No Stone Unturned quest glitch (Fix Found! Read before collecting all gems!)

XBM Yosho

Just a quick informative here,

DO NOT collect all 24 unusual gems before starting the quest "No Stone Unturned".

Upon finding your 1st through 23rd gem you MUST speak with Vex to receive the quest "No Stone Unturned".

If you do not speak with her before you have all 24 gems, The quest WILL NOT update that you have found them all.

To test this out, I decided I would collect all 24 gem stones before I had started the quest "No Stone Unturned" from Vex, Located in the Ragged Flaggon for the Thieves guild.

Upon finding my 23rd stone, I saved the game, Then I had collected the final 24th stone, and I went to see Vex. I started the "No Stone Unturned" quest as normal, But since I had already acquired all stones, It was unable to update since there was nothing left to collect.

So I reloaded the save from the 23rd stone, Spoke with Vex, Collected the 24th stone and it updated properly.

Just a heads up to watch out and not ruin your chances of reloading a save or just knowing what happened.

Hope this helps everyone out!

Edited by XBM Yosho

Good info, but I have a question regarding this quest.

(Spoilers)

Apparently one of the stones is in the Thalmar Embassay when you sneak into the party during the main quest "Diplomatic Immunity". Of course I didnt search the house good enough and missed it. But now it seems I cant get back in. The front door is locked and cant be picked and I can find the key anywhere.

So my question basically is - Is there anyway to get back into the Thalmar Embassay? Or am I screwed and cant finish quest?

(Spoilers)

Apparently one of the stones is in the Thalmar Embassay when you sneak into the party during the main quest "Diplomatic Immunity". Of course I didnt search the house good enough and missed it. But now it seems I cant get back in. The front door is locked and cant be picked and I can find the key anywhere.

So my question basically is - Is there anyway to get back into the Thalmar Embassay? Or am I screwed and cant finish quest?

unfortunately it seems you cannot get back in there:-

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:No_Stone_Unturned

sorry.

(Spoilers)

Here you go, This should allow you to get back into the embassy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4NEu_c_j8]Skyrim Glitches: Out of Reeking Cave - YouTube[/ame]

Stone Locations.

Taken from Elderscrolls Wikia

1. Solitude, Proudspire Manor: master bedroom (you have to buy the property first: To do this you need to win the Jarl's acceptance by doing sidequests given to you by stewards and have 25000 gold)
  2. Solitude, Blue Palace: on a shelf in Jarl Elisif's quarters
  3. Thalmor Embassy: In Elenwen's Solar, in a bedroom (during or after the main quest "Diplomatic Immunity") Note: If you did not get this one during Diplomatic Immunity, you can 'glitch' through The Reeking Cave next to the Thalmor Embassy to get back to Elenwen's Solar.
  4. Dainty Sload: on a table in the Captain's Quarters (ship is docked between Solitude Lighthouse & Solitude)
  5. College of Winterhold: shelf in Arch-Mage's quarters
  6. Yngvild: chamber behind the throne in throne room
  7. Hob's Fall Cave - necromancer's sleeping area
  8. Markarth, Treasury House: next to bed in the master bedroom
  9. Markarth, Understone Keep: on a table in a locked side room of the Dwemer Museum
  10. Dead Crone Rock: on a makeshift altar in front of the Word Wall at the top of the final tower
  11. Whiterun, Jorrvaskr (Companions): In Kodlak's bedroom
  12. Whiterun, Catacombs inside of the Hall of the Dead: In one of the wall crypts near a skeleton
  13. Whiterun, Dragonsreach: in the Jarl's bedroom area
  14. Rannveig's Fast: on a table near the watery prison
  15. Fellglow Keep: on a counter in the workroom at the top of the front foyer
  16. Windhelm, House of Clan Shattershield: Upstairs first bedroom on the left.
  17. Windhelm, Palace of Kings: on a table in Wuunferth the Unliving's quarters (the first door on the left side)
  18. Stony Creek Cave - in the Bandit Wizard's cavern
  19. Ansilvund: near Fjori's ghost in the burial chambers
  20. Sunderstone Gorge: on the alter in front of the word wall
  21. Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary - on the dresser in Astrid's room (must be done during or after DB quests "With Friends Like These" and / or "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood"
  22. Pinewatch: Move through Pinewatch until you get to the Pinewatch Bandit Sanctuary. Once in the Bandit Sanctuary defeat 3 bandits in the first room before moving up the ramp on the right. In the next hallway defeat 1 bandit before moving up a flight of stairs. In the next room you will find empty draugh tombes, directly to your right you will see a locked door. Lockpick this door and inside you will find the stone on the top shelf of the right bookcase.
  23. Riften, Mistveil Keep: in the Jarl's chambers
  24. Riften, Black Briar Lodge: in the upstairs master bedroom. (Do NOT mistake this for Blackbriar Manor.)

• 4 months later...
I don't know if this has been answered, but is this quest required for any Thieves achievement? I mean, it's a long and boring quest to find 24 gems all around the map.

Thanks.

No.

and I agree. I hate collecting stuff. I think there's some sort of reward at the end. I think a bigger stone or something.

No.

and I agree. I hate collecting stuff. I think there's some sort of reward at the end. I think a bigger stone or something.

The reward at the end of this is a passive ability to find more gems throughout all dungeons in the game. So for the people who have extreme issues finding flawless "blanks" this would be a good quest to complete.

• 5 months later...

I figured I would pop into this thread again as there seems to be a lot of the old questions popping up again from when the game first came out.

Not sure if this is still a problem or if it was ninja patched, but the information is still solid to have just incase.

Figure I'd mention that with one of the updates, the stone found in the Thalmor Embassy is now located in Reeking Cave. This is the only change that I've found. Should still try to collect the stone during "Diplomatic Immunity", but still can be accessed later if missed.

Everything else in this thread is accurate and good info!:)

Figure I'd mention that with one of the updates, the stone found in the Thalmor Embassy is now located in Reeking Cave. This is the only change that I've found. Should still try to collect the stone during "Diplomatic Immunity", but still can be accessed later if missed.

Everything else in this thread is accurate and good info!:)

Thank you, I didn't know that.

Edited by XBM Yosho