Caution about 1.2 Patch (See inside)

Panznerr

According to Beth a new bug was introduced involving our resistances to magic effects such as the elements or resist magic. So I thought I would let you guys know. As this bug has been encountered on the PS3 already.

Gamefaqs Link:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61198666

Bethesda Blog Link:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1295737-game-no-longer-recognizes-my-magic-resistance-after-patch/

Edited by Panznerr
More information on the patch

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far i'm happy with the patch, the game looks like it belongs on a 360 now, textures have improved a lot. I tend not to use resistance items anyway so that won't affect me for the time being. Lots of complaints on Bethesda's forum about the game now been 'broken' and sadly none of the glitched side quests or miscellaneous quests are fixed for me.

Umm, so far, ive played for about 10 mins after downloading patch, turned into a werewolf, noticed i had a sword in the hand of the werewolf at first, thought oh well. But ive been a werewolf for ages now... it wont go back to normal D= lol Lucky i have several saves, wondering if its just me or has anyone else experienced this?

So far i'm happy with the patch, the game looks like it belongs on a 360 now, textures have improved a lot. I tend not to use resistance items anyway so that won't affect me for the time being. Lots of complaints on Bethesda's forum about the game now been 'broken' and sadly none of the glitched side quests or miscellaneous quests are fixed for me.

Yeah at this point on Gamefaqs and Bethesda Blog I don't think people really care about the textures anymore. Seeing how people are giving reports of Level 50+ dragons OHKOing a person cause they don't have resistances. I'm not downloading the patch yet. One still can't connect to XBL until later tonight when I go home and Second no way in hell am I downloading 1.2 till I know more about the bugs/glitches that were introduced with this 1.2 patch.

Edited by Panznerr

I'm in two minds, i really want to be able to install to hd without the texture issue, and i haven;t seen a dragon in about 12 levels and that's with me walking everywhere and patch notes reveal a fix for dragons not showing up.

But i don't want to suffer any worse glitches, so think i will wait and see what is said. Hopefully will get sorted soon. Thanks for bringing this to my attention x

Wooo what a great patch -_-

I also cannot access my bookshelf, my alchemy lab nor my chest upstairs in my home in whiterun. Same problems with the dragon for me too.

now i can't even delete the patch and play the game because "this file belongs to a newer version of skyrim". Thanks for this, no way i'm keeping this glitched up game now.

Wooo what a great patch -_-

I also cannot access my bookshelf, my alchemy lab nor my chest upstairs in my home in whiterun. Same problems with the dragon for me too.

now i can't even delete the patch and play the game because "this file belongs to a newer version of skyrim". Thanks for this, no way i'm keeping this glitched up game now.

No reason to throw it back to Gamestop or something. It will get fixed. I only made this topic to warn people about it. Skyrim is still the best game I've played this year, maybe besides Arkham City. I love being Batman!