Some Assignment Clarifications

Opiate42

All in all I love the assignments, they get you out of your "comfort zone" to experiment with variety (read: not forced). I hated using recon but have found a new love for the L96 :). Hey, you never know. I felt I earned every one of those guns and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Okay I know many know this already but am still seeing the same tons of questions, over and over with lots of the answers scattered across numerous threads now too so hope this helps someone about to dive in to the assignments, because they do appear confusing initially:

In many cases you don't need to be using the specific class for the requirements or having to play on a Karkand map to achieve those requirements. i.e. I did most if not all my headshots and spot assists for the recon assignment while using support and they racked up across all maps. Obviously for class-specific ones like assault rifle kills you'll need to be using assault or the other given class for the assignment. But for other more general, non-class specific actions use what you like.

Disclaimer: I generally stink, not the greatest player in the world by a long shot. But good news the assignments don't require any Herculean skill to accomplish, just keep playing and they will happen. I've unlocked all 10 guns now, initially looking at the assignments I never thought that would happen :p.

GUNSLINGER NOTE: The "Get 10 kills with each of the ten Back to Karkand weapons" description is seemingly not entirely accurate. For some bizarre reason once you accomplish all various tasks assigned, unlock all the weapons, get ten kills with every said weapon THEN you DO have to go get an additional 10 kills with the FAMAS in one game. This is confirmed. And stupid. But hey I digress. It will unlock on the 10th Famas kill, enjoy.

M320 - Any M320 kills count. You don't even have to have it "underslung" officially, most of my kills happened while it was still separate from my AR and the kills still counted. I didn't like giving up my medpack, and it's next to useless unless you can either shoot from a high angle down onto your target (thanks for the tip CGPsaint) or hit them almost point blank like a shotgun. Once I got the hang of that it went pretty quick. In a Rush game on Tehran Highway I was presented with a group of enemies huddling together when I was above them in a building, they were kind enough to provide a triple kill towards my assignment. Opportunity knocks.

Repair Torch Kill/Vehicle Kill - Once again opportunity knocks. Lots of campers for a kill and there will be opportunities when a tank or LAV is not paying attention, also player controlled gadgets.

Non-vehicles: easiest way, use the torch on enemy SOFLAM, MAV, mortar, spawn beacons and EOD bots. Thanks for the the tips from littlejay, himalaybarad and scottttocs.

Vehicles: Though it seems the last update nerfed the torch damage a bit, seems to take longer to take down a vehicle than it used to. Unless you are incredibly lucky you WILL die a few times when attempting this. C'est la vie.

AT Rocket Kills - RPG and SMAW, fire and enjoy. If anyone can confirm Javelin/IGLA/Stinger vehicle/enemy kills counting towards this it would be great. I only ever used the SMAW and RPG.

Mortar - Unlocked at 40,000 Support score. If you hate using them or finding you're just getting assists use my method: wait until an enemy is spamming mortars and they'll show up like a spotlight on the map, spammers don't move much, and counter-mortar the dork. Sweet vindication to mortar kill a mortar spammer. Then put the mortar back into the dustbin.

SQDM - I hated this, but have to say it definitely wasn't the most frustrating one of all. Just keep playing and wins will happen. Even if not squadded up with friends on party chat just sticking with your team and supporting their actions definitely helps. I went an entire match just reviving one guy on our team who at the end won it for us because he went well over 30 kills on his own. That's a lot of kills he probably wouldn't have gotten being dead and all. Thankfully it's only 5 games...could've been worse! Lots of games come down to 1 or 2 kills, it can get pretty tight.

DPV jeep - the little jeep/dune buggy on Wake Island and Oman, smaller and faster (I think) than the larger one that looks like a drunk Growler ITV (the VDV Buggy). So yah not that one. It's turret has a very limited forward range, it can't turn 360 degrees like the other jeeps. It will only spawn on one team (forget which), if not your team, steal one while capping an objective then just run people over, fun as hell and plenty of space on the maps to do it. Campers make great road pizza.

Play 2 Hours on ___ Map - will come with time while playing towards the other assignment objectives.

Laser Designator - you just need to get a lock, does not require anyone to actually shoot the target. I tried it in several games and got locks but no one in our jets or heli's were firing at them. You get the points once a lock is established and that's what counts. Just be aware that yes, you are a glowing red beacon to enemy tanks when doing this!

BTR-90 kills - easily the most annoying part and the very last thing needing doing. The 2 hours per map happened naturally while trying for this one. The BTR-90 only spawns in regular Conquest (not CQ Assault), on Oman and Karkand maps for the Russians at their starting spawn. On Oman, within the bounds of the combat zone reachable by the US team it spawns ONLY at point D at the base of the crane. So it's a matter of perseverance and luck. My luck must be terrible because I almost always spawn as the US when finally landing in a full CQ game, had to steal the BTR-90 every time.

You can also try and switch teams as well from US to RUS if there is space in the RUS team.

On the plus side the server browser here is your friend. DICE have setup B2K-specific dedicated servers, find one of those [DICE - B2K server 10230 (example no.)] running CQ and you won't be looping through the regular maps as well, just B2K maps, helps it go a bit faster though I got tired of CQ Assault real fast.

The first few times I managed to even get in a game of full-on Conquest, I was pinned against a vastly superior team that knocked us out in no time flat. Couldn't even get a shot off if I was lucky enough to even get in the BTR-90, then only 2 kills over numerous more games.

I finally got lucky and when I was US, RU had point D so I ran like stink, huddled until a BTR-90 spawned then stole it. A squadmate spawned on me as gunner then we proceeded to rain hell on the other team until I unlocked the MK3A1 shotgun with the last kill before they finally blew us up.

Last but most important: Beer. I felt I really needed it when getting routed into a CQ Assault game for the umpteenth time...

So, hope this helps someone :drunk!!!

Edited by Opiate42

fyi the repair tool vehicle kill works on mortar, mav, and eod bots. that should make things much easier for anyone still needing it.

also the laser designator marks can be done on the same vehicle, just move away and mark the same one again. or if there are 2 tanks or vehicles, just go between the two.

Edited by littlejay

fyi the repair tool vehicle kill works on mortar, mav, and eod bots. that should make things much easier for anyone still needing it.

also the laser designator marks can be done on the same vehicle, just move away and mark the same one again. or if there are 2 tanks or vehicles, just go between the two.

i think this works on any gadget that is controlled by the player as i got mine on a SOFLAM which is hardly a vehicle but i aint complaining.:)

i think this works on any gadget that is controlled by the player as i got mine on a SOFLAM which is hardly a vehicle but i aint complaining.:)

Whew damn!!! That would have saved me some headache, and my k/d haha!! Thanks guys will add.

@ Jaska - love the Freddie.

Edited by Opiate42

Has anyone experienced a problem with this achievement that it won't unlock even after getting 10 famas kills in a single game? I've got at least 2 attachments unlocked (as in, not ones given to me once the gun is unlocked) for each gun then got 10 famas kills in a game, but no luck. Do I need to get 10 kills with each weapon in one game or something?

GUNSLINGER NOTE: The "Get 10 kills with each of the ten Back to Karkand weapons" description is seemingly not entirely accurate. For some bizarre reason once you accomplish all various tasks assigned, unlock all the weapons, get ten kills with every said weapon THEN you DO have to go get an additional 10 kills with the FAMAS in one game. This is confirmed. And stupid. But hey I digress. It will unlock on the 10th Famas kill, enjoy.

to get the 10 kills with every B2K weapons...they don't have to be In one Round? just the additional 10 FAMAS kills at the end?

• 2 weeks later...
You can also use the repair tool on a spawn beacon probably the easiest one too :)

Wow I couldn't disagree more. I tried destroying two spawn beacons with the torch. First time I stood there torching it for a good 30 seconds, a guy eventually spawned on it and killed me. Same thing second time except I was sniped while standing there. It has an insane ammount of life compared to other stuff. A mortar tube explodes after you torch it for like 2 seconds tops.

Wow I couldn't disagree more. I tried destroying two spawn beacons with the torch. First time I stood there torching it for a good 30 seconds, a guy eventually spawned on it and killed me. Same thing second time except I was sniped while standing there. It has an insane ammount of life compared to other stuff. A mortar tube explodes after you torch it for like 2 seconds tops.

lol just depends if there are enemies around you or not, I only said it was easiest assuming no enemy is after you, only takes 5 seconds to destroy it and their often found in the most obvious places! Make sure your torching it on the bottom box bit not the top attenna thing. Anyway it's how I did it so thought it might help.

lol just depends if there are enemies around you or not, I only said it was easiest assuming no enemy is after you, only takes 5 seconds to destroy it and their often found in the most obvious places! Make sure your torching it on the bottom box bit not the top attenna thing. Anyway it's how I did it so thought it might help.

I was playing Kharg Island earlier, i killed a sniper in the building between B & C, waited with a brick of C4 at his spawn beacon. As soon as he spawned, CLICK, BOOM goes the sniper lol.

I was playing Kharg Island earlier, i killed a sniper in the building between B & C, waited with a brick of C4 at his spawn beacon. As soon as he spawned, CLICK, BOOM goes the sniper lol.

I <3 C4. :p

That will learn that sniper boy to better place his beacon.

Edited by Opiate42

The OP mentions that it's not confirmed if "enemy kills" with rocket launchers count. I can confirm that you don't have to kill enemies in vehicles to get credit. Any kill with a rocket launcher will count.

Though I will say, rocket launchers are miserable in this game. 50-75% of my shots right at a guy's feet will only do like 20-50 damage to him. It's so inconsistent.

I was grinding out rocket kills in Homefront recently, and you can basically use RPGs as a primary weapon (you even get enough Battle Points to constantly restock them so you essentially have unlimited ammo. The Proximity Launcher is kinda crap though because it does like 1/3 of the damage; still enough to instantly kill infantry, but it's spottier.)

The OP mentions that it's not confirmed if "enemy kills" with rocket launchers count. I can confirm that you don't have to kill enemies in vehicles to get credit. Any kill with a rocket launcher will count.

Though I will say, rocket launchers are miserable in this game. 50-75% of my shots right at a guy's feet will only do like 20-50 damage to him. It's so inconsistent.

I was grinding out rocket kills in Homefront recently, and you can basically use RPGs as a primary weapon (you even get enough Battle Points to constantly restock them so you essentially have unlimited ammo. The Proximity Launcher is kinda crap though because it does like 1/3 of the damage; still enough to instantly kill infantry, but it's spottier.)

Yah, pain. You think a high explosive between the guys feet at velocity would do something more than scratch. :p

Well that's not entirely what I was suggesting. So to clarify what you're saying though is that a Javelin/IGLA/Stinger-specific vehicle or aircraft takedowns resulting in a enemy kill also count in the assignment tally?