Dog tags & service stars

Totally Dubbed

Hey guys n girls!

Got a question for y'all:

1-Is there anywhere (and mind my ignorance if there is) a list of dog tags, which also have what they are assigned to?

I've only seen pictures of dog tags but with no description (thus only picture, or only text, with no picture...)

Source:

http://battlefieldo.com/did-we-say-dogtags/

Still not found a list...!

2-Would love to know what the gold dog tags are assigned to, and what the "signal lost" dogtag is assigned too :p!

DONE & Confirmed

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4679973#post4679973

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSD4PVYBAEw]Battlefield 3 - "Signal Lost" Dog Tag - By Totallydubbed - YouTube[/ame]

3-I finally got all the guns unlocked for co-op - where, or how do i check my progress towards the service star(s)? As on my battleblog it says I got 1 service star = but I never got the dog tag for it...

GLITCHED - EA need to fix this

Done all the Co-ops on all difficulties = NO DOG TAG, thanks EA...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/bf3e.png/

4-Secondly, I have a question regarding the service stars.

If i reach service star 5 on the support class - does that mean I get the gold support dog tag or not?

As I realise it goes all the way to 100 - so was wondering how that pans out?

Anything you get when you get service star 100? (lol)

Now understood - it's crazy to get 100 service tags...!

5-I got service star 5 (500 kills) with the m249, and got the dog tag assigned to it

Video here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohAlSxTXYqs]Battlefield 3 - M249 Service Star 5 - Dog Tag - By Totallydubbed - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Totally Dubbed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa those gold dog tags are snazzy but will take a long while to get, Each star is 170,000 for support.

That's 17 mil just with a class.

it is crazy amount of exp - it annoys me that EA didn't say what dog tags are assigned to what.

More so, what annoys me too, is the fact that some dog tags are never going to be unlocked. "country specific"

ie:

-DR pepper ones: US only

-Act of valour: North US only (TRAILER looked kick-ass though!!!)

-Gamestop or play.com - UK only, with only pre-order from them

Yeah some of those US pre order/Dr Pepper ones look snazzy I have a few in my collection of knifed people.

I actually managed to redeem the Act of valour ones as I did it straight away before it got clamped to US only, never use them.

I'm just an achievement whore :p

I like having everything complete...hehe

The one I like to keep is my BF2142 tag on the right...Haven't seen 1 person with it yet ;)

How would signal lost refer to being an MCOM attacker though? 0.0

It would make sense to me because the M-COM stations are supposed to be like databases I believe, which would be transmitting data "somewhere". You blow them up in the game to get rid of the data and/or cut off that data from the enemy in other locations. This is all symbolic since it's just a multiplayer thing, but I believe that's the backstory to some extent.

Just realised something about that co-op service star.

There's a co-op service star? Where?!

It would make sense to me because the M-COM stations are supposed to be like databases I believe, which would be transmitting data "somewhere". You blow them up in the game to get rid of the data and/or cut off that data from the enemy in other locations. This is all symbolic since it's just a multiplayer thing, but I believe that's the backstory to some extent.

There's a co-op service star? Where?!

oh interesting analogy!! Very try, you could be right

Co-op service star: Check my print screen in OP, and also check your dogtags, it says you can get a co-op service star :)

Co-op service star: Check my print screen in OP, and also check your dogtags, it says you can get a co-op service star :)

Ahh ok I see it now. Looking at several of my friends' profiles and comparing numbers, it would appear the service star for co-op works the same as the class service stars: unlock everything once, and get a service star. Do it all over again and get another service star. The last unlock for co-op is at 441,000 points, so it would seem you need 441k co-op points per service star.

I'm still confused as to how you have a co-op service star but don't have the dog tag for it :confused:

Ahh ok I see it now. Looking at several of my friends' profiles and comparing numbers, it would appear the service star for co-op works the same as the class service stars: unlock everything once, and get a service star. Do it all over again and get another service star. The last unlock for co-op is at 441,000 points, so it would seem you need 441k co-op points per service star.

I'm still confused as to how you have a co-op service star but don't have the dog tag for it :confused:

other way around amigo!

I got all the achievements + got all the guns, but DO NOT have the service star, and thus I DO NOT have the dog tag assigned to it...:(

Then why does it show that you have one on the screen cap I saw? Am I missing something here? :p

that's exactly my point :D! haha

it shows on battleblog, but yet I haven't gotten the dogtag for it.

There is no way of seeing what service star you have online (on the console) at least, I'm not aware of it

There is no way of seeing what service star you have online (on the console) at least, I'm not aware of it

Along with a million other things you can't see in-game, like weapons stats. I hate that I have to have a computer next to me (or my phone) just to check stats so I know how many more kills to a service star, for example. Really annoying.

I will look into this today while I'm at work. I'm going to be bored out of my mind anyway, may as well do something useful (not real work, obviously ;)).