Campaign DLC coming December 13th

XxStuartxX 1990

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9891-Gears-of-War-3-Getting--RAAM-s-Shadow--DLC-in-December.html

That Gears of War 3 Season Pass should look all the more enticing today, as Epic Games and Microsoft have announced the first chunk of proper campaign DLC, which will be launching after the Horde Command pack that's due to land on the Xbox Live Marketplace on November 1st.

Entitled, 'RAAM's Shadow' the campaign add-on will offer more than three hours of additional new gameplay for the Gears 3 campaign, with a prequel storyline set before the events of the first Gears of War that will star a cast of new and familiar faces. Furthermore, the pack will also be packing in another six multiplayer characters, a 'Chocolate Weapon Set' and 250 Gamerscore's worth of new achievements.

“When we announced the ‘Gears 3’ Season Pass, we immediately started getting hundreds of questions from fans about what the game add-ons would be,” said Epic Games Design Director, Cliff Bleszinski. “We’re really excited to be lifting the curtain on the first two releases, first with the ‘Horde Command Pack’ and now with ‘RAAM’s Shadow,’ which gives fans a new perspective on the ‘Gears’ universe and is also the biggest DLC release we’ve ever made.”

You'll be able to reunite with Lt. Minh Young Kim from Gears 1 and Tai Kaliso from Gears 2 in RAAM's Shadow, as well as meeting comic book Gears hero Michael Barrick and new female comrade, Alicia Valera. And as if that wasn't enough, you'll even get to step into the big scary boots of Gears 1 boss General RAAM himself, storming the human stronghold from his perspective.

“RAAM’s imposing size and strength, along with his Kryll shield, make him one of the most powerful and daunting foes in the ‘Gears’ universe,” said Bleszinski. “We think fans are going to have a blast unleashing hell upon the poor humans for the first time in a campaign setting.”

You'll be able to get your hands on Gears of War 3's RAAM's Shadow DLC on December 13th for 1200 Microsoft Points, or get it as part of the Season Pass, which is still available to download for 2400 Microsoft Points.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/20/gears-of-war-3-ventures-into-raams-shadow-dlc-in-december/

"RAAM's Shadow" sees Zeta Squad attempting to evacuate Illima City in the wake of Emergence Day.
New info from GameInformer:

•Begin as Player 1 assuming control of Michael Barrick, the rest of the squad is Lt. Kim leader of Zeta Squad, Tai and Valera.

•Emergence holes are back, so stock up on grenades.

•Hammer of dawn is now a "top-down view" instead of traditional controls.

•After a minor SPOILER that the magazine didn't mind telling (assholes. Moving on.) the perspective switches to Player 1 controlling RAAM.

•"When he's not targeting anyone, a swarm of Kryll surround RAAM and deflect incoming bullets. He's not invincible, however, as fire and explosions still damage him. These Kryll are also his ammunition, as he can target COG soldiers and direct the storm around them... Players never run out of Kryll, but the swarm ability operates on a cooldown timer."

•Close quarters for RAAM, he uses his "gigantic sword" for melee or can charge similar to a retro run.

•Players 2-4 will control 2 Elite Maulers and an Elite Theron. The Elite Theron has a Retro Sawed-Off that comes with two blades.

•During the DLC campaign players will switch back and forth between the locusts and Zeta Squad.

Edited by The Pants Party

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. thanks for posting this. I'm not sure about the Chocolate weapon set though. A brown Gnasher? It might look like you're trying to kill someone with a giant turd!

Well that's what the Gnasher was for me anyway, a giant shitstick.

Nonetheless.

We get to play as RAAM, aww yeeahhh!

Ok, so this wasn't here when I posted my thread which has been deleted.

Anyways.

Do we know if this is part of the Season Pass?

Reading the description could mean 4 DLC per quarter or 4 DLC total w/ 1 per quarter being covered by the SP.

Are you ready for even more Gears of War 3 content? The Gears 3 Season Pass is your ticket to brand new Campaign, Horde, Beast, and multiplayer content, including new playable characters. The Season Pass serves as your pre-order (at a 33% discount!) of four downloadable content packages that you will receive every quarter, starting in November. Season Pass purchasers also immediately receive the exclusive Liquid Metal animated weapon skin to show you’re ready for all the good things to come!

You get to play as RAAM?! With the kryll shield!? This game just keeps getting better and better. :D

Edit Well then I guess Kim's death scene in Gears 1 wasn't the first time he encountered RAAM. Maybe that was some kind of vengeance for whatever happens in this dlc.

Edited by collin232

Anyways.

Reading the description could mean 4 DLC per quarter or 4 DLC total w/ 1 per quarter being covered by the SP.

its been announced that we do get this with the season pass its the first 4 DLC available said cliffy b and rod fergusson many time

Anyways.

This thread was up before yours in the main forum. I made the sub-forum real quick, edited this thread with better info, deleted yours and moved this over. Nothing personal, just had a better title. :p

Anyway, the rule for achievements is per quarter "from the game's release" so the HCP is the first quarter content and this might be early by a week, but this will be Q2's content. So I'd expect the last two in late Feb/early March and then late May/early June. Since the HCP and this both have been confirmed at 250G, I'd guess each of the last to be 125G each since they'll likely just be map packs.

This thread was up before yours in the main forum. I made the sub-forum real quick, edited this thread with better info, deleted yours and moved this over. Nothing personal, just had a better title. :p

Anyway, the rule for achievements is per quarter "from the game's release" so the HCP is the first quarter content and this might be early by a week, but this will be Q2's content. So I'd expect the last two in late Feb/early March and then late May/early June. Since the HCP and this both have been confirmed at 250G, I'd guess each of the last to be 125G each since they'll likely just be map packs.

Good ol' Pants! Quick as lightning!!! ;)

I'm assuming another cheevo trading thread coming soon?!?

Damn now I'm seriously thinking to get that season pass...

... but I still didn't understand if it gives you 4 DLCs for free (including this one) or just a 33% discount on every DLC.

I thought it was already said elsewhere but reading this thread I see it's not clear yet :confused:

Edited by bbss

Damn now I'm seriously thinking to get that season pass...

... but I still didn't understand if it gives you 4 DLCs for free (including this one) or just a 33% discount on every DLC. I know it was already said elsewhere but I didn't pay attention since I had no interest in getting the pass till now.

So what's the answer? :confused:

It's a pre-order on the first 4 pieces of DLC at a 33% discount so if you bought the same separately it would cost over 3000 ms points instead of the 2400 you pay for the pass.

SOOO awesome.

i think Epic really heard and knew how much they Really fucked up on ticker tuesday so we get this and that new even from late Nov to Dec 21.

they do look out for the fans ! i'm Extra excited for this.

i as well am considering throwing away the COD elit for a Season Pass.

I'll take the elite if you don't want it. ^_^

SOOO awesome.

i think Epic really heard and knew how much they Really fucked up on ticker tuesday so we get this and that new even from late Nov to Dec 21.

they do look out for the fans ! i'm Extra excited for this.

i as well am considering throwing away the COD elit for a Season Pass.

It's not like they decided to make this dlc because ticker Tuesday didn't go over so well. This has been in the works for awhile now.