traced back along a distinguished line of military officers. Officer training at the Oracle Academy was simply the expected path for Marcus, and he had visited the grounds many times in expectation that he would walk the same path as his ancestors. But it was not to be, and Marcus broke with tradition to be with his best friends Dom and Carlos. Like any number of fine Seran traditions, the Academy is now lost to the invasion of the Locust Horde.
  • Anvil – The fortress of Anvegad was called Anvil Gate because its impenetrable walls were forged in the fires of war. Huge cannons sat atop battlements that guarded sprawling walls running the line of the UIR borders. Marcus went there to find Hoffman, and they both thought that Anvil Gate would offer protection from the incoming forces of Locust and Lambent. They were wrong, and little remains other than the ruined shell of a once mighty fortress.
  • Depths – The excessive opulence of Azura defied all normal reasoning. But Adam Fenix could see the cracks in the veneer of splendor from the moment he arrived at this underwater processing center. And all that beauty mattered not at all once he was held captive by the Locust. Out of options, he had to find a way to contact Marcus, and finally reveal the truths he’d been keeping to himself for all these many years.
  • Escalation – Haldane Hall has been the home of the Fenix family for countless generations. But the only history that matters to Marcus’s are his memories of warm summer evenings spent with his mother, Elain, relaxing in the estate’s gardens. Sadly, all the estate’s history and beauty was lost when the Locust destroyed it in an attempt to kidnap his father.
  • The Slab – Convicted for insubordination and treason, Marcus was incarcerated in Jacinto Maximum Security Prison. Known as “The Slab”, this prison is not a correctional facility – it’s a place where Sera’s worst offenders are locked up and forgotten. The inmates are brutal, parole is not an option, and the average life expectancy is about two years. But that was before the Locust showed up, and what couldn’t get worse, suddenly did. Now your life expectancy there is around 2 minutes.

Additionally, players who purchase “Fenix Rising” will gain access to the following character skins for use in Versus Multiplayer and Horde Mode (if COG):

• COG:
    • Recruit Clayton – Clayton was born a Gear, grew up a Gear, and on the very day he became eligible, he signed himself up to become the capable, confident, and devoted Gear he’d always known he could be.
    • Thrashball Cole (Limited Edition) – The Cole Train prefers to take the most direct path to the Locust Horde in any situation. What he lacks in finesse, he makes up in raw energy.

• Locust:
    • Savage Marauder – Locust Marauders were the first to form any sort of organization outside of the Hollow – if their brutal infighting and bloodthirsty raiding parties could truly be called organized.
    • Savage Kantus (Limited Edition) – The Savage Kantus were profoundly impacted by the loss of the Hollow. They have reverted to a primal, shamanistic state, and their battle cries have taken a dark, melancholy turn. Few sounds are as terrifying to human ears.

Players can obtain “Fenix Rising” and all the previously released add-on content for “Gears of War 3,” including “RAAM’s Shadow” and the “Horde Command Pack,” and secure access to one more upcoming game add-on by purchasing the “Gears of War 3” Season Pass for 2400 Microsoft Points, which entitles them to the first four game add-ons for a total discount of 33 percent.

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/12/gears-of-war-3-kicks-off-the-new-year-with-%E2%80%9Cfenix-rising%E2%80%9D/

Edited by The Pants Party

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us a rundown of the new maps in the DLC pack.

Jim Brown: All the maps in the Fenix Rising map pack represent a location or event that was significant in the life of the Gears of War main protagonist, Marcus Fenix. In Escalation, you'll visit his childhood home before it was invaded by the Locust Horde. Academy takes you on a tour of the school he was destined to attend, while The Slab shows you the prison where he ended up serving time instead. Anvil is the ruined fortress that Marcus retreats to with the last vestiges of humanity, while Depths is set in the opulent city of Azura, where Marcus finally reconnects with his father.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1215205p1.html

Sounds interesting, will have another 250G, skins and allows the player to re-up (prestige) to level 100 three more times. Bet the next DLC is Beast content.

Ah, very interesting. Thanks for the post :)

Interesting they're including 'The Slab' as that is the name of the fifth Gears novel, released in May 2012.

Really looking forward to this map pack as I have the Season Pass. I, like someone above, think Beast will be the main theme of this map pack. There are some weird spaces in the Beast selection screen pre-spawn and I think they can fill them with these Flame Grenadier, Theron Guard, Reaver and RAAM.

detailed list here

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/870261-3rd-DLC-Fenix-Rising-Announced-January-Release

wow 5 new maps escalation, academy, the slab, anvil the depth

4 new characters

re-upping (basically you can prestige at level 100 earning a new weapon set and you can do it 3 times) your trueskill and profile uclocks remain. this will be nice to the people who have reached level 100. As for me I may be able to reup once as I am about 78 now but going from 1-100 would be tough

but man I hope they dont have an achievement for prestigeing max amount of times

I already wont get Seriously 3.0 unless they drastrically reduce the requirements

watch there be an achievement for

re-up once

re-up twice

re-up 3 times

reach maximum rank

talk about taking forever according to http://www.gow3exp.com/gears-of-war/level/all

level 100 takes 3,851,750

so to reach absolute maximum rank would require 15,407,000 xp. Yikes

we don't know if there will be an achievements for the third level 100

perhaps only for the first re-up.....who knows ?:confused:

So I guess DLC 4 will have 500 Gamerscore because I thought Gears 3 was suppose to go to 2000 GS total.. Either way Im so pumped for new maps

Fenix rising will have 250G so DLC4 will have another 250G thats it

I think Epic is going to bring the people who got 3.0 back to Gears and put some more grinding achievements

EPIC is notorious for adding shitty achievements to the multiplayer. I really don't want to see any for "re-uping" but if there is, I hope it's just for doing it once. Seriously 3.0 is already one that I won't be able to get and that bugs me enough without there being some garbage achievement for "re-uping" 3 times...

Sweet! I think I may be the only one who actually thinks re-upping is a good idea.

I reached level 100 a long time ago and that sort of made it feel less prestigious considering how long gears 2 took (only reached level 72 I think) so being 4 times maxed out seems good to me seeing as though getting wings so easily felt so cheap

The only question I ask, and I'm hoping I make sense here, is that you need a certain amount of point to get the wings and once you do, you still carry on getting xp points added, so the question is all that extra XP points that I have gotten once I maxed out, will that count towards leveling up again or does it just reset to zero?

EDIT: Oh yeah, so is this new DLC basically new maps and characters and that's it? No new material to add to campaign or anything? If so then I predict that all the cheevs for this will be of the grinding kind :(

Edited by KashThePriest

Recuit Clayton looks awesome, looks like I know who I'll be changing my character skin too. :D

Bit disappointed that Epic released the previous Beta exclusive Thrashball Cole as DLC though. :( I'd imagine those who got the Savage Kantus for their pre-order are even more annoyed though.

really... so it's 2 character skins.

I mean I have thrashball cole but not savage kantus.. but i still would have rather had 2 different characters than ones that were supposed to be limited edition...

seems like everything that was supposed to be "special" in this game will eventually be turned into a cash profit.

why not just make lvl 100x4 cost 800msp loll