Skull/Terminal Guide

Interesting. Pray tell where you got the information from? Some of the skull and terminal locations seem pretty reasonable but from comments Shishka made about them being stupidly hard to find and the locations you've listed it seems rather contradictory to his statement.

I'm in Australia so I'll be getting the game a fair few hours before the US so if I pick it up straight away and take a look I can either confirm/deny your statements and do some capturing if what you've said is indeed true.

Go for it. Second opinions and video captures/screenshots are a welcome addition. Definitely beats trying to describe where they are.

And I agree with what you said about Shishka's comment. Obviously the grenade-jump skulls will be a bit annoying, but nothing extremely unreasonable like he made it seem like. As for Terminals, they're all super easy to find. I thought they were supposed to get gradually more difficult, but I guess that's a relativistic statement.

Unfortunately I can't be more precise with some of the skull descriptions because honestly what I was given is mostly clues. All of the clues were blatantly obvious in regards to location, but some of them could be interpreted in different ways, so pinpoint locations are hard to pull off.

I just watched a few videos on YT from some guy who got the game early and has been skull hunting; you've got the right descriptions for the one on Halo and Silent Cartographer but the 343 Guilty Spark one's in a different place.

It's in the area with the floating AR's that are supposed to be flood and it is near the second shade down a hill between two trees. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtuoizLGUo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]Halo Anniversary Skull Location 343 Guilty Spark - YouTube[/ame]

Source? Do they disable achievements, notably Bandana? Must you be on at least normal or strictly legendary to get them? And how do people have the game THIS early?

Honestly, generally stealing from work. (Sometimes selling early, breaking street date, etc.) Just for reference, we got our Anniversary games on the 5th in WA.

We got copies of the Halo Anniversary strategy guide at work yesterday. I sat down with it during my break and just recorded all of the skulls and terminals in my phone the best I could.

Bandanna does NOT disable achievements sadly. There was no word on needing to be on a specific difficulty though. I'm guess normal and up will work.

I also did reading on the achievements just to see if there were any tricks or catches to getting them. Not really anything, but they did add some picky little details I'm not sure were included in the original release. For instance, pick up no weapons on Two Betrayals means NO weapons. getting the ammo for the shotgun is fine, but you also start with a plasma pistol and you're not allowed to swap it out even for another plasma pistol. Also, destroying wraiths on AotCR requires the use of the Scorpion. Destroying one without it is not going to count.

Thanks for including the definitive effects of the skulls.

As always, your work is far above par for the course.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bandana not disabling achievements. It will absolutely make the Library and Two Betrayals that much easier, which I will no doubt exploit... but I will feel guilty for not taking on the full, intended challenge

Also, is it true that you can't pick the skulls up, and that merely standing over them will give you said achievements?

Edited by Vectorman953

Thanks for including the definitive effects of the skulls.

As always, your work is far above par for the course.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bandana not disabling achievements. It will absolutely make the Library and Two Betrayals that much easier, which I will no doubt exploit... but I will feel guilty for not taking on the full, intended challenge

Also, is it true that you can't pick the skulls up, and that merely standing over them will give you said achievements?

I haven't heard anything about not picking them up, but it does seem likely since there was no skull programmed into the original CE Campaign. They meant it when they said they weren't going to tamper with the gameplay. Adding a usable skull would've meant coding in the animation and having damage ratios included for each of the individual enemies. Easier to just leave it out I suppose.

I doubt I'll use the infinite ammo skull for any of the level cheevos, but most likely I'll use it with the Fog skull to do my Iron achievement run.

It occurs to me that posting this just made my #1 completion run on X360A even more difficult, but oh well. I'd rather be a good sport about it and share my findings than horde it like a dick.

Really? There IS an infinite ammo skull? That makes all these difficulty cheivos mean crap. At least now we have a way to make them much easier but I cant believe they actually did this

I got my ass kicked trying to play CE again the other day and I'm still upset that Bandanna doesn't disable achievements. I was looking forward to the, "WAHWAH THESE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE TOO HARD" threads, also.

I got my ass kicked trying to play CE again the other day and I'm still upset that Bandanna doesn't disable achievements. I was looking forward to the, "WAHWAH THESE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE TOO HARD" threads, also.

Yeah the completionist in me says cool, that'll make this all so damn easy. But the vastly larger Halo fanboy portion in me is pissed that such a thing is even offered in this game. Of course I'm going to use it for some lol's every now and then but besides the Library speedrun I aint touching it for chievos if avoidable.

Cheers for the info, really helped me :).

For the Bandanna Skull its actually on top of the tunnel. Go through the tunnel like normal to the security room, go out the other side and look on the left side, you will just see it.

To get it i had 2 people, 1 with an overshield just in case, and threw 2 frags at the same time, jump and get launched and hopefully you will land on the roof of the tunnel.

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: For the Boom Skull, it is actually on the pipe that goes over the entrance to the first cave, you go to the right of the hole and there is a small path you can walk on to get there.

Cheers for the info, really helped me :).

For the Bandanna Skull its actually on top of the tunnel. Go through the tunnel like normal to the security room, go out the other side and look on the left side, you will just see it.

To get it i had 2 people, 1 with an overshield just in case, and threw 2 frags at the same time, jump and get launched and hopefully you will land on the roof of the tunnel.

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: For the Boom Skull, it is actually on the pipe that goes over the entrance to the first cave, you go to the right of the hole and there is a small path you can walk on to get there.

Thank you, I found them both :)

Great guide and thanks very much for this.

Was unable to find bandana on Silent cartographer though.

Also the description for boom is a little off. It's actually to the right of the trench going down into the tunnel. And is pretty far away from the pipes. Just walk up the ramp on the right and it's there after a few seconds.

guys, i cant find the boom skull :(, been over an hour now.. i got the waterfall one at the start of the level.. anyway... where is this skull?

after the 'reunion' bit..

the first trench near me goes down to the waterfall

the second one leads to the waterfall on the forward of the map

the third one is on the right towards at the end of the level

im guessing the skull im after is near the 3rd trench somewhere

.... did you read the description minesh1987?

''Description: After having the warthog dropped off, proceed like normal, but instead of going down into the trench, go around the left side and you'll come to a mesh of pipes, The skull will be directly behind it.''

It sounds to me like you have gone too far. You simply need to get the very first group of marines you meet up with. When you meet Johnson. They drop a warthog. Before entering the tunnel it's on the right side (not the left) up the ledge.